Male or Female? Confusion! Does This Photo Help? Urgent Responses Required Please

NCOMark

I have a number or units that are currently in day 17 of flower. I am confident about all the other units (that they are female) however, this one is causing me some confusion. There are the white hairs (pistils) easily visible on the unit although as you can see from the photo there are 'sac's' that i am uncertain about. Are they going to get bigger and contain pollen or are they going to release the pistil that i am hoping for ?!

After reading a few sites, they advise that plants that are 'taller' and 'lanky' with less leaves are signs of a male plant. This plant does seem to droop when it needs watering (unlike the others) and is quite tall and sparse leaves.

All opinions and advice are welcome ! I need to get this sorted ASAP for obvious reasons !

Re: Male or Female ? Confusion ! Does This Photo Help ? URGENT Response's Required Pl

Those are definetly pollen sacs that don't have long until they open, Carefully remove ASAP

Re: Male or Female ? Confusion ! Does This Photo Help ? URGENT Response's Required Pl

Really appreciate the response paddy smoke ! I think i was just hoping that you or sum one was going to tell me it was fine and was a female lol. I read you post after i had gone to the tent. I carefully lifted it out (id put it at the front so it was easy to get to if i needed to) and i have moved it to the other side of the room (Approx. 6 meters).

None of the 'sacs' appear to have opened or 'burst' so how do i know if any of my girls have been exposed and 'pollinated' ??

Thanks again, Mark

i think you were very lucky , they are just ripe but i think in a couple of days it would be a different story , normally tell tail signs is the pistols on the girls will quickly turn orange/brown and you will see the seed pods forming, growth of bud stops as all the energy is put into seed production .
I pollinated my own plant this year for seeds and the guys talked me through every thing, its a great place here to be educated .. learn every day :high-five:

I suppose all i can do is cross my fingers (and toes haha) and wait to see if the worst has happened. I have 9 (confirmed) girls in the tent, it was 10 units with the mail. I suppose the feminized seeds that are 90% female was spot on as i had 10 units with 1 male (thanks to you mate). Weather it is beginners luck or that i have been, what you would call 'anal' about everything, EC, Ph etc. I seem to have some big strong girls producing nice buds so far.

If any of the sacs had burst and pollinated, what ratio would be at risk out of the 9 girls ? They are in a small (too small, but that all be altered for the next set of units) tent so are very close to each other. Im just wondering what worst case scenario could be if the guy 'sowed his seed' ?!

I have learnt everything i know online and my knowledge is purely thanks to the web. Fortunately, thanks to my profession, attention to detail is what is going to produce positive results for my first grow. Well thats if everything continues as expected !

What is the radius of potential pollination ? I have moved him well away from the girls, however he is currently still in the same room (well the cellar, it isn't exactly a small bedroom). Im thinking he is far enough away, i wanted to just leave him and see what happens out of interest. Or is this risky ? should i just get him out of there and destroy him ?!

Your advice is greatly received mate !

I think I've heard pollen can travel pretty far, your gonna wanna be careful not to bring it into your room via your clothing or it getting on you. I would either kill or take it outside. Spray , mist your girls down with water it will kill the pollen if any got out into your room. Happy growing :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

Me and the girls don't seem to be having a great week so far ! 'paddy smoke' and any other person with an insight into sexing; i have another query that i am hoping you can provide a conclusion for. I noticed today (as the above posts made me go over every cm of the girls bodies) that there is another displaying attributes that i am uncertain of. The pictures below are all of the same unit, i have provided multiple as there is clear evidence that supports my initial conclusion that she is intact a she, not another he ! However, as you can see (hopefully clearly) there are yet more 'sac' like attributes that i am not positive are 100% female. I have everything crossed that you guys (maybe girls) are going to tell me that they ARE NOT pollen filled testicles !! For obvious reasons, i will appreciate prompt responses incase worst case scenario becomes a reality :bitingnails:

All responses, advice and opinions are greatly received.

Thanks in advance !

Back
Top Bottom