Malawi cobs step by step

Cannapheliac

this is the process of making malawi cobs that the REV from skunk magazine said he used to produce a really bomb connisuer smoke that fetched top dollar.

Materials:
1) plastic 60 gallon trash can

2) 9 cubic feet of dirt

3) cornhusks

4) 1/2 ounce Malawi or equiv. Amount of sativa ( immediately following harvest buds should be hung dry as normal.
5) hemp fiber or twine

Process:

1) Cut or drill drainage holes in bottom of can. Fill trashcan 25% with dirt.

2) place the 1/2 ounce in the corn husk.

3) roll the herb back and forth in the corn husk ( somewhat like rolling a joint) compressing it into a cylindrical shape.
4) tightly wrap husks in the twine applying even more pressure to the herb.

5) place cobs on top of dirt in trash can and cover them with remaining 75% dirt.

Once per month pour a half a gallon of water on top of dirt. ( don't worry if weeds grow just pull em)

He goes on to say " I used this method to create Malawi cobs for a few seasons back in the day. The local connoisseurs paid some serious bucks these things. I sold a few, but my style is more to keep them and share with freinds and family. They were stunning and close enough to the real deal that it was difficult to disern them from the African variety."

I copied this word for word from REVS article " DIY MALAWI COBS" in SKUNK magazine. I have yet to try this myself so I can't awnser any ?s on this yet.
I will be doing a a half pound total ( 2 ounces of each variety I grow ).

Does any 1 know why he specified a half ounce of Malawi or equiv. Sativa?
I'm only growing 1 sativa and I was gonna do this 3 indica strains as well do you think it makes a difference in what type of bud you use?

Thank you so much for this post i've read about this curing technique before but never found a detailed step by step instruction
I heard you can also use banana peels?
have you ever tried or heard that?

Interesting! But I prefer the bush-man version as they actually traditionally do this for spiritual purposes and they do it WELL! I will try to do a documentary on this method one day - cobs rule!

I bumped into an old aquaintance who had a couple of cobs over the weekend - brought back some real good memories too! It is just such a cool way of carrying weed, it is always 'A' grade sativa in cobs. True Malawi Gold always is cured in cobs.

this sounds crazy? can someone please dumb this down a bit for me im too high to picture what were talking about here lol

Cobs are maize(corn) or banana leaves which are wraped around dried bud as a curing method. In Malawi the finest herb harvested will undergo this process and will be transported in this way to all destinations around Africa and abroad. The cobs are then tied with hemp cords made from the stalks of the plant, binding each tip by going around and around with the cord and working it along it so it is completed sealed in the cob. I have heard that the bush men collect the pollen from the male plants and sprinkle the pre-cured bud in the cob with it before sealing. The cobs are then treated in a number of ways before they are ready. Some of these treatments that I have observed are: burying the cobs underground for a week - making a fire on the surface of the ground abovve the buried cobs and that the heat slowly cures them. Also they are put in the morning sun under a cloth and left for a few hours to cure on the roof. There are others but I am only mentioning the methods that I have personally observed. When the cob is opened - enough moisture is preserved in the bud but they are dry, golden and pleasant to smoke with the classic Malawi flavour. No cystals are lost in handleing and transportation and I have smoked a cob with an old friend once that was around 5 years old and it was potent and still 'A' grade which surprized me as I would have expected it to be degraded with time.There is just no way to explain this method - you will have to visit Sothern Africa and try it for yourself ! I will however get some photgraphic documentation of this process and start a thread on this curing method and the traditional way of processing ganja in Africa.
:Rasta:

Interesting! But I prefer the bush-man version as they actually traditionally do this for spiritual purposes and they do it WELL! I will try to do a documentary on this method one day - cobs rule!

I bumped into an old aquaintance who had a couple of cobs over the weekend - brought back some real good memories too! It is just such a cool way of carrying weed, it is always 'A' grade sativa in cobs. True Malawi Gold always is cured in cobs.
Fellow Zimbo I figure...

Back
Top Bottom