Manifold & training

Weedman11

How’s it going everyone, curious what everyone’s thoughts are on manifolding alongside LST, experience or tips? Also what do you think of how these girls are looking thus far. They are just about to go into week 3 of veg starting tomorrow under 750 hps in 4x4 tent. Btw happy thanksgiving!!

Attachments

• 003088F9-7AAB-435B-B564-CCDAC390F84D.jpeg
    003088F9-7AAB-435B-B564-CCDAC390F84D.jpeg
    494.2 KB · Views: 187
Nugbucket's Mainline/Manifold method depends heavily on LST to establish its base. My Crown Royale Indoor Coco Coir Grow journals this. Be gentle, it was my first grow. ;)

You will need to do something such as this method to control the growth in your tent. I used to get four plants in a 2' X 4' tent. It allowed for 6" (15cm) separation of the colas. I'm now down to four main branches, on two larger plants in that tent. I can't say if my increased harvest is due to the change in growing style, the light upgrade, or a combination of both. My harvest more than doubled for my last grow.

Nugbucket's Mainline/Manifold method depends heavily on LST to establish its base. My Crown Royale Indoor Coco Coir Grow journals this. Be gentle, it was my first grow. ;)

You will need to do something such as this method to control the growth in your tent. I used to get four plants in a 2' X 4' tent. It allowed for 6" (15cm) separation of the colas. I'm now down to four main branches, on two larger plants in that tent. I can't say if my increased harvest is due to the change in growing style, the light upgrade, or a combination of both. My harvest more than doubled for my last grow.
I don’t know what you’re talking about man, that grow journal was packed with info and looked fantastic, well done! I read up on nugbucket’s but I’m actually following nebula’s manifold/mainlining technique because it’s allegedly supposed to save almost 2 weeks! My goal is to split the stem so there are 16 main colas on each plant filling a 64 panel trellis. So far we’re 35 days since seeds were planted, going to veg for 2- 3 more weeks before flipping.

Quadlining may even be faster. Top between the forth and fifth node. You'll get four main branches. From there, you can accept the main branch, and it's first two shoots to get twelve from each plant, or top each branch between it's second and third node to get four from each main branch.

The key to success is visualizing what the plant will look like at harvest, and guiding it into that shape.

That’s actually a pretty solid idea, definitely am going to give that a try on the next run! Thanks man! When you do quadline, does the canopy get pretty even with training easily? Or is there a lot of supercropping involved?

That’s actually a pretty solid idea, definitely am going to give that a try on the next run! Thanks man! When you do quadline, does the canopy get pretty even with training easily? Or is there a lot of supercropping involved?

I don't supercrop unless forced into it. It happened once. I had to put two 90° bends in each branch of one of my plants when it outgrew my tent. I think it's better timing the flip so that indicas are about 40% and sativas 25% of their final branch lengths.

That’s my theory on it too, but I’ve heard it both ways in that supercropping develops nutrient pockets which make me think that’d help with the final flush and drying out without sacrificing development

Check out my journal. I mainlines all 4 of my plants. I topped, trained, topped, trained, next I'll tie them to my netting until it's filled and even, then flip. Pretty fun stuff

So just about to flip into flower tomorrow, going to give the girls 30 hours of dark and super looking forward to see how this stretch goes! Did the last major trim about a week ago, so won’t be doing any more pruning til day 20 or so other than lst bending/tying. However should be interesting to see how this goes so far, they’re all doing well symmetrically with the manifold, supercrop & lst combo. Let me know what you guys think or of any input I always love to hear every perspective. Also how do you all like to do the first big trim into flowering, do you lollipop or what do you enjoy most?

Attachments

• CA217AEF-2BE1-4B3D-9004-D51C654F94AC.jpeg
    CA217AEF-2BE1-4B3D-9004-D51C654F94AC.jpeg
    691.2 KB · Views: 86
  • E4790272-B76C-44BD-9285-7123D89FCD5C.jpeg
    E4790272-B76C-44BD-9285-7123D89FCD5C.jpeg
    662.1 KB · Views: 87
My defoliation tends to be minimal, leaving as much as possible to drive bud development. I just try to ensure most of the bud sites get light. My last harvest was just under a lb from two plants in a 2' x 4' tent using this approach.

So my question is this, I have 6 plants here, each has been manifolded X 3, meaning, I have 24 bud sites on each plant now. Growing room is as much as I need. The plants are literally about 5" tall above the ground BUT measuring the actual stem of each from tip to base is about 13" each.

Good to flower now or...?

People say flip when you have reached HALF the desired height.

We have 9' walls here.

So when people manifold, it has never been discussed anywhere, even by Nebula herself, WHEN do you switch to flowering, when the manifolded vegging plant is 18" tall, or when the measurement from tip of coala to ground is long?

You guys understand what I'm saying?

A photo period plant can be flipped whenever the grower wants. Indicas will double, and sativas can more than triple their size during the stretch. They continue to grow more slowly during the of flowering.

Indicas are generally low shrubs in the wild, reaching about a meter (40") in height, while sativas can reach three or more meters (10'+). Hybrids fall somewhere in between the two.

With the above information,, it's up to you when to flip. Decide how big you want your plants to be at harvest. What I suggest is flipping indicas when they reach 30% to 40% of their desired final size, and sativas when they reach 25% - 27%. This gives you some leeway for the unexpected.

Just seen this thread...
This is my white widow fem
IMAG1578.jpg
IMAG1575~2.jpg
,just took her down...
She was a mainline manifold .
Lost 1 of the tips after I topped her the 1st time.. So I built her from there forv8 mains,,, ended up with 9 ...
Broke ground early November...

Going to flip these to 12/12 in a day or two they will be 24 in. vertical growth from the soil in 18 in tubs. Show a lot of Indica and short slow growth and these plants have been manafolded to 8 nodes. AK 47 extreme. Pic was taken a couple of weeks ago and they have been trimed since......
DSC_0002 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom