Mangosnapper's - DWC - Arjan's Haze #1 Grow Journal 2013

mangosnapper

What strain is it? greenhouse seeds- Arjan's Haze #1 ~ feminized
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? G13 x Haze. [ sativa dominant ]
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? 5 gallon DWC w/ grow rocks & air pump
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light? [ veg ] 4 - 100 watt cfl's ~ [flower ] 1 - 400 watt HPS
Is it air cooled? yes
Temp of Room/cab? 77 degrees average daytime ~ 75 degrees average nighttime
RH of Room/cab? 35 % - 55% humidity
PH of media or res? 5.5 PH
Any Pests ? no
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used? 3-part organic base, w/ kelp,sensizym , bloom boosters and B -vitamins
beginning with half strengths and progressing up with growth of plant. Mature plant will receive around 1500 PPM - 1800 PPM strength.

September 11, 2013
1. placed seed in wet paper towels to germinate
2. sanitize grow room
3. prepared [ sanitize ] grow bucket
4. prepared rock-wool cube for PH and grow ready status.

~ Green House seeds, Arjan's Haze #1 is an award winning strain. ~
2004 High Times cannabis Cup
~ 21.44 % THC ~
~ 0.4 % CBD ~
~ 0.64% CBN ~

~ 11 weeks flowering schedule is recommended ~ This being a Haze plant, I find that the flowering cycle usually runs about 14 weeks here in the high altitude desert of southern Nevada. The plants usually drink in a gallon a day of liquid in full flowering cycle. ~ I will show pictures and add content as necessary during grow.
I really use the K-I-S-S [ keep it simple stupid method ] ...I let the plant and mother nature dictate my actions.

~~ welcome, and come along for the ride. And hopefully this will document some kick ass Haze in the end ~~

:woohoo::welcome::Namaste:

~ For the seed germination I prepare...
some container of bottled water
a few drops of B-1
a few drops of Sensizym
I soak the seed in this solution just until seed cracks
then I place in treated rockwool cube 1/4 deep with pointed end facing up
then I place under humidor dome and CFL light to get the seedling started
after good root structure is established , I transfer to net pot in DWC bucket. Using only PH'd water with B-1 until roots reach the fluid.
and at this point I make sure I don't let the hydro mixture touch the bottom of the net pot. To prevent disease or any pathogens etc.

:thumb:

subscribed. can you post some photographs of your Deep Water Culture system?

Yes.. I will post pictures of everything this grow journal. I am running a 5 gallon bucket w/ 10" net pot, glass grow rocks, small air pump and air stone.

I will try to follow the greenhouse seeds grow feeding / schedule as much as possible. And have good patience, being a Haze dominant plant. :welcome:

* SAD TO SAY...THE PLANT DIED. IT JUST NEVER TOOK OFF. *

...however I am in the process of germinating some " Hawaiian Snow " = { Hawaiian X Laos } --- more to come, sorry for the inconvenience. :rip:

disappointing outcome. will you start a new journal for your Hawaiian Snow or will you keep this journal going?

~ I think I'll keep this journal going, with the " Hawaiian Snow " I am proud to say the H. Snow germinated and popped up out of the soil and looks real good so far. Here are some pics of the very first day of growth for my little girl ~

Hawaiian_Snow_005.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_004.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_003.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_002.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_001.jpg

~ Today is the " Little Hawaiian's " birthday!!!! ...yay!! she turned one(1) week old today. And she is doing very well. Since she is still a seedling, I have just given her water. But today I gave her a 1/4 strength mix of water and B-1 vitamins. ~

Hawaiian_Snow_022.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_021.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_020.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_019.jpg

~ Hawaiian Snow ~ 12 days old today ~
I am running the lights 18-6 ( seedling, veg cycle )
when I first turn on the lights, I use four (4) 100W CFL's and I run these all day. After about an hour I turn my 400W HPS light as well for the added intensity. I keep the CFL's on to keep enough blue light going for the plant. And at the 17th hour I turn off the HPS only to condition the plant for dark period, and to slowly bring down the temps in the room as well. I mainly do this in flowering to protect the buds from mold during " Dew Drop "
-- For this stage I just use PH'd water with 2ml per gallon of water (Voodoo juice and B vitamins and Sensizym) at the next scheduled water/feeding...I will hit her with Base Nutes and the above mentioned additives.

~~~ LOVE...the health, and the vibrant color of this little girl. Very happy so far ~~~~

Hawaiian_Snow_037.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_042.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_041.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_036.jpg

Subbed. Glad you have a happy, healthy plant this go round :welldone:

PS - I love your statues ;)

" Thank you very much Dresney. Glad ti have you aboard. I am going to make this a special grow. This plant is going to be a monster."

... :thumb:

~ well the plant is 17 day's old today... and looking good. ~
18 hours of light...6 hours of darkness
temp's -- 77 degrees daytime - 73 degrees night
humidity -- 40% RH daytime - 27% RH nighttime
feeding schedule consist of 1/4 strength base nutes ( G-M-B ) organic
Voodoo Juice root enhancer
B-Vitamins
sensizym
black strap molasses
--Always ...PH nutes and water set to 6.5 -- [ and tested run off of nutes through soil ] --

Hawaiian_Snow_070.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_071.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_072.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_073.jpg

your plant is looking good!

~ thank you John... I really love this time of year. I can control my grow room environment with laboratory precision almost. Just seeing the textures and colors and growth of a healthy plant, makes my heart feel so good. I have to say, I never thought that growing Marijuana would be so magical to the spirit and soul... The only down side I could ever think of is...just getting a few grows under your belt, to fully reach your potential as a grower. ~~ It seems like now I do so much less and have so much more success. ~~

~ just a quick note... I have switched to 6200K CFL bulbs for my Veg cycle. The color blue is just amazing. The plant seems to thrive in it just fine. I didn't really have a concern with this before, but the proof is in the pudding. And the money I save is in my pocket.
here's a few of pictures of my baby. Just 20 days ago she was still in her seed. " Lovin' It !!! " :morenutes:

Hawaiian_Snow_078.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_077.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_075.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_076.jpg

hey mangosnapper im here for the long haul. your grow looks pretty good so far. little lady is looking healthy!

Keep us posted and keep it green!!!:Namaste:

also is this your first grow ever!!!!

also is this your first grow ever!!!!

~ nice to have you aboard for the grow... No, this isn't my first time around the garden. However, I just maintain micro grows for personal
medication purposes... :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom