Manifolding

after doing it a couple times,
#1 it doesnt increase yield
#2 the 4 strains i tried it on, none of them responded well. i may be wrong, maybe i just picked the wrong strains but it stunted all my plants by 3-4 weeks
#3 if youre willing to deal with #1 and #2, it is an effective alterantive to scrog, albeit you cant really push anything down the screen when you get unruly shoots stretching out

Ok, I see. Quadlining. Is there a good place to get good information about the other manifolding techniques you know about?

Thanks for reminding me about the extra veg time, I forgot all about it for planning's sake.

i really just searched here and on youtube
found pics and applied it as best i could

as hink says it defo stunts growth id say,
ive had these vegging over 7 weeks, will need to let then a couple more before flip.

regards to yield i have no idea, the main reason i applied the technique was to be able to try and manage height and grow a shorter bush rather than a tree. i am quite handicapped with height so if they turn out well and manageable i may continue with these techniques.

ive had these vegging over 7 weeks, will need to let then a couple more before flip.

regards to yield i have no idea, the main reason i applied the technique was to be able to try and manage height and grow a shorter bush rather than a tree. i am quite handicapped with height so if they turn out well and manageable i may continue with these techniques.

yes thats exactly why i tried it, but i have found its faster and easier to just lst the plant down and use stakes.

it will give you nice equally spaced colas, and they will look nice, but in the end i really dont think its efficient as far as time/yield is concerned.

basically its kind of a novelty to get 8 nice colas, but you with two mainlining flower cycles you can get 3 harvests if you just do it normally, and using a few other techniques you can yield more and get just as many nice colas.

i remember showing the plants off to a couple friends and showing them my magnificent skill of mainlined bonsai lmao, the appreciation effect wore off quick hahah

yeah it is fun playing around and making the plant look how you want it lol hell these are bag seeds too so no garauntee of girlies even.

i managed to grow a couple of nice autos with just lst and one topping on one plant, have a lot of heads but bloody sativa is showing its tall genes lol

See, I'm also contending with height issues so I want to SCRoG too. Even with my first topping I've slowed growth a bunch, but theyll recover, thats why I started in March. Very good.

Ok, I see. Quadlining. Is there a good place to get good information about the other manifolding techniques you know about?

Thanks for reminding me about the extra veg time, I forgot all about it for planning's sake.
Here's a good link for manifolding techniques. www.growweedeasy.com/manifold Hope that helps! Have fun and good growing!

Cheers

Here's a good link for manifolding techniques. www.growweedeasy.com/manifold Hope that helps! Have fun and good growing!

Cheers

dude growweedeasy is a really crappy site that pushes bro science and has led me down a wrong path multiple times

matter of fact, growweedeasy is where i got the stupid ass mainling idea in the first place.

any noobs would be smart to stay the hell away from that site, SOOOO many things i started with were wrong from getting all my info from growweedeasy.

mainlining WILL NOT increase your yield
their explanation of defoliation is a crock of shit
my plant according to them has tobacco mosaic virus

any and EVERYThing on that site should be TAKEN WITH A BOX OF SALT, not a grain of salt

and as a matter of fact, if you are going to try to do something like mainlining, youd be wayyyy better off looking at LightAddicts fluxing thread on this site.
growweedeasys mainling technique sucks, you are not only stunting the shit out of your plant, you are limiting it to 8 colas, when you could have much much more.

im saying all this from firsthand experience of following the advice on the site

dude growweedeasy is a really crappy site that pushes bro science and has led me down a wrong path multiple times

matter of fact, growweedeasy is where i got the stupid ass mainling idea in the first place.

any noobs would be smart to stay the hell away from that site, SOOOO many things i started with were wrong from getting all my info from growweedeasy.

any and EVERYThing on that site should be TAKEN WITH A BOX OF SALT, not a grain of salt
Hdinkleman,

I never said that the site was great but they're asking for more info. I personally don't mainline anymore b/c of the veg time but for ppl trying to train plants in this manner its a good article. It shows step by step pics on how to do it. That's all.

Hdinkleman,

I never said that the site was great but they're asking for more info. I personally don't mainline anymore b/c of the veg time but for ppl trying to train plants in this manner its a good article. It shows step by step pics on how to do it. That's all.

what im saying is the site itself spreads alot of bad info, including its mainline tutorial.

why only 8 colas? nebulahaze implies that anything over 8 colas will reduce yield.
dunno, i think theres plenty of scroggers
here that would say otherwise

what im saying is the site itself spreads alot of bad info, including its mainline tutorial.

why only 8 colas? nebulahaze implies that anything over 8 colas will reduce yield.
dunno, i think theres plenty of scroggers
here that would say otherwise
Well that could be said about a lot of sites on the internet. I try to never take anything at face value that I read on the internet. Best advice I could give anyone about anything they're interested in is to do their own research. If it's something that interests you then try it out. If you get the results you want, great!, if not, well don't do it again.

