Making Rick Simpson Oil: Help Please!

Abernathy32

Hi, I am planning to make cannabis oil this Friday following the Rick Simpson method. I have never made this before, have only been doing research, reading threads and watching videos. As soon as I feel a little more confident, I read something else and the fear sets in again. I am determined to make this for my father who has small cell lung cancer but has now metastasized to his bones. He is currently in a terminal state because his doctors say they cannot do anything else for him. I currently live in Colorado, my family and father are in TN. I have spent he last couple of weeks getting together a lb of the best bud I could find for the amount of money I was able to spend. I have all of my supplies but am still very nervous. If I ruin this, I am shit out of luck bc I will be out of a lot of money and wouldn't be able to get what's i needed to make this again. I have a short window of time I can make this so I was planning to use the whole day Friday to make this, as I am leaving Sunday to head back home to be with my father and family and to give him this oil. I will be using a rice cooker, as advised but I couldn't find one with a high and low setting, only a "Cook" and "warm" setting. Will this still work? I have been trying to find info on the correct rice cooker but cannot find any other information other than people mentioning the high and low settings when making the oil. Another concern I had, was if I should only make some of it in case I ruined it the first go around, but then I probably wouldn't have enough time to make the rest. What are the chances of ruining the oil using a rice cooker? I know this is a lot of info and questions I am asking, but I could really use any help anyone can provide. I will be so grateful! Thank you!!

Hello Abernathy 32,

Please check out this link and ask the good folks over there your questions. They will be able to help with you.

Thank you! I'm not seeing a way to ask questions to these people. I tried to send a message but cant find a way to. I think these folks do mostly edibles ? I am trying to do the RSO method making a very highly concentrated oil using a rice cooker

Imo rsho is better medicine than rso. Rsho uses two long washes and gets alot of the plant material in the oil, rso uses a quicker one wash recipe that only gets the thc and a small amount of cbd and plant matter. Rsho has much more cbd in it.
The only downside to rsho that I've seen is stomach upset but that was easily helped by mixing the oil into food.
The rsho method on 1:1 thc:cbd strain whole dried plant, not rsho from hemp, sorry should have specified.

If it were me I would crush all the plant material and cover it with ethanol and let it sit for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally. Then I would drain and squeeze all the alcohol from the plant matter and repeat the process. Then put the alcohol on the stove on low to boil off the alcohol until the bubbles stopped. Not sure about a rice cooker.

Thank you so much for the help! I am glad you mentioned the washes bc that was something I was confused about with the RSO. He mentions that the first washed oil would be the best for healing the worst of diseases, and the second and third washed plant better for minor issues. But also says hat the first wash strips 75% of the medicinal parts of the plant. So wouldn't that mean that the second or third wash would be more potent bc it washes off more? He made it seem the opposite. He says using a rice cooker will keep people from over cooking he oil bc it automatically shuts itself down to warm or low if it gets too hot(like it would cooking rice) and to not use the stove bc its dangerous for boiling solvent?

Never use an open flame, I use my glass top stove on low but you have to watch it or you can overcook it. If your rice cooker shuts off that sounds like a good way to cook it, I might have to get me one.
I really don't understand rso, from my understanding half of the medicinal part is in the plant material. If you just do one quick wash you are only getting the thc and most of the cbd is still in the plant material.
I'm no expert, I've just made it and used it for the past few years.
The only way to know is to do it. You could do one quick wash and refine that while the bud sits in a second wash, try it both ways.

started doing the "alcohol extraction" method per Rick S. video. Started with fresh green stems, trim & stray bud. Slowly worked
up from small batches using Everclear to large batches using 99% ISO alcohol. Last batch used 6 qts, of 99% ISO on basically trash
and got over 400 hits of RS "grease" for a staggering sum of $24 usd. $4 a qt for the 99% ISO, that works out to 6 cents
a dose. Big pharma does not like to see this info!!!!!

BUT, one of the steps is to filter the extract through a coffee filter. I say SCREW that process as it strains out a whole bunch

of the goodie one wants. 1st 3 or 4 runs I did that and saved the filters(6-8 of them) each time and them let the filters air dry,

got all of the kief looking residue off the filter and holy shit that stuff kicks your ass. So DO NOT do the coffee filter part as it strains

out the good stuff, just smoking the residue is great and doubles the amount of meds one gets. Now I skip the filter, did a couple oz. of

bud(Blue Dream) & it is dyno-mite. Paz y Amor.

PS: get a rice cooker, they are cheap and work perfect. Even an old redneck cowboy bitch like me

has a hard time screwing up a rice cooker.

