Manifold and distribution pvc pipes, correct sizes?

HaHend

Hello,

I am about to finish my aero system and I would like to know if the PVC piping size looks OK before I glue everything together.

I have 39 sprayers (160l/h / 4.2gl/h) which equal 6240l/h or 1642gl/h in total. I have a 6500l/h main pump which will feed the sprayers and a 3000l/h secondary pump which will pump the nutrient solution back to the reservoir.

To keep reservoir temperatures cool (no budget for a water chiller atm) I decided on relocating it to another room. The distance from the reservoir to the manifold will be 5m.

I have a 1" pvc pipe for the manifold, then six 1/2" pvc distribution pipes (max. 7 sprayers per tube) and 1/4" tubing for the sprayers.

The manifold (I.D. ~27mm) will be mounted on top of the tray for top feed sprayers and will be connected to a 1" garden hose (I.D. ~25mm).

Do you think this will work out or do I need larger or smaller diameter tubing for the manifold or the distribution tubes?

Also does the garden hose seem to have the right size?

Looks like it's a solid design.

Maybe add a ball cock valve or two to enable shut off, to make things less messy?

I'd also make sure your garden hose is "Drinking Water Safe".

You could coil your return line in a small dorm fridge to cool your water if you need to?

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom