Malawi Gold, Chamba, Organic, Daylight Shifting, 2017

Hi Guy's here's my Malawi (Chamba) growing at the moment, we still get them coming through South Africa but quite scares.

Looks real good. What is the cob wrapped in? It looks like there're seeds so I'm guessing you bought it. If there are seeds are they viable for germination?

These are my Malawi Gold seedlings on Day 5-6 after germination. The plant markers were rearranged after this picture to eliminate the gaps due to the 4 failures. They now go from MG1 - MG12. MG1 was the first to germinate and MG12 was the last to germinate.
IMG_065853.JPG

A close-up of MG1. A little surprised at the width of these leaves. They don't look all that different than Afghani that I'm used to growing. I was expecting thin long sativa leaves. Apparently, (after a little research)the first leaves are broad followed by the long, thin sativa leaves.
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/IMG_066550.JPG
Close-up of MG5. This seedling was later renamed MG4 after rearranging due to MG2's failure.
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/IMG_066452.JPG
Here is a pic of the watering can I use for these little seedlings. It has an adapter at the tip that allows a very accurate placement of the water. Being cautious not to over-water and not wanting to cause damping off I pour a small bead of water around the edge of the pot. The middle where the stem is stays dry until it absorbs water from the edges. Before watering I always pick up the pot to feel the weight. It may look dry because the surface of the soil is obviously dry but sometimes the weight tells me not to water yet.
I got a Malawi cross I’m working with now. It flowered in like 10 weeks and is really nice, I forget what it was crossed with, I will have to look... I’m going to read this whole journal! Interesting stuff!

Morning Guy's
very interesting thread. I am located in SA and over the last 24 years have had some nice Malawi coming through, over the years I have kept seeds from the Malawi Cobs but only started growing them out recently.I Must say Malawi is my all time favourite , from the smell/taste to the high. within the years smoking this strain I have came across 3 phenos 1 Fruity 1 that's woody/spicy (which is my favourite) and one that's a but minty. here are a few pic's of my current grow

106694208_295675064892011_5019594343242071535_n.jpg

106419371_736527000507957_2885688160210190500_n.jpg

169668647_297666128596630_9135524623164576255_n.jpg

169413462_799888154234751_6721456406405328082_n.jpg

169640115_484233536102548_2680222949556414665_n.jpg

169766623_1069233180230961_5472271284938259266_n.jpg

Thanks for the info and pictures APAX. I'm in total agreement about Malawi Gold. It's my favorite as well and I really like the smell as it fills the house. I have the fruity pheno which also has red stems. I also have the woody pheno seeds in the freezer which I will grow sometime in the future. My present grow, "Revisited", which will be finished any day now might interest you. I grew 10 Queen Sativa seeds I harvested from the 2017 grow. There are 2 distinct phenos in this present grow - one has what I refer to as indica flowers and the other has sativa flowers.

Thanks for the info and pictures APAX. I'm in total agreement about Malawi Gold. It's my favorite as well and I really like the smell as it fills the house. I have the fruity pheno which also has red stems. I also have the woody pheno seeds in the freezer which I will grow sometime in the future. My present grow, "Revisited", which will be finished any day now might interest you. I grew 10 Queen Sativa seeds I harvested from the 2017 grow. There are 2 distinct phenos in this present grow - one has what I refer to as indica flowers and the other has sativa flowers.
Great threads ! will go though all over the weekend, :)

Looks real good. What is the cob wrapped in? It looks like there're seeds so I'm guessing you bought it. If there are seeds are they viable for germination?
Morning, they are wrapped in Banana husks, that's how it comes from Malawi, yes they do not pull their males so it's full of seeds, but never the less it smokes like a dream

My present grow, "Revisited", which will be finished any day now might interest you. I grew 10 Queen Sativa seeds I harvested from the 2017 grow. There are 2 distinct phenos in this present grow - one has what I refer to as indica flowers and the other has sativa flowers.
Hey Hophead, I'm really keen to investigate Sativas more. I popped into your thread when I saw Malawi mentioned, as I've just recently made some 'Malawi style cobs' with my last harvest. Apparently some folk think Sativas are better for cobbing, but I only had one sativa dominant which was Strawberry Cough at 80% but I am hoping to get some ACE sativa strains next.
Morning, they are wrapped in Banana husks, that's how it comes from Malawi, yes they do not pull their males so it's full of seeds, but never the less it smokes like a dream
Hi APAX, I was recently given some 'testers' of different strains, they were all heavily seeded and after trying to pack my vape I found it such a pain with all the seeds that I had to spent an hour going thru the bag to separate the out the seeds.

It's almost too much hassle to separate them out, I wondered what do you do when you go to smoke heavily seeded weed, do you just roll up everything or separate it out first?

Hey Hophead, I'm really keen to investigate Sativas more. I popped into your thread when I saw Malawi mentioned, as I've just recently made some 'Malawi style cobs' with my last harvest. Apparently some folk think Sativas are better for cobbing, but I only had one sativa dominant which was Strawberry Cough at 80% but I am hoping to get some ACE sativa strains next.

Hi APAX, I was recently given some 'testers' of different strains, they were all heavily seeded and after trying to pack my vape I found it such a pain with all the seeds that I had to spent an hour going thru the bag to separate the out the seeds.

It's almost too much hassle to separate them out, I wondered what do you do when you go to smoke heavily seeded weed, do you just roll up everything or separate it out first?
Hi I just separate them, but now growing them out they are less seedy as I pulled most of the Males :)

95639CA6-9AD8-4668-BD5E-4F9CE543C2FE.jpeg
All I can find is a crumble picture! It was nice though still working with her!
Looks great, yes I use the seeds that came in the COBS to grow them out , it is quite difficult to germ depending on the age of the cob, I planted like 40 seeds Half germinated so was left with 20 seedlings which only 4 was female the rest where males and hermies

My cobs are only 2 weeks old and still in the ferment stage, but I'm really looking forward to trying them out once cured and aged. It's great you've got the real Malawi genetics to experiment with.

My cobs are only 2 weeks old and still in the ferment stage, but I'm really looking forward to trying them out once cured and aged. It's great you've got the real Malawi genetics to experiment with.
Cool pls share pictures of how they came out once done :)

Back
Top Bottom