Making kief for baking: measurements

Gee

I’ve read a lot and still can’t seem to pin down what I’m looking for

“How to make a concentrate that I can be somewhat precise when cooking”

I don’t want to mess with alcohol or any other steps AND since most keif is between 70-80% THC, can’t I use 1 gram of keif and expect 7-8 milligrams of THC per cookie if I make 100 cookies?????

I’m new so if I say something dumb I apologize in advance. As I said simply trying to be somewhat precise. I generally eat a 10 mg edible and am really good, 5 mg and I’m relaxed.

Any pointers would be great. I dont wanna over do my edibles.

Every harvest, or batch of kief will be different.

Do you have a scale with at least 0.01gm accuracy? (0.001gm is better) If you do, make a small test batch of ten cookies with 0.05 gm of kief. Two cookies would be your normal dose, but this will let you gauge it better. You can then adjust the amount of kief for a full batch of cookies to get what you need.

No, i bought a scale from 'zon but didn't expect to think about baking and it is that accurate. think it does 0.1 gram at best. i have SOOO much trim in the freezer. grew dense buds but didnt trim the larf and it has tons of trich.

No, i bought a scale from 'zon but didn't expect to think about baking and it is that accurate. think it does 0.1 gram at best. i have SOOO much trim in the freezer. grew dense buds but didnt trim the larf and it has tons of trich.

I have a 50gm X 0.001gm scale. I currently use it to weigh rosin for capsules, and weigh chemicals to make STS. Tomorrow it will have yet another use weighing flower, concentrates, edibles, ticntures, and infusions to analyze their cannabinoid content.

I have a 50gm X 0.001gm scale. I currently use it to weigh rosin for capsules, and weigh chemicals to make STS. Tomorrow it will have yet another use weighing flower, concentrates, edibles, ticntures, and infusions to analyze their cannabinoid content.

do share. did you pic it up on 'zon?

do share. did you pic it up on 'zon?

Yes, these are the scales I use. All but the AccuLab were purchased through Amazon's Canadian site.

full.png

Yes, these are the scales I use. All but the AccuLab were purchased through Amazon's Canadian site.

full

The one on the bottom right. I can’t find it but found one. They seem to be the same scale with different labels. Noticed that on ph meters too. Ty

full.png

One last question and some for the day lol. WhAt is lowest grade of kief that would be good for edibles???

Going to keep the 75 screen to smoke, wondering if the next screen that I think is 120 would be ok to use or should I stick to the more pure kief??? Ty

full.png
what ??

no triple beam ? no velvet case justice scale ?
man.

where's the old on @Old Salt lol

those are sweet. the big acculab has to be 80's. the 100gm unit can't be far behind.
i should get some calibration weights.

what ??

no triple beam ? no velvet case justice scale ?
man.

where's the old on @Old Salt lol

those are sweet. the big acculab has to be 80's. the 100gm unit can't be far behind.
i should get some calibration weights.

The AccuLab was bought in 1995 to weigh the parts of slip for hobby ceramics. I also used it for making BioDiesel. The 100gm and 500gm units were purchased in 2007 to weigh what was needed for tissue culture. The 50Kg is used to weigh out the water for my nutrient solutions, and the 50gm unit to weigh chemicals for STS, filling capsules, and cannabinoid analysis. The last two were purchased specifically for cannabis cultivation, but will probably find other applications as well.

Out of curiosity, how much kief (a range is fine) could I get out of 1 pound of high quality trim????

I got a lot out but I didn’t know what to expect, when to stop shaking the bag, or how much plant matter gets in using the 120 micron. What I threw out was somewhat pulverized And it was a darker green than the collected kief but the plant matter was sticky. Trying to gauge quality for bakinG

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    691.6 KB · Views: 882
Nobody? Lol. I sifted over a pound of flower/larf and got close to two oz of kief

I am simply concerned I may be doin something incorrect. Seems like a lot.

Went outside to inspect remaining trim. It still gets sticky on hands but doesn’t hold together like kief. I think I did a reasonable job.

Anyway, hope everyone is have a great weekend

G

I've tried baking brownies and got too high - is that possible? :) I've moved on to making chocolate candies where I can better control the amount of kief and chocolate. I found that using volume measures instead of weight measures was easier, faster, and gave me consistent results. Here's what I did:

258 grams of chocolate (6 Hershey bars)
3 level teaspoons of decarbed Keif

Heat chocolate in double boiler; as it melts slowly add kief and stir; when fully blended spoon out about 1 tablespoon of chocolate mix into mold
Cool before attempting to remove from black silicone baking mold (found at salvation army store)

Made 30 chocolate candies (10 chocolates per tsp of kief)

1 chocolate should be the serving (2 max if you want to be really buzzed all day)

Back
Top Bottom