Manic4Organic's Indoor Perpetual - LED Soil Garden

Manic4organic

Hey what's up guys, been a while!
Things have been busy, got my first house, study and work just swallowed up time and I couldn't give the forum the attention it deserved or warranted, but I'm back now hope everyone is well!

Anyways on to the latest development, I have just completed converting a built in wardrobe to house my plants.
420-magazine-mobile2096287417.jpg

VEG and flower sections!!! :D
Hidden out of sight. My only screw up is the reflective sheeting, got the equivalent of 1 ply toilet roll was near impossible to stretch tight without ripping, but it's something and this will be fixed after this next run of girls.

From the photo above you can see a Critical Jack Herer that's close to finishing, just starting to form the first few Amber's.
As for the next batch of girls I have gone for
3 x rollex og kush
1 x shoreline
From devil's harvest

One thing I'm excited to be able to do with this extra space is really experiment with strains and consumption methods to treat my back pain, you just can't do this in a country where it's not yet legal, simply for the fact that lots of people by me slap any name on bud to get it sold so I have no idea what I'm buying usually.

Made the switch to soil from coco too, I just don't think I was reaping the rewards of the organic bio bizz nutes in the coco so have used bio bizz light mix this time. No extra perlite added will see what this first experience is like.

12L smart pots primed with

- one large scoop of Mycorrhizal per pot
- one scoop bat guano powder
Watered in with water plus biogrow at 1ml per L hopefully this should get things started.

What else can people recommend?
Open to any suggestions as I'm new to this organic soil.
Will definitely be employing compost teas when things are rolling.

Seeds were placed in starter plugs, under which a small amount of Mycorrhizal again and then into smart pots.
Have always started things like this (in final pot) never had any issues like this so I'll stick with it.

Sat I'm closet now Im darkness, 20 degrees c, and 60% rh

Will provide updates when things are rolling.

Will try to catch up on all that I've fallen behind on, look forward to seeing what you guys n gals have been up to!

Happy growing all! Good to be back

Got home on 28/11/17 to find this :D
420-magazine-mobile416103143.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1767115032.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1974331396.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1269865856.jpg

All in one day haha
The first 3 are the rollex Og kush and the last pic the shoreline.

Note the missing cotyledon on one of the rollex Og? Weird, but next lot of leaves seem to be coming through okay.
Happy to see seedlings. Will post next update in a couple of days.

So here's an update
Pics taken 3/12/17
420-magazine-mobile1604863182.jpg

420-magazine-mobile797532185.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1671524188.jpg

These first three are rollex og kush
First two are doing great, Third one had a rough start as was missing a cotyledon but she's getting into here stride now

420-magazine-mobile1187061230.jpg

Last one is the shoreline. I've read this plant can push out some crazy colours but it's second set of leaves are showing redy/purple already, hoping this is some great genetics and not an issue with the plant. Will post updates when the leaves have grown a little more.

Next water I will include a 1ml per L feed of biogrow, hoping this won't be premature in the light mix soil, anyone have much experience?

But as for the change to soil I'm really liking it so far, less work in terms of watering less often, less money spent on nutes and hopefully I'll end up with some top shelf organic produce but we shall see.
I read alot about how organics boost terpene and oil production which should prove favourable when processing into rosin.

Another update
Day 21 of veg, seriously impressed with the growth rate in the soil, matches or exceeds my runs in coco but that could just be the strains.

No massive issues, had a small calmag issue since the last pot but brewed up some organic calmag and it sorted em right out.

Pics
Rollex og
420-magazine-mobile767211189.jpg

420-magazine-mobile283073309.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1138796961.jpg

Runt finally got some legs haha, she's well behind but she's trying! I think it's just genetics as everytime I open the closet she's praying when the lights are on.
All plants have been fimmed multiple times and the side branching coming up from these rollexs is impressing me, they will be getting put into a scrog at the weekend. Vegged for another week and then flipped.
May take a clone of the largest plant as I plan to start the next lot of plants vegging when I flip these plants

