Male Plant questions?

MysticMars88

well ive had a male plant in my garden for about a month. started showing signs around then. its an indica dominate male. short, fat leaves kinda bushy. looks pretty but has pollen sacs. I also want to keep this male for future cross breeding.

How long can a male plant be around females before pollen hits them???

Should i just treat it as a mother just to keep it alive??

Is it possible to clone the branches that hold the pollen and store them where there aren't females??

the males will open up in around 4-8 days give or take but you do want to get them out ASAP. yes you can clone the male. you can also harvest and store the pollen too

will 2 weeks of a male being around females have much affect as in seed production in later on in the flowering state?

only if the male flowers have opened....if they are opened then the damage is done.
Ive had some plants herme on me and nailed a plant next to it and 10 others were seed free. some other people are not so lucky.

well my male was chillin with pollen sacks not open for about 2 weeks then a few sacks opened up. i kno he pollenated but i killed the male right when i saw open sacks. i am worried that my gdp will turn hermi. just curious on seed production and if i will have a shit load or just a few here and there. not really worried if i do get a few that means more future plants for me.

well my male was chillin with pollen sacks not open for about 2 weeks then a few sacks opened up. i kno he pollenated but i killed the male right when i saw open sacks. i am worried that my gdp will turn hermi. just curious on seed production and if i will have a shit load or just a few here and there. not really worried if i do get a few that means more future plants for me.
there really is no FOR SURE way to tell at this point how much damage is done. it could be really bad... or just a few. i ran into a similar problem a few cycles back. male flower grew out of nowhere. i didnt catch it in time and the damage was done. absolutely amazing how many seeds i had in a few of the buds of nearby plants..... i dont want to disappoint you though... i have had the exact opposite happen too.... found a sac.... WAY TOO LATE... and ended up with one seed in 12 plants :yahoo:

ya just really never know. until ya know.

i kno he pollenated but i killed the male right when i saw open sacks. i am worried that my gdp will turn hermi. .

i might be misunderstanding you.... but i dont know:

pollination and hermaphrodite plants really have nothing to do with each other. in the sense that:

a hermaphrodite is a plant that contains both male and female parts. buds and pollen sacs. it can essentially pollinate itself. a female budding plant that catches a pollen spore and produces seeds is still a female plant... not a hermaphrodite... it still has no male parts.... its just a woman having a baby(seed) :peace:

i might be misunderstanding you.... but i dont know:

pollination and hermaphrodite plants really have nothing to do with each other. in the sense that:

a hermaphrodite is a plant that contains both male and female parts. buds and pollen sacs. it can essentially pollinate itself. a female budding plant that catches a pollen spore and produces seeds is still a female plant... not a hermaphrodite... it still has no male parts.... its just a woman having a baby(seed) :peace:

:welldone: ^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly. A true male pollinating a true female is the way it should be. It does not cause a female to hermi. She's just pregnant and the seeds should serve you well.

Don't confuse the two, a regular knocked up female and a hermi. There is a WORLD of difference.

DD

alrighty. well looks like ill have to wait till i see seeds showing.im on week one flowering this plant outside in california.

Back
Top Bottom