Male or Female or Too Soon?

KodiakKid

Hi, I am a new member growing for the first time outside in the Portland, Oregon area. This is a plant I have in the ground. It is about 8 weeks old since emergence and is about 3 feet tall. I think I see the first signs of sex. I was hoping that someone experienced at this could tell me whether this plant is female or male, or whether it is too early to tell. Thanks so much for looking. I hope the pictures are adequate.

IMG_0011277.JPG
IMG_0010305.JPG
IMG_0007-001.JPG

Guys, as I said before, I am I first time cannabis grower, but a long time organic vegetable grower. Whole new ball game. I would love advice on how to proceed from here. I am new to the site, would it be appropriate to ask those questions in this thread? I have other plants, too, only one other starting to show sex that I fear might be a male. Anyway, I started with the notion of using Botanicare nutes.
This particular plant has received Liquid Karma and a bit of Botanicare Grow. I've since learned Botanicare isn't completely organic.
Does anyone have some advice on what nutes I should use going forward as it is moving into flower?

'

Ever consider brewing up a batch of ur own organic tea? I've been experimenting with it for the past several years. For my tomatoes and my medicine. Seems to make my medicine taste sweeter and more aromatic. My tomatoes actually taste like fruit! I grow artichoke, onion, garlic, squash and watermelon also but never seem to make enough of it to go around.

I use trim from celery stalks, tomatoes, carrot ends, fresh cuttings from my garden, lettuce that doesn't get eaten etc..I cut them down to even smaller pieces and toss them into a 5 gallon bucket along with a sock filled to the size of a baseball with rabbit manure and some molasses . I fill the bucket half-way with tap water leaving room for me to add fresh water every day. I supply oxygen via air pump and air stones. I place the bucket in the sun and leave it for a few days. Then strain the liquid from the mush. This is not a receipe just a general idea. Ill dilute it depending on how much and what type produce I put in. Like I said I'm just experimenting with it and have had good luck so far.

Better living through chemistry!

Seriously, why not get some pure organic flowering nutes in a bottle to finish of your first pot plants. Can't really help you there tho but all the teas and such can be experimented with once you've got a couple of piles of buds on the table for smoking.

With your other plant experience pot will be easy once you get it that it's just another plant that wants to grow and not some mountain that needs climbing. It has particular nutrient needs that will enhance it's development but will still produce really decent results with just the basics.

You should open up a grow journal and then you'll have a spot to share some pics and get some feedback to ease any concerns you might have.

L8r

That thing is tiny. I think it's a little bit too early still.

Back
Top Bottom