Male or Female?

sex_3.jpg
Just wanted to make sure I know what I am looking for. It looks like I may be female heavy. If anyone has a clear pic of a male preflower please share
sexing_4.jpg

Re: Male or Female???

Thanks diesel! Does anybody have a pic of a male to compare to? I want to be totally sure before I start chopping away.

I have one that I`ll take a pic of when I get home from work, maybe you can take another pic this afternoon also, Basically you would see small balls ( the pollen sacks ) where those pistles are. peace!

ok, these pics I just took of a hermaphrodite that I have, the flash didnt help but you can see the pods at the node points ( football shaped sacs ) protruding out horizontally. They look like tiny balls at first but as they get bigger they look like this. You can also see pics online to get the image of a male cannabis plant, hope that helped, peace !

nycd_027.jpg

nycd_026.jpg

nycd_025.jpg

nycd_024.jpg

cool, thanks! What do you do witha hermie? Kill it? Will the seeds it produces all be herms too?
I have been looking close, and some of what I see looks like tear drop shape. Is that female as well?

when a female turns hermie are the seeds it produces all female ? herd this somewhere i forget thnx

when a female turns hermie are the seeds it produces all female ? herd this somewhere i forget thnx

no. they would carry on the hermie trait. you get fem seeds when u turn a fem to hermie by using some chemicals...cant remember them off the top of my head.

This one gets the axe, herms seeds will be herms, this one accually showed male traits first, show a pic of the teardrop shapes you are talking about if you can.

cool, thanks! What do you do witha hermie? Kill it? Will the seeds it produces all be herms too?
I have been looking close, and some of what I see looks like tear drop shape. Is that female as well?

You can microwave the plants and smoke the leaves. It still gives you a bit of high. If you don't want it, that's what I would do. Start a new one and good luck with that.

Can you update us with new photos of some close-ups? I've heard some people accidentally killed their plants thinking it was male at first, then it's really a fem.

Here are some updated pics. 1 is my Iranian auto and the other is my hybrid strain.

iaf.jpg

sexing_4.jpg

What is going on with this one?? What is this? I have a couple spots like this one on a few plants.
shit1.jpg

Thanks. I found out waht that spot is. It is a corn borer. I was cutting some clones and cut a branch with that on there. I dug into it and sure enough it was a little catipillar in there. I have been using azamax on them. Drenching the soil, and using seven to kill what is on the outside. Hopefully they don't cause too much dammage before harvest. we'll see.

Hey Craven,hard to tell but looks like balls to me. Here is a link for preflower info What are preflowers?
There is a ton of info there,it's under GROW ROOM, How to grow marijuana. :peace:

no. they would carry on the hermie trait. you get fem seeds when u turn a fem to hermie by using some chemicals...cant remember them off the top of my head.

the thing about the never ending hermie controversy is there really isn't one right answer. Some will show more male characteristics while in those wonderful rare cases you'll get a real weird shaped but huge fem cola on a hermie. It honestly can make for an interesting study if you have the time and care to explore it.

But for the ones that are obviously a waste go a head and ax em, them use the remains for organic compost instead trying to smoke any of it, just an idea if u haven't considered it.

Back
Top Bottom