The large samples were soaked in 99% ISO. 4 quarts for stems/trim & little bud soaked 2 days before cooking.

6 qt. batch soaked for 5 days before cooking. tried a batch of 2nd run, not worth the effort.

started doing the "alcohol extraction" method per Rick S. video. Started with fresh green stems, trim & stray bud. Slowly worked
up from small batches using Everclear to large batches using 99% ISO alcohol. Last batch used 6 qts, of 99% ISO on basically trash
and got over 400 hits of RS "grease" for a staggering sum of $24 usd. $4 a qt for the 99% ISO, that works out to 6 cents

BUT, one of the steps is to filter the extract through a coffee filter. I say SCREW that process as it strains out a whole bunch

of the goodie one wants. 1st 3 or 4 runs I did that and saved the filters(6-8 of them) each time and them let the filters air dry,

got all of the kief looking residue off the filter and holy shit that stuff kicks your ass. So DO NOT do the coffee filter part as it strains

out the good stuff, just smoking the residue is great and doubles the amount of meds one gets. Now I skip the filter, did a couple oz. of

PS: get a rice cooker, they are cheap and work perfect. Even an old redneck cowboy bitch like me

This pretty much nails it. Don't strain it as there is a ton of good stuff in there, which will definetly help your Father. You can get some Gelatin capsules for a few dollars and make up the oil into doses. I would start pretty small as it can really knock your socks off if you have no tolerance to weed. A good friend of mine makes oil for Dad, his Dad took a full dose and ended up having a major freak out, he felt like he was going to die - he had never been stoned in his life. He is now used to it and its made a huge difference to his life. I hope you get your Father sorted out and he gets some relief.

I’ve found a way to make rso without heat! I take dry shake,leaves and trim place in quart canning jar add one quart of everclear and freeze for 7 days shake once a day and ignore for a few mounths than strain thru coffee filter and place liquid in clear glass bakeing pan allow the liquid to evaporate in a well vented room,gather the remainder with a razor blade. U can put in caps or put on toung to ingest.
A very long lasting feeling good high if taken on a empty stomach. LOL

Hi, I am planning to make cannabis oil this Friday following the Rick Simpson method. I have never made this before, have only been doing research, reading threads and watching videos. As soon as I feel a little more confident, I read something else and the fear sets in again. I am determined to make this for my father who has small cell lung cancer but has now metastasized to his bones. He is currently in a terminal state because his doctors say they cannot do anything else for him. I currently live in Colorado, my family and father are in TN. I have spent he last couple of weeks getting together a lb of the best bud I could find for the amount of money I was able to spend. I have all of my supplies but am still very nervous. If I ruin this, I am shit out of luck bc I will be out of a lot of money and wouldn't be able to get what's i needed to make this again. I have a short window of time I can make this so I was planning to use the whole day Friday to make this, as I am leaving Sunday to head back home to be with my father and family and to give him this oil. I will be using a rice cooker, as advised but I couldn't find one with a high and low setting, only a "Cook" and "warm" setting. Will this still work? I have been trying to find info on the correct rice cooker but cannot find any other information other than people mentioning the high and low settings when making the oil. Another concern I had, was if I should only make some of it in case I ruined it the first go around, but then I probably wouldn't have enough time to make the rest. What are the chances of ruining the oil using a rice cooker? I know this is a lot of info and questions I am asking, but I could really use any help anyone can provide. I will be so grateful! Thank you!!

Hey there, I know this was posted a year ago. But I'm wondering how your 1st batch of oil went. As I'm looking to make my own oil as well. I too have been watching videos and researching online. But of course I will welcome any information you have, and how well the oil worked for your father.

Goggle Rick Simson he does the video himself, on how to make RSO step by step. Going to the source would b most practical in your case. Lol

I'm planning to make RSO for my husband who has Prostate Cancer which has spread to his liver.I grew Baby Boomer + CBD which I was told was easier for a complete beginner so I'm hoping it's suitable.I only got a small crop 78gm but have more on the way. I'm really confused about what solvent to use that is safe to ingest..Rick Simpson says any "nasties" dissapears in the process.Its almost impossible to buy 99 % alcohol here in Portugal..Help please !!

The large samples were soaked in 99% ISO. 4 quarts for stems/trim & little bud soaked 2 days before cooking.

6 qt. batch soaked for 5 days before cooking. tried a batch of 2nd run, not worth the effort.

If you guys are not filtering how do you get out all the bits out when putting it into the rice cooker and then sucking up in the syringes?

Back
Top Bottom