Mangosnapper's - DWC - Arjan's Haze #1 Grow Journal 2013

~ a few more pics to get a perspective of growth... 20 days from seed... I love her!!! ~

Hawaiian_Snow_083.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_081.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_080.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_079.jpg

~ the little hawaiian is 23 days old today... I was just looking at how thick the stem is getting and the nodes and shoots from them are looking good. I let the plant dry out just a little bit more than normal, mainly the soil. I didn't wait for the plant to show too much signs of thirst.
After the dry phase I watered with a solution of 1.7 EC ( 1200 PPM's ) of base nutes, and added voodoo juice, sensizym,B-1,molasses
and PH'd to 6.0 ... tested my run off @ 6.0 PH
height of plant is right about 12 inches
-- one more month to go...then into flowering.

Hawaiian_Snow_090.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_089.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_086.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_087.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_088.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_085.jpg

- better late than never...welcome aboard " wounded vet " thank you for taking the time to stop by and give us a look.

~ My goal with this plant is to grow a champion plant...I want to ensure that the buds from this plant are huge, hard and very potent.~
the genetics for this strain call for 23% THC ( monster ) if grown optimum. I am taking it further by maxing out the root zone more for huge explosive root growth @ 24 days my plants main meristem ( stalk ) is almost as big as my regular full season growth size. ~ :Namaste:

:passitleft: Just a quick note : whenever or wherever, I go somewhere and my friends smoke some top notch buds they procured from somewhere of their choice... we smoke it and from the first hit to the last. We are coughing after every hit from the expansion or harshness
or for whatever reason, and the taste has that plastic un-natural chemical flavor or just what I call " commercial Hydro " and it is terrible.
That being said...I smoke some of my green goodies with them, and they hit it and it's so smooth and no hacking up a lung and just the subtle after taste of perfect flavors and undertones of textures of taste and smells... with an ass kicking high!!!
~ And all buds should be this way...Good clean and cured marijuana for your smoking pleasure...every time all the time. ~

...sorry for the rant :amen:

~ day 26 from seed... and this plants stem is really getting thick and strong. The plant is growing incredibly well and happy. I let the soil go fairly dry then fed her with 1.8 EC and in a couple of day's I fed her with 1.5 EC while the soil was still moist to mix it up a little. ~

here's some 26 day old pic's...just look at the stem ... amazing, I love it!!!

Hawaiian_Snow_102.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_100.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_091.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_098.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_094.jpg

Wow, what a monster! I can't believe the growth for 26 days :trance:

I really want to grow a pure sativa someday. Your plant may be the push I need to get started.

With another ~month of vegging, how tall do you think she'll be by then?! Clear up to the rafters? :laughtwo:

:goodjob:

- when I first started to grow Sativas, I was surprised by there spindly appearance. But they fill out just nicely. My Hawaiian after 26 days of growth is 17 inches tall. Once the flowering starts it will easily double in it's height and width. There are little tricks here and there to regulate the height and stretch aspect of the plant. I am not going to let this one go to much further before flowering. With Sativas... I believe that plant health and nutrition is the key, because there isn't the size of window for mistakes like there is in growing Indicas, and Kush plants will feed like there is no tomorrow. But the extra work is well worth it when your Sativa is floating around
23% THC .... - :morenutes:

everything thing is looking great man but I do have to agree about the little tricks to keep the height down. You can always top them, lst, supercrop

I supercrop my plants once they tell me which direction they're going to be heading. That way I don't have 4 here and , with utilizing all the light in the proper proportions. I use to top the plants, but with Sativas if I can eliminate a stress here and there I absolutely do.
But if the issue was more buds and the importance of that... I would just plant another plant.I always wait for the pre-flowers to show up before I go to 12/12 flower phase.--- and today , I switched to the flower formula for fert's. maybe in a couple of days i'll switch the light schedule. But first a couple of days in total darkness to start the wonderful world of buds ...:Namaste:

:party: ~ Happy Birthday to you happy birthday to you...Happy birthday my sweet Hawaiian goddess " Pearl " :party:

Today is exactly one month since the seed cracked and stared it's life journey. The plant is 26 inches tall and shoots of pre flowers are everywhere. I have switched to the flower ferts formula of 4:1 ratio of elemental potassium to elemental phosphorus for the bloom boost.
And I have installed a tomato cage around the plant to spread out the limbs and to give support when the plant stretches and heavy colas start to grow. Also, for the next two weeks I will discontinue adding " voodoo juice " to the feed schedule. And after that maybe one or two weeks of it again, but no more.
The color and firmness of the leaves and thickness of the stalk are better than can be expected at this stage.
my main nutes are going to be :
GMB ( organics) and liquid blue 2-4-0 bloom booster and Vita Blue B-1 formula, molasses , and a good pinch of magnesium.

