Males in veg?

Kriaze

Hello, I recently managed to get hold of 16 clones from a friend of a friend but after a month or so of veg it looks like some of them are turning male, they're still in veg and although needing to be transplanted into larger pots which I am currently unable to do due to lack of room (waiting for the flowering plants to finish first which will be at least another week). I have no idea why plants would do this without being male to begin with as I thought plants could only hermy when in flower, but my friend assures me that they were from female plants and actually smoked the end product, he knows good bud so he wasn't smoking trim lol.

Here's a look at the tent overall:

IMG_014057.JPG

A close up of the plants that are looking like males:

IMG_014354.JPG
IMG_014456.JPG

IMG_014157.JPG

So, has anyone any ideas please? All thoughts and input are appreciated. Thanks in advance and may your buds be forever bountiful :thumb:

well i sure don't think there is any doubt about the fact those are male flowers,, a messa pre flowers if that's all they are

they look ready to bust too

whether they should be doing that or not is perhaps debatable,, whether they are doing that or not is very obvious,, i have no idea why friend, very odd perhaps,, my experience is too limited,, weaseley might know,, he has seen a lot,, not that he is ancient or anything,, tho i do not know that either actually

oh boy,,

i have read quite a few stories of folks bringing problems into their life by bringing home presents from friends,, some good ones too tho to be fair,, lots a good ones indeed,,

karma sent friend

Hey Nivek thanks for joining in with your thoughts, and what thoughts they are thinking of all sides of the circle in ever direction. I have no idea why they would do this myself, but yeah they definitely look like they are doing it. All the best :thumb:

Take those Males outta of there beforw they open up and screw the whole crop... no pun intended.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Take those Males outta of there beforw they open up and screw the whole crop... no pun intended.

yes, i might have mentioned similar,, but his plants are in veg,, no female flowers to pollinate,, yet, my presumption

yes, i might have mentioned similar,, but his plants are in veg,, no female flowers to pollinate,, yet, my presumption
Yeah but remove them anyways he can always keep them in a separate area if he wants to seed down the road.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

After you remove them to a secluded area (or chop them up for cannabudder or other derivatives), mist down your other plants in veg to deactivate any stray pollen. Water causes pollen to sprout, and they die within 24 hours. Otherwise, pollen can hang around for years if kept dry.

I know from experience. I lost 3/4 of my crop to pollen pollution. You don't know they have been pollinated until too late.

Extremely rare, very natural.. this apparently happened to rockster (Kaliman seeds) with his cheese clones...

Thanks everyone, I haven't got time for much of reply to each and every one of you at the moment as I've only just managed to pop on in between things. I appreciate all the input and thank you for your advice, no worries about pollination in there as of yet but I'll reply fully shortly. Thanks again :thumb:

No experience with any such extreme sex reversals Mr HH. And no I'm not particularly ancient. But if those flowers are even in the same house as the girls then there's a chance of hanky panky, as I'm sure you know. Love will find a way. Even, or possibly especially, the perverted sort that you have going on.
With your plants I mean.
I mean- between your plants.
Probably between you and your plants too

I'm not sure if they could have that sex reversal by stress whilst in veg, it's the first time I've come across it if it's possible. All I can think about is they either can stress by getting root bound (no idea if this is true) or because of the natural worm compost and castings that I gave them from my worm farm, but that has to be highly unlikely, they all looked really healthy after that treatment, like healthy that I usually never achieve. I'm hoping that it is a problem caused by genetics/environment (perfect I reckon, around a constant 77/77.5 lights on with the lowest being 71.5 lights out) rather than me being stung for what I paid for these. Damn that would be a pain, I prefer nature fucking me over to humans all day long. My mate has smoked the result of these flipped though and that's why I'm really wondering if it's possible for this to happen and whether it's down to my growing techniques (shoddy) :thumb:

Also I'm not too worried about pollen making it into the flowering tent, they have the maximum of a week or so to go. I appreciate that sharing of knowledge regarding the pollen sprouting when wet AKGramma, excellent news to hear. I was more worried about my plants getting caught by the pollen that I made on my last grow but I did clean everything down and no signs of seeds at all on the flowering ladies. I suppose I should be happy that I got 'blessed' with some more males for the gene pool lol. Really though, I'm stumped.

No experience with any such extreme sex reversals Mr HH. And no I'm not particularly ancient. But if those flowers are even in the same house as the girls then there's a chance of hanky panky, as I'm sure you know. Love will find a way. Even, or possibly especially, the perverted sort that you have going on.
With your plants I mean.
I mean- between your plants.
Probably between you and your plants too

Those pics were meant to be a secret pal...lol

A can't see any way to deny that genetics are a huge part of this. You're not that bad of a grower, and regardless of your skills, we have all on this forum tortured the crap out of many millions of plants in every conceivable way- to the point of slow and agonizing death. I've still never seen anything remotely close to this happen.

That's a little beyond my botanical knowledge and I don't know what the circumstances are with the people who you bought them from - I guess it's conceivable that they grew them and never saw any hermie traits - but if they're regular hermie plants you should see at least a couple pistils somewhere. Beyond that, my experience with stress induced hermies is- nanners during flowering.
I'm just not an expert. I guess you could just be victim to that one in a billion rare occurrence. But there's no way in hell anyone can say that this is stable genetics.
Can you take them back where they came from? Wave them around in front of his girls until you get your money back?

lmfao, I like the idea of sitting outside his house with a car full of males but probably not. It's all too illegal for threats and violence over here but I suppose I was hoping that it was something that I had done rather than blame someone that I dealt with. I sent that fella 16 seeds too with an agreement that I get 10-16 clones depending on how well they take. No skin off my nose with the seeds but a shitty experience if I've been ripped. Saw them tonight and thought 'wtf', one of those moments.

Back
Top Bottom