Malawi cobs, underground curing

Cannapheliac

wsup every1, I read a great article in skunk about underground curing (malawi cobs) and was wondering if any1 has tried this? Or smoked any herb cured this way?
I will be doing a half a pound of my harvest this way so I will be able to give a smoke report in about 8 months as the cobs take 6 months to cure.
I will also be traditionaly jar curing the rest of my harvest and plan on doing the pepsi challenge with a few people to get true opinins and I will add thus in my smoke report.

I can't vouch for the quality ive never seen a malawi cob in person, but the article I read told of a grower in California making his own Malawi cobs and he said that people paid rediculous prices for them but that the cobs were sooo bomb that be only sold a few and kept the rest for himself and freinds!

And he went on to suggest every grower should try it this way!
he said it was a real connisuer smoke!

And im not using malawi gold, but I'm gonna do two ounces of each strain that I'm growing, venom kush, poison kush,cheese, Thai x skunk #1.

Interesting. Let us know how it turns out. I would tend to side with Moose on this one though as it seems like the product would rot more then cure.

I can't vouch for the quality ive never seen a malawi cob in person, but the article I read told of a grower in California making his own Malawi cobs and he said that people paid rediculous prices for them but that the cobs were sooo bomb that be only sold a few and kept the rest for himself and freinds!...

Keep in mind, people also pay rediculous prices for purple buds that are no more potent than green ones. :grinjoint: :peace:

yea il definately do a smoke report.
and I agree with both of you! I would think it would rot too!
especially because you pour 1 gallon of water a month over the dirt where you bury it, I'm going to do a step by step guide right now its out of skunk magazine and written by the guy who raved about his results and il Copy it word for word so you guys could see the exact method used.

yea il definately do a smoke report.
and I agree with both of you! I would think it would rot too!
especially because you pour 1 gallon of water a month over the dirt where you bury it, I'm going to do a step by step guide right now its out of skunk magazine and written by the guy who raved about his results and il Copy it word for word so you guys could see the exact method used.

So far it sounds like a recipe for some muddy-old rotten buds! :thedoubletake:

I would appreciate you posting the step-by-step process for this greatly. I have never heard of this before now, which is also why I doubt it's effectiveness. :grinjoint: :peace:

yeah dirty buds don't seem too appealing to me but if it actually works without rotting the poor nugs, then i just might change my mind on the issue. I would like a smoke report too when you are done. I'm looking forward to it.

wsup every1, I read a great article in skunk about underground curing (malawi cobs) and was wondering if any1 has tried this? Or smoked any herb cured this way?
I will be doing a half a pound of my harvest this way so I will be able to give a smoke report in about 8 months as the cobs take 6 months to cure.
I will also be traditionaly jar curing the rest of my harvest and plan on doing the pepsi challenge with a few people to get true opinins and I will add thus in my smoke report.

Hey hows it going??? I have a garden that I will be harvesting in the next 15 days or so... I just shut down the CO2 today but I never heard of that Malawi... I did hear of Water which I have no desire to Try but do you happen to have the Technique on how it is done??? Is it posted up on a thread in here??? I'm blowing out some Church, Train Wreck, Buku (BURM KUSH), Southern Lights, and Sensi Star... I would not mind a little experimenting 6 months for a TRUE cure??? That is long but I would like to see if it really worth the wait...

Any Info would be Appreciated GL

Hey hows it going??? I have a garden that I will be harvesting in the next 15 days or so... I just shut down the CO2 today but I never heard of that Malawi... I did hear of Water which I have no desire to Try but do you happen to have the Technique on how it is done??? Is it posted up on a thread in here??? I'm blowing out some Church, Train Wreck, Buku (BURM KUSH), Southern Lights, and Sensi Star... I would not mind a little experimenting 6 months for a TRUE cure??? That is long but I would like to see if it really worth the wait...

Any Info would be Appreciated GL

DUDE!! Your the third person to ask for the step by step method when its been posted for two days already!
but hey bro I'm glad to see some1 else is intrested in doing this, supposedly its just supposed to a top notch cure if done right and nothing is better then bomb ass bud cured for at least 3 months! Any sooner and your depriving yourself of a beautiful smoking experience.
but I'm gonna add you to my freinds list so we could exchange results when we are done.
I can't wait!

Yeah that whole water cure has me really in question... People rant and rave over it and I think I have some water cured NOW.. When you get that smoke that is really Skunk but very smooth not harsh @ all may have been the water cure... My whole thing about that is the 50 degrees in a cooler 3 days swapping water and keeping plates over it scares me I can see trying a few plants but to do a whole garden NAHhh...

I always ripped off all fan leaves hang for 10-14 days and then clean up all the sugar leaves... Then I let them hang another 24 hrs put into a Mason jar and do a 8 hr Burp and they are really 80-90% dried and Cured that way for me...

I know I was the Third person so how is it done??? Does it have something to do w/ the way the Hawaiians cook a PIG??? Then it is like on a STICK (So if the stick has weight to it they get less grass and we get more cash???)

Well Nice to have a Friend around here!!! Hope to get the directions from yah soon... LOL

Thanks GL

I live in Malawi and have done so for 4 years. I smoke quite a bit of cob, one time i bought some at Lake Of Stars which is this music festival we have at the lake here, the cob had been cured perfectly and was sticky as honey and dark green. you can see the cob on the the attachment below, it smelled like spicey citrus, pine cones or something. It was a crazy Strong sativa with a psychedelic long lasting high.

I wonder what would happen if you cured some blueberry or ak-47, I think it would be crazy. and the weed wouldnt rot cause you dry it before you put it in the cob wrap, and you bury it in the dry season so the earth is dry and no rain for a few months ;) Its pretty simple but takes a few months to make cobs, but it gives a whole new experience to cannabis. old time stoners will love malawi weed :)

I would really love any advice on how to dry buds discretely. I was hoping to find out how to do this underground but any advice would be greatly appreciated! My first idea was having it in a rubbish bag and placed in a bucket with a lid then buried. Is this stupid and pointless? I would love to know! :peace:

I live in Malawi and have done so for 4 years. I smoke quite a bit of cob, one time i bought some at Lake Of Stars which is this music festival we have at the lake here, the cob had been cured perfectly and was sticky as honey and dark green. you can see the cob on the the attachment below, it smelled like spicey citrus, pine cones or something. It was a crazy Strong sativa with a psychedelic long lasting high.

I wonder what would happen if you cured some blueberry or ak-47, I think it would be crazy. and the weed wouldnt rot cause you dry it before you put it in the cob wrap, and you bury it in the dry season so the earth is dry and no rain for a few months ;) Its pretty simple but takes a few months to make cobs, but it gives a whole new experience to cannabis. old time stoners will love malawi weed :)
Those looked awesome can you send some of the beautiful seeds to the USA

Back
Top Bottom