Happy Birthday Sweetheart... grow big healthy buds for daddy... :happy-birthday: :party:

Hawaiian_Snow_116.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_115.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_112.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_111.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_108.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_100.jpg

:happy-birthday: She's looking dynamite! I can't wait to see what she looks all filled out :bravo:

Also, I think that hole in my leaf might have been from a burning water droplet. I can't be sure, but I haven't seen any bugs or noticed anything else off. I'm still keeping an eye on everything pretty closely though.

:happy-birthday: She's looking dynamite! I can't wait to see what she looks all filled out :bravo:

Also, I think that hole in my leaf might have been from a burning water droplet. I can't be sure, but I haven't seen any bugs or noticed anything else off. I'm still keeping an eye on everything pretty closely though.

~ thanks Dres, I seen that hole in your leaf. It definitely didn't look like PH fluctuation. Sometimes when my plants are on seedling or early veg. If I spill or splash so fert's on the leaves , I come back and it's just ate up, so maybe ur droplet passed through too.
...keep up the good work, I am looking forward to seeing them bloom to the moon -- happy Saturday :smokin:

well the plant did a stretch on me that I really didn't care for in the middle of the plant. So I topped the plant and also super cropped and LST as well to design a lower canopy zone. Then a open space and then another canopy of buds. I hope my theory works out for this.
I am hoping to create a two headed monster. Also with the tomato cage on it I can manipulate the positions, I will have the 400W HPS light overhead and CFL's on the bottom. I postponed the flower phase so I can recover and shape the plant.

Hawaiian_Snow_118.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_119.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_120.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_122.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_123.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_124.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_125.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_126.jpg

Well, after using advanced nutrients " voodoo juice "... I have to say, that V- Juice works as advertised and then some. The size of the plants stem and growth have been so much better than my normal plants size. The only problem I can see with using it is...Sativas are tall lanky plants that usually stay spindly right up until flowering and then fill out nice for a beautiful plant. But with the voodoo juice it grows much faster and thicker, but it started to stretch on me in the middle of the plant and I had to take full control by topping the plant to stop vertical growth. Then I super-cropped the main branches to train them to go where I wanted them and then I low stress trained the lower thicker branches to control future budding sites. And tonight I LST'd the main stem turning it upside down to basically form two canopy's if you will to fill in as much space around the main stem stretch area. So in essence I am just wrangling the plant back in. Once this happens and I see where it's going I'll have an idea of more training if need be. But as a personal preference I don't care for all the topping and such... but here is some pictures of my little surgeries. :Namaste:

Hawaiian_Snow_133.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_128.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_135.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_136.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_134.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_131.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_130.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_132.jpg

in the pictures you can start to see the bud sites forming and the locations for them will work out great for the plant with cage placement
to tie up stems , buds and just basic support for the health of the plant. Once the bud sites start to maturate some more I will defoliate the plant for the last time. So I maximize all needed light to the inner canopy and eliminate the chance of mold and such. Everything is somewhat going to plan, and I just really want to get the flowering up and running with a good charge. IMO...I believe that is where a good crop can become a great one if you work the change over from Veg to Flower with the minimum amount of stress as possible.
The Colitas will thank you for it. And it seems they just grow in tighter formation and thickness...I hate air-y buds.

well I had to remove the tomato cage. it was only going to be useful if I had the height and lighting capacity to work it properly.
and with the distance it left me from the light ( HPS ) it was probably going to leave me with 2 or 3 feet of distance from bottom of plant.
So I took out the cage and LST'd the inner top branches, and re-tied some others to give me the maximum light exposure I could get.

Hawaiian_Snow_156.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_154.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_153.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_152.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_150.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_149.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_136.jpg
Hawaiian_Snow_135.jpg

you should remove the dead leaves from your plant.

I trimmed a few of the leaves this morning to open up the growth canopy. And to assist in the training of branches for more even spacing during flowering, however there was only two maybe three leaves that had a slight nutrient discolor. Is this what you mean John?

Back
Top Bottom