I will say this though, I think you can find examples of 16 and 32 colas as well. I don't know about the reduced yield claim either as I tend to agree with you. Personally I love to supercrop and LST. I've never scrogged as my plants tend to grow big and staking provides the ability to move plants around etc. Just something I find that works better for me in my situation.

That's actually the great thing about this thing we do. There are a lot of ways to reach your end goal. Some are better than others but it doesn't matter as long as you, the grower, are happy with the results. Most of my learning has been through trial and error and research.

It's funny you mention the bro science though b/c I had the opportunity to visit several large commercial grows in Colorado and a lot of the bro science is still pervasive.

i took the mainline idea and did this instead

E5778259-C246-412C-BCBB-590CE164FE65.jpeg
6AC1DB4B-243C-4DE7-A7D9-F245209720B2.jpeg

and as a matter of fact, if you are going to try to do something like mainlining, youd be wayyyy better off looking at LightAddicts fluxing thread on this site.
growweedeasys mainling technique sucks, you are not only stunting the shit out of your plant, you are limiting it to 8 colas, when you could have much much more.

im saying all this from firsthand experience of following the advice on the site
I do agree with you on content, but I did check into it because since this is my first time preparing for Mainlining, I need step-by-step instructions if I can obtain them. This one helped in that regard. But this information I see about other stuff is questionable for me as well. Thanks for the heads up.

Hdinkleman,

I appreciate the pictures they have. Im still a little sketchy on the whole thing because I really wanna make the best use of my space. My P Princess is a bit too big to cut down and mainline so im just gonna top it and bend it outward.

I do agree with you on content, but I did check into it because since this is my first time preparing for Mainlining, I need step-by-step instructions if I can obtain them. This one helped in that regard. But this information I see about other stuff is questionable for me as well. Thanks for the heads up.

this is part one, if you dont wanna listen him waffle skip to about 25mins lol
part 2 and 3 follow

i watched these and thats sort of how i tried to apply to mine

this is part one, if you dont wanna listen him waffle skip to about 25mins lol
part 2 and 3 follow

i watched these and thats sort of how i tried to apply to mine
I am probably just nervous because I'm overthinking things, which I tend to do a lot. Luckily this plant is one of 3 experiments I'm conducting on techniques and training. I didnt realize that I could simply cut the plant down a few nodes, lollipop it, and we've got it going on. I'm growing outdoors. I use michorriza and an organic fertilizer. The difference I'm seeing between mine and his is that my internode is longer. I've given this plant adequate light, and I THINK its growing at a good rate (Planted the seed very late Feb.), but it looks so WEIRD if I utilize the same technique.
Heres a look at the Unknown strain. Its about 5 weeks old or so, so it could be bigger in my opinion. I topped her when her 6th node arrived, and that was about 5 days ago-ish. Maybe a week. I'm concerned about how slowly its recovering, but it's starting to speed up a bit.
20190328_134706.jpg

So I think with her I'll top two or three times, try to get at least the next node down's tops to catch up, then SCRoG it, and hope for some good stretch. I will probably lollipop it leaving 2 nodes below the first topping to try and play catch up with the main top. I have some white widow thats about 10 days old in solos still, so I'll mainline at least one of them when they get to be a couple nodes tall.

I am probably just nervous because I'm overthinking things, which I tend to do a lot. Luckily this plant is one of 3 experiments I'm conducting on techniques and training. I didnt realize that I could simply cut the plant down a few nodes, lollipop it, and we've got it going on. I'm growing outdoors. I use michorriza and an organic fertilizer. The difference I'm seeing between mine and his is that my internode is longer. I've given this plant adequate light, and I THINK its growing at a good rate (Planted the seed very late Feb.), but it looks so WEIRD if I utilize the same technique.
Heres a look at the Unknown strain. Its about 5 weeks old or so, so it could be bigger in my opinion. I topped her when her 6th node arrived, and that was about 5 days ago-ish. Maybe a week. I'm concerned about how slowly its recovering, but it's starting to speed up a bit.
20190328_134706.jpg

So I think with her I'll top two or three times, try to get at least the next node down's tops to catch up, then SCRoG it, and hope for some good stretch. I will probably lollipop it leaving 2 nodes below the first topping to try and play catch up with the main top. I have some white widow thats about 10 days old in solos still, so I'll mainline at least one of them when they get to be a couple nodes tall.

if white widow is anything like white rhino it wont have a good mainline
the white rhino i mainlined is too much of a bush, the mainline on it really sucks.
ideally you want a sativa leaning hybrid, or a sativa, something with long branching and space between the internodes.
i might be completely off, but if white widow is more of a bushy plant instead of lanky, youre gonna end with a very crowded plant like i did.

20190328_134706.jpg

If there is one thing that I do know after having not done it in first grows is lollipopping is key. It makes sure your girls get good airflow and will get rid of most of the “larfy” buds by concentrating all its energy to the colas.

Back
Top Bottom