male or female?

cbgb

hey folks , brand new to this page / forum and could use some help. what is the best way to tell male from female plants? thank you

Hey and welcome to :420:

:welcome:

Best way to recognize a female from a male is by checking for preflowers. When plant is sexually mature (depends from strain to strain) they will start showing their sex.

Marijuana-sexing-female-male-11.gif

crzycom1-pm.jpg

Here is a more detailed explanation Female Pre-Flowers and Flowering

And some useful links to get you started here in the :420: community :love:
New Member Start Links
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know
How to Search 420 Magazine Forums
How to Make a Grow Journal
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

:Namaste:

I have finished reading that post and can offer my opinion. I apologize in advance for those who it will sound harsh too.

To be honest I see no real reason to "discard" you seeds as it is said in that chart. Of course you are free to do anything you want with your seeds, but this is a little in the mythic area. Sounds to me like the method women used to "predict" babies sex, by shape of belly, before ultrasounds LOL. :laughtwo: ( it's not the most SF I heard of :rofl: )

But on the positive side, there are always feminized seeds, from trusted breeders you can be almost 100% sure they will be girls. I say almost because nothing is guaranteed when it comes to genetics.

:love:

Take cuttings and flower them in a glass of water maybe a drop of super thrive. They will show without having roots. Just need to control environment in a very small space

Back
Top Bottom