Shoreline
420-magazine-mobile332113813.jpg

Very intrigued by this plant, doesn't seem to respond to the fimming quite aswell as the rollex have but formed a nice Bush none the less.
I have read this is a very colourful strain and even in veg you can see hints of purple in it, may have ended up with a super nice pheno so again may clone this plant

As for feeds atm plants get 2L each twice a week at the moment.
Feed one water, no feed the next

Feed mix Per L
2ml biogrow
2ml voodoo juice
2ml seaweed extract
2ml cal mag

Water mix per L
2ml calmag
2ml seaweed
2ml voodoo juice

Day temp 26 celsius
Night 18 celsius
Humidity around 55%

Definitely recommend seaweed extract, ever since I introduced it about a week a half ago, stems seem noticeably stinger, leaves are thicker and leathery, the plants are defo thanking me for that one.

Pleased with progress so far!

The train keeps rolling and it's rolling well!

Approaching 4 full weeks of veg. Plants have been put under scrog now, so many branches on the two strong rollex og they're defo going to stretch well into the screen I believe.

Plants get Watered every other day alternating between feeds and no feeds

No feed still has
2ml seaweed extract
2ml calmag
2ml voodoo juice

And on feed days they also get 2ml biogrow
All feeds per litre

I did have lots of photos but can't seem to upload atm will try again later
All 3 rollex og kush seen to be different phenos
I have an indica dom, short with very short internode and good branching after topping
The other strong plant is defo more sativa, much longer nodes and less leaf coverage and significantly smaller leaves, I think this will get some serious legs when it starts to stretch
And then there's runt, can't work this one out, plant look perfectly healthy, nice structure, she's just tiny hahaha. She might show us a different side in flower we shall see.

The shoreline plant does everything it can to resist lst haha, even with my efforts the side branches seem intent in growing almost vertical against the main stem. She has a good amount of branches so I think we will still be okay once these plants start to flower.

I will post my full feed schedule which I plan to tweak and amend over these next few soil grows.
A friend starting working for a new company which a distributors for mammoth p, seems be getting a lot of hype at the moment.
Benificial bacteria which maximise phosphorus levels in root zone, yield increases of 16% apparently as well as stronger plants. This is already something to add to the next run.

Will try get the pics up when I can folks but a merry Xmas to you all, have a smoke on me!

I just got 3 of them shoreline seeds. Keeping my eye on this . Merry Christmas and a green new year

Hey what's up guys, been a while!
Things have been busy, got my first house, study and work just swallowed up time and I couldn't give the forum the attention it deserved or warranted, but I'm back now hope everyone is well!

Anyways on to the latest development, I have just completed converting a built in wardrobe to house my plants.
420-magazine-mobile2096287417.jpg

VEG and flower sections!!! :D
Hidden out of sight. My only screw up is the reflective sheeting, got the equivalent of 1 ply toilet roll was near impossible to stretch tight without ripping, but it's something and this will be fixed after this next run of girls.

From the photo above you can see a Critical Jack Herer that's close to finishing, just starting to form the first few Amber's.
As for the next batch of girls I have gone for
3 x rollex og kush
1 x shoreline
From devil's harvest

One thing I'm excited to be able to do with this extra space is really experiment with strains and consumption methods to treat my back pain, you just can't do this in a country where it's not yet legal, simply for the fact that lots of people by me slap any name on bud to get it sold so I have no idea what I'm buying usually.

Made the switch to soil from coco too, I just don't think I was reaping the rewards of the organic bio bizz nutes in the coco so have used bio bizz light mix this time. No extra perlite added will see what this first experience is like.

12L smart pots primed with

- one large scoop of Mycorrhizal per pot
- one scoop bat guano powder
Watered in with water plus biogrow at 1ml per L hopefully this should get things started.

What else can people recommend?
Open to any suggestions as I'm new to this organic soil.
Will definitely be employing compost teas when things are rolling.

Seeds were placed in starter plugs, under which a small amount of Mycorrhizal again and then into smart pots.
Have always started things like this (in final pot) never had any issues like this so I'll stick with it.

Sat I'm closet now Im darkness, 20 degrees c, and 60% rh

Will provide updates when things are rolling.

Will try to catch up on all that I've fallen behind on, look forward to seeing what you guys n gals have been up to!

