Male or Hermie? Pistils on one node but pollen sacs everywhere else, pics

weejus

420 Member
I started with a few plants but a couple died so i had 2 left, one was a confirmed male so i took him out and the other was showing preflowers with white hairs sprouting so i thought "hey, i got me a female!". but i wasn't noticing any more pistils else where but i waited and waited and still nothing but what looks like pollen sacs! but the pistils are still growing from the one node (pictured). what gives? can you grow a flower in one spot and pollen sacs everywhere else?

Re: Male or Hermie??? Pistils on one node but pollen sacs everywhere else (pics insid

20160922_101803_1_.jpg
20160922_101730_1_.jpg
20160922_101709_1_.jpg
20160922_101633_1_.jpg

Re: Male or Hermie??? Pistils on one node but pollen sacs everywhere else (pics insid

Looks like a pure male to me. I'm not seeing pistils. :(

Same here mate just looks male. Am I right in thinking you are seeing pistils in 1st photo? They are stipuls ( I know my spelling is bad ) but yeah I'd say pure male.
Triggz.

Yeah in the first photo is where i was seeing them, i can clearly see the stipules but there are distinct (what i'm calling) white hairs coming out of what looks to be a female pre-flower. I though i read that some hermies can show one sex on the majority of a plant but a different sex on a branch or 2. either of you ever hear of that? but yeah either way looks like a lot of work for nothing :(

Yeah I see what your saying now I zoomed right in lol. Yeah I've heard of it mate, I haven't got any time for any plant with male showing as can compromise the whole grow. Unless your after seeds or trying out some breeding then I would get rid mate.
Triggz.

I also have questions about plants that appear to have morhed. My plant was showing heavy signs of being a female. Beautiful female buds,then out of nowhere we started getting what appeared to be little seed pods,but when you break them open it looks like a little flower inside. Now I have heard that a plant that does this,can pollenate itself and that the seed from this plant can produce what people are calling feminized seed. Frist question-is this true??? Second question. Not all of the female buds look like this. So my question is. If only part of your plant gets pollinated,is the rest of your buds going to alright and smokable??? Sorry for the bad spelling.I hope one of you more experienced grows can figure this out and give me some advice. I was after seed but wanted to controp what got pollinated with what. ZIGZAG

You can smoke any part of any plant, including males. Seeded buds can be extremely potent.
You may be seeing swollen calyxes.

Thank you for your responce. I remember back in the 60"st wheb we had nothing but good old mexican dirt weed and we had to sift the seeds out. HAHA man those where the days. So I guess I will just let my sweeties grow. I am very close to harvest. Now all I need is an outlet for all the seed I am going to get. The strain is Durbin Poisin-Durbin Poisin crossed to OG-Kush and Durbin Poisin crossed to Mt. Hood a Oregon growing strain. Thanks again. ZIGZAG

UPDATE: Since it's already a hermie I'm going to try and get some yield out of it and play around with it some. I trimmed the tops of all the branches that were showing male pollen sacs only and a few of the upper fan leaves to allow more light to reach the leaves closest to the bud sites on the main stem. only 4 spots so far are showing pistils so far but i'm fairly confident in seeing a few more come up. this was my first grow and I will try again with whatever seeds i can generate regardless of if they are hermie seeds or not unless i can find others. Going to to do the best with what i've got, will upload pictures pretty soon

Yeah in the first photo is where i was seeing them, i can clearly see the stipules but there are distinct (what i'm calling) white hairs coming out of what looks to be a female pre-flower. I though i read that some hermies can show one sex on the majority of a plant but a different sex on a branch or 2. either of you ever hear of that? but yeah either way looks like a lot of work for nothing :(

I had a true hermie in my last grow... She threw pistols all over the place and then I looked at her one morning and she had balls...:yikes: I freaked of course but it was told to me by several members on 420 that I trust that it was a true hermie... She had been stressed in no way and I have been using the same set up for many rounds so it had to be the genetics... I agree with the other guys and this is simply a male from what I can see but IMO it is possible you are looking at the same thing I did... A true hermie but either way if there are other females near that... get em' out or you're gonna have seeds for days and if that is a genetic thing they are seeds you don't want...:straightface:....:circle-of-love:

Thank you for your responce. I remember back in the 60"st wheb we had nothing but good old mexican dirt weed and we had to sift the seeds out. HAHA man those where the days. So I guess I will just let my sweeties grow. I am very close to harvest. Now all I need is an outlet for all the seed I am going to get. The strain is Durbin Poisin-Durbin Poisin crossed to OG-Kush and Durbin Poisin crossed to Mt. Hood a Oregon growing strain. Thanks again. ZIGZAG

Too funny... it was a Durban Poison that was the true hermie of mine.....:circle-of-love:

Turns out i do have a hermie, she started growing pistils and bud out of ONE bud site only on the whole plant (well there are pistils on the top inner node but they stopped growing). i was a dumb first timer and stressed the shit out of this plant in probably every single way. if it's a stress hermie are the seeds still viable?

Turns out i do have a hermie, she started growing pistils and bud out of ONE bud site only on the whole plant (well there are pistils on the top inner node but they stopped growing). i was a dumb first timer and stressed the shit out of this plant in probably every single way. if it's a stress hermie are the seeds still viable?

If you self-pollenate the hermied plant you will get viable feminized seeds (all plants grown from these seeds will be female). That means you won't have to worry about males but you will have to worry about hermies all the way through grow, even well into flower. You'll be passing on genes that make offspring prone to going hermie. Some may even be more likely to hermie, so stress free grow next time is no guaranty of safety.

So yes you can make viable seeds, Or you can buy quality feminized seeds from any of the seed banks sponsoring this site. To me the cost of new seeds is much less than time and effort spent dealing with risk of more hermies.

If you self-pollenate the hermied plant you will get viable feminized seeds (all plants grown from these seeds will be female). That means you won't have to worry about males but you will have to worry about hermies all the way through grow, even well into flower. You'll be passing on genes that make offspring prone to going hermie. Some may even be more likely to hermie, so stress free grow next time is no guaranty of safety.

So yes you can make viable seeds, Or you can buy quality feminized seeds from any of the seed banks sponsoring this site. To me the cost of new seeds is much less than time and effort spent dealing with risk of more hermies.

I unfortunately don't have any source for seeds anymore and I don't want to risk getting any shipped into my area. Really I just like growing because it's something that's fun to do and I can get some bud out of it! I don't mind separating seeds out my buds although i'd rather not have to. i knew nothing at the beginning of this grow and now i think i'm competent enough to do it right this time around. i'll update pics soon of the bud that's growing and start a new grow thread when it comes full circle! Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom