Man Convicted In Pot Dispensary Robbery Avoids Prison

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
One of five men arrested in connection with the robbery of a Boulder medical marijuana dispensary last spring was sentenced Friday to five years community corrections.

Prosecutors asked that Justin St. John, 30, receive a four-year prison sentence, but Boulder District Judge Gwyneth Whalen gave him the lesser sentence.

St. John pleaded guilty to one felony charge each of robbery and forgery earlier this year as part of a plea deal.

Police said St. John scoped out the New Options Wellness Center on June 16 while two of his co-defendants, Walter Carter and Lamare McGee, went in and robbed the dispensary of 30 pint-sized jars of marijuana, packaged marijuana from a safe, $1,500 in cash from a register and surveillance equipment.

St. John waited outside in a getaway car while the robbery was happening, police said.

David Henderson, who was in the car with St. John, was convicted by a jury last month and awaits sentencing.

An arraignment for the fifth man police say was involved in the robbery -- Kevin Scott Beauford -- was postponed Friday.

YouTube - Suspects in custody in robbery of Boulder medical marijuana center

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: dailycamera.com
Author: John Aguilar
Copyright: 2010 Media News group
Website: Man convicted in pot dispensary robbery avoids prison - Boulder Daily Camera

• Thanks to MedicalNeed for submitting this article

Am i the only one who see's this as an ok to rob people of their medicines? If you are caught driving the getaway car during a murder you're just as guilty as the guy who pulled the trigger..nuff said....:roorrip:

Am i the only one who see's this as an ok to rob people of their medicines? If you are caught driving the getaway car during a murder you're just as guilty as the guy who pulled the trigger..nuff said....:roorrip:

God Damn you took the words right out of my mouth personally I wonder what he would have got if he had helped rob a convienience store I am betting 5-10.

Back
Top Bottom