Happy growing all! Good to be back
I am also using the biobizz range. With the light mix. But I added half of Coco. That's how she came

I just got 3 of them shoreline seeds. Keeping my eye on this . Merry Christmas and a green new year
And yourself! I will come check yours out for sure! Interested to see the variation you get as the pheno variation across my 3 rollex og from Devils harvest is pretty dramatic.

So got some update pics if I can upload them off the plants just after lights off today. In this period I also changed light timer to 12/12. It's flower time baby :) :)
I have been slowly changing lights from 18/6 to 12/12 one hour at a day (although I knocked two hours off today as don't think I will be around tomorrow to do it). I usually just straight swap to 12/12 interested to see how this technique compares to transition time.
I've usually found on the strains I've grown after a straight swap it was 10-14 till flowers showed so well see.

Pics should also include my flower feed shed, the two larger rollex og are loving the nutes but the smaller plants showed a slight bit of burn but they got a little more water and look better now.
Will be feeding every third water, watering every two days at the moment at 2L each but this will no doubt go up on flower.
What do people recommend in soil, water more everyother day or water everyday if the plants are drinking it? Used to coco and watering daily

can't seem to upload pics from the app anymore but will get on the computer and get some pics on here cus we all know that's what like

update time agian, been having some technoligcal struggles with pc haha wanted to get pics and such up much soon.
Plants have been on 12/12 for 9 days now and all three rollex og have shown first hairs no, nothing on the shorline yet, time will tell.
everythings going great tho im super impressed with soil!
Feed sched is attached so you can see what im using. counting this is week 1 now as im seeing hairs, plants got watered yesterday and there next water is with feed ( i feed every third water) but still give seaweed, calmag and voodoo juice if sched calls for it on 'water' days.
temps and humidity stable, night temps differ about 8 degrees c from day temps so this something i could look at controlling a little better. trying to do things the same as i did in coco to get a good comparison of my methods across the two mediums.
look forward to developing my feed sched over the next few grows, will be setting up a composter soon and implementing compost teas eventually. MUCH TO LEARN!
DSC_14004.JPG
DSC_14017.JPG
DSC_14027.JPG
DSC_14033.JPG
DSC_1404_1_.JPG

so first three photos are the rollex og, so much variation across these plants. you can see front left (first photo) is defo indica dom but back left is (2nd photo) is sativa dom it looks like, and the third plant is somewhere inbetween. ive called this one runt as shes just been slow, not showing any problems, just slow but shes picking up now.

4th photo is the shoreline, still waiting for pistils on this one but shes stretching nicely into scrog. this is meant to be a very colourful strain in flower so if it starts to show i will be very excited.

last pic is my feed sched for you to scrutinize haha.
have just got a new cfl unit for veg section and have put 2 x acapulco gold and 2 x cannalope kush into water with seaweed to soak. will plant up tongiht they will have had 12 hours in water. going more sativa side this time so should give my training skills a test.

hope your all well and happy growing!

Correction
Voodoo juice only on feed days
Also thinking plants vegged under the cfl won't be needing the cal mag that the plants vegged under the led did, will see

Soooo lots has happened n the garden, I've just been busy/ill hence lack of updates

Day 17 in the flower room
Feeds per L
2ml grow
3ml bloom
1ml calmag
2ml seaweed
1ml old timer pk

Temps stable 20-26 celsius
Humidity 50-60%

Day 17 from first pistils showing, stretch has finished and girls are working on buds now, really pleased with the progress and growth rate in soil.

DSC_14371.JPG
DSC_14383.JPG
DSC_14391.JPG
DSC_14404.JPG

First threw are rollex og kush, mad variation between them, runt certainly put some work in during the stretch to catch the others up, interested to see how buds compare

Last is shoreline

Not much to comment, no problems with the plants they're plodding along happily, I'm loving soil!

