Man Beaten, Robbed - And Then Arrested For Pot

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Yesterday, 34-year-old Dana Alan Carvello was sitting on his porch in Boca Raton, perhaps smoking a doob, when he was allegedly accosted by several men. They beat him about the head and dragged him into his home, where, according to the Palm Beach Post, the men "tied him up," stashed his girlfriend and 4-year-old daughter in a bedroom, and proceeded to ransack the place. Carvello executed a daring escape to a neighbor's house and called the police. By the time the fuzz arrived, Carvello's assailants were gone. The police made an arrest anyway.

They arrested Carvello. For growing pot plants in his garage.

Though he apparently told the police his plants were "for personal use," he has now been charged with marijuana cultivation and child neglect. The first is understandable, the second, who knows. Smells wrong, though, doesn't it? Even if only when police are called to investigate a violent crime, it'd be nice if they could refrain from arresting people for victimless ones.

NewsHawk: Jim Behr: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: browardpalmbeach.com
Author: Brandon K. Thorp
Copyright: 2011 New Times BPB, LLC

I can remember this kind of thing happening back in the day and the guy would have had more problems than just the bust back then.A person making a living from drugs of any kind would have been considered a rat for calling the cops at all.I know it seems a tad harsh in the present day but that's the way it was,us against them and the police were definitely them.I wouldn't want to be the person who did that here to this day.:peacetwo:

Yeah brue... I remember the same days!

I can remember this kind of thing happening back in the day and the guy would have had more problems than just the bust back then.A person making a living from drugs of any kind would have been considered a rat for calling the cops at all.I know it seems a tad harsh in the present day but that's the way it was,us against them and the police were definitely them.I wouldn't want to be the person who did that here to this day.:peacetwo:

You just want to start shite or... did you really not read before speaking... try again!

So you're calling the guy who got his girlfriend and child tied up AND he got beat up and you're calling him a rat?

Its just show how much the drugs laws in slave the culture of people who want the liberty to use them Help spark up liberty flame and vote for a better way

i was robbed before and called the police, had to call them back 3 times and 8 days later 2 detectives showed up more mad at me because i called 3 times in this week. They took a little info, i had a foot print i was saving and they didnt care. Didnt do anyting but threaten to bust me because they seen a small pipe...

It is really sad how the police get all puffed up and in a hurry to bust a pot smoker but dont give a damn over a felony B&E...

Back
Top Bottom