Male or female Jack Herer plant?

0r1g1N3w

420 Member
Hey fellow Growers! I hope everyone had a great 420 yesterday. I've been growing a Jack Herer Autoflower that is supposed to be feminized but as it's growing I cannot tell if I have a male or female plant. Check out the pictures here. Looks like there are "balls" at some of the joints. But then I also see a lot of white hairs too.
My concern also stems from one of the plants I had in my grow tent being a male. It was a bag seed and of course I just had to watch it until I saw the signs but as soon as I did I removed the male plant from my tent. Not sure if the damage was already done to some of the plants already in there like this Jack Herer case in point.

So let me know what you think. Thanks in advance for all the comments to come.

A male plant may have pollinated your female. Some of the calyxes do look swollen but don't take that as a positive. Looks are sometimes deceiving.

Anything that has a white hair coming out of it is a female flower....

You just may end up with some seeds. Not the worst thing that can happen for sure.

@Weaselcracker we must have been writing at the same time.....You're faster at the draw.

Hey fellow Growers! I hope everyone had a great 420 yesterday. I've been growing a Jack Herer Autoflower that is supposed to be feminized but as it's growing I cannot tell if I have a male or female plant. Check out the pictures here. Looks like there are "balls" at some of the joints. But then I also see a lot of white hairs too.
My concern also stems from one of the plants I had in my grow tent being a male. It was a bag seed and of course I just had to watch it until I saw the signs but as soon as I did I removed the male plant from my tent. Not sure if the damage was already done to some of the plants already in there like this Jack Herer case in point.

So let me know what you think. Thanks in advance for all the comments to come.

Female. No signs of male. How is your plant like that after 83 days.anyway?

Female. No signs of male. How is your plant like that after 83 days.anyway?

If you mean looking small and behind schedule?
Great question... A few answers.
- I'm a newbie and still trying to figure $h1t out.
- I think this is a common thing with the autoflower seeds I have been trying. They seem to be a 3rd of the size I see in pictures here
- the autoflower seeds germ great but are super sensitive and this one actually made a fight for life after looking stuck in stasis growth for 3 weeks. So yeah this lady is short and behind sched in my opinion.
- I could be counting days incorrectly. I started day 1 as the day the little baby lost the seed shell. Maybe a day or 2 after breaking ground.
- the 3 gallon pot I'm using may be too small?
- did I mention I'm still finding my way go the promise land of Harvestville?

Thanks and any advice is helpful.

- I think this is a common thing with the autoflower seeds I have been trying. They seem to be a 3rd of the size I see in pictures here
- the autoflower seeds germ great but are super sensitive and this one actually made a fight for life after looking stuck in stasis growth for 3 weeks. So yeah this lady is short and behind sched in my opinion.
- I could be counting days incorrectly. I started day 1 as the day the little baby lost the seed shell. Maybe a day or 2 after breaking ground.

Im totally in the dark with auto`s so dont bother. Are they worth the effort compared to "normal fems"? Anyhow,got a grow on the go,Big budx5. Check it out on plant and bud photo`s.

Auto-flowering plants usually take less nutrients than their regular counterparts.

Most people count days from breaking the soil as a sprout.

3 Gallon pots are a decent size,but some use bigger pots. I use 3 gallon pots, but I have a small tent.

But there are a few things to remember. Photos don't always give a true scale of a plant. Any plant can be stunted if you are not providing a good environment.

If you are a new grower, and in soil, you have found the hardest medium to learn, but the easiest to deal with after you learn. Most soil growers tend to water too often at first, and water too much at first. You should not be saturating the soil when the plant is small. It takes too long to dry out and will give root problems.

Autoflowers are great, once you know how to grow, but stunting them while learning will affect your yields (small plants).

It is best to start a journal and ask for help.

I know that was a lot, but the auto isn't always the culprit. Environment is everything for the plant (any plant) to be successful.

This is all just my opinion.

Im totally in the dark with auto`s so dont bother. Are they worth the effort compared to "normal fems"? Anyhow,got a grow on the go,Big budx5. Check it out on plant and bud photo`s.

Yeah I'm done with autoflower for now. They don't seem worth the effort. I'll check your grow out for sure!

Auto-flowering plants usually take less nutrients than their regular counterparts.

Most people count days from breaking the soil as a sprout.

3 Gallon pots are a decent size,but some use bigger pots. I use 3 gallon pots, but I have a small tent.

But there are a few things to remember. Photos don't always give a true scale of a plant. Any plant can be stunted if you are not providing a good environment.

If you are a new grower, and in soil, you have found the hardest medium to learn, but the easiest to deal with after you learn. Most soil growers tend to water too often at first, and water too much at first. You should not be saturating the soil when the plant is small. It takes too long to dry out and will give root problems.

Autoflowers are great, once you know how to grow, but stunting them while learning will affect your yields (small plants).

It is best to start a journal and ask for help.

I know that was a lot, but the auto isn't always the culprit. Environment is everything for the plant (any plant) to be successful.

This is all just my opinion.
Agree

Back
Top Bottom