Got a few pics of veg room aswell, seedlings are about a week old
2x acapulco gold
2x cannalope kush
DSC_14412.JPG
DSC_14422.JPG

I will talk in a little more detail about the plants when I am a little less busy. Back to work haha

Been a while, im still here though.
Day 37 in the flower room.
all going well, plants are filling out nicely. one of the rollex's has a phosphorus deficiency so going to feed tomorrow, all other plants will just get plain water.
Last feed was 2L water with:
2ml biogrow
6ml biobloom
2ml oldtimer pk
2ml calmag
4ml organic swtnr
4ml seaweed
watering every 2-3 days, feed on every third water.

Rollex 1
DSC_14852.JPG

the indica dom, this is the plant with deficiency, nothing that cant be fixed, i hope....haha

Rollex 2
DSC_14863.JPG

this really is the rollex haha, looks amazing already, dense popcorn nugs all over, no massive colas, was much more difficult to train this plant, the stretch was maybe 2.5-3x, long internodes, dont think yield will be anything special but the skunky sweet smell coming off is and the grease on your hands after you touch the plants. excited!

Rollex 3
DSC_14882.JPG

this will be the yielder, the only plant with serious colas, really filling out now, doesnt smell all to much special just a milder version of rollex 2

Shoreline
DSC_14893.JPG
DSC_14901.JPG

this one looks and smells amazing too, i read alot of how this strain was better than the rollex, some true purples coming through on this one, this plant did not like to be trained mind, it got there in the end but resisted the efforts all it could, limbs were intent on going vertical, would describe as a strong plant haha, not noticed it being particularly vigourous.

both strains are 55-65 days so around halfway mark

veg section going well.
2 acapulco gold, 1 cannalope kush in there now as the other cannalope kush did nothing haha, the other plants were working on 3rd node will this was still on cotelydons, pulled it after a few weeks to see no roots....
so anyway on a trip i took to switzerland i found a seed in some of their legal cbd weed (0.8%thc 23% cbd) so i chucked that in and shes going alright now, and super interested to see how she grows. the green was real nice, super skunky, mix it with a nice indica and you aint moving for a while put it that way.
Acapulco Gold
DSC_14913.JPG

Cannalope Kush
DSC_14921.JPG

CBD (well call her Casey)
DSC_14931.JPG

hopefully be back a little sooner for next update

Really has been a while.
App is completely dead? This is how I used to update, my PC is a pain maybe time for a new one.
Updates of last lot of girls harvested
Average yield should tie me over still, only 0.3gram/watt so plenty improvements to be made.
Shoreline WOW!! Will defo run this again no doubt! Solid nugs with a fruity musky note, smooth smoke nice long body high which creeps on you.
As for rollex don't bother, one of the phenos I got was killer but yield was shocking just the gas of the nugs is unreal. Don't waste your time with rollex og kush.
All flowered for 55 days at which point 2/4 plants had 5-10% Amber and I'm glad I chopped them then. Really impressed with the effects of the smoke.

Last pic is a little rosin I pressed out.

Got next lot of girls in
2 x Acapulco Gold (at the back)
1x cannalope kush (front)

On day 9 of 12/12 in those pics, just noticed pistils so day 1 of flower. These plants have been slow to transition but heard this can be the case particularly with acapulco gold. Going to look into solutions for speeding up transition next run I easily loose 7-14 days want to try cut this down if I can.
Just introduced mammoth p into the routine for this flower run, heard mixed reviews works great for some not so great for others so interested to see myself. Just gave all girls it this run but going to do a side by side next run to properly compare.
These plants are stretching well, been topped many many times.
Nutes for these per L:
2ml grow
2ml seaweed
2ml voodoo
1ml calmag
0.2ml mammoth p
Feed 2L water every other day and include nutes every third water.
Lights at 18"
Day temp 25celcius
Night 18 celsius
RH 55%

Trying to train as many bud sites as possible into centre of scrog, disappointing coverage from the Mars hydro, intensity is great in the centre but It tapers off real quick and because of this I've decided to build my own led array. Hopefully have funds this year and light designed is only slightly more powerful but should have much better coverage and so a more efficient use of the light.
Got a feeling I'm in for a long ride with these girls. Will try to keep updated on this.
Also over on Grow diaries if anyone ventures there, really like the system but don't think it can be compared to the forum, they cater for different audiences I believe.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom