Male vs Female plants

jickler

Can I get bud from both types of plants? Or does it matter only if you want to seed?

tia

your plant will show its sex, id say about a week or so into the 12 12 phase. if its a male you will see a little ball and a female will show a little hair. I have read that you can distinguish this early on by examining the preflowers but i dont know how to do that myself.

THC is created in the buds, which are the ovaries, of the female cannabis plant. The purpose of this chemical is to protect it from insects that would feed upon it and it's seeds. Males contain no THC because they naturally lack these organs.

This old thread provides the info you need, I think. Search the forums for female male and you'll find more info:

Female vs male.

that clears it up.

Hmm...I've smoked dried and yellow bottom leaves off of an outdoor male that was flowering (long story I'll have to relate in a separate post), pulled and rolled in the field and, smoked as we sat there - got nicely stoned. I've smoked tiny little bottom leaves off a very immature little indoor plant of unknown gender, got high - it was sweet and piney tasting. I've smoked a little outdoor plant that my mom found in our backyard decades ago - I transplanted it to another location where the owner of that property dumped debris on it. I harvested her (or him?) (probably a month or less old) got a joint of green leaf which got me and a friend very high (some Oaxacan genetics). I've smoked little pieces of stems, gotten a buzz. This was all over 15 years ago. :peace:

Oh Man, Roo! No THC???!!!???
Not sure I would go that far.

Seems to me both sexes would have this protection.

Less than females
but I wouldn't say None.

And what of all the other cannabinoids???

Let me clarify then. Males plants do not contain any reasonable level of THC that is able to be harvested for consumption.

Back
Top Bottom