Many yellow & orange spots on leaves

Zumo1

420 Member
This is my first ever grow, i am using pretty low budget equipment and also 4-4-4 gaia green fertilizer (during veg) and water my plants with RO water but sometimes i have to use tap water. I haven't really had any problems this bad, but when i got into early/mid flower, i started to notice these yellow/orange spots all over the leaves. My humidity is around 46-50% (i think a little high for flower, i still need to get a dehumidifier that will fit). Im really not sure what the cause of this is. Any help will be great. Thanks.

Grow Equipment:
4x4x7 grow tent
600w Phlizon grow light
6" Hurricane Clip Fan
VivoSun 6" 440cfm exhaust fan
3x 5 gallon smart pots
VivoSun 6" 240cfm intake fan
400w heater on 18-6 on/off period (22 celsius during lights on, 18.5 celsius during lights off)
18-6 light period.
Plants are aprox. 18-19" away from the light.

IMG_0412.jpg
IMG_0413.jpg
IMG_0414.jpg
IMG_0434.jpg
IMG_0435.jpg
IMG_0436.jpg

Great job providing info. I don't know jack but wanted to welcome you. Rest assured someone that does know jack will be along shortly. Out of curiosity, what is the RH and have you recently sprayed water on the plant?

At a quick glance i would think thats calcium deficiency. Your also using RO water and LED lighting which makes your plants even more hungry for calmag. Have you been adding 1 tsp of CaliMagic or a calmag supplement with your feedings? Calcium is a immobile nutrient meaning it wont take it from the bottom of the plant and move it to the top, it will take it from all over the plant, especially the new growth (you're in flower so you're not gonna see new growth). This is why when a plant is deficient in nitrogen you see it yellowing from the bottom and moving upwards, because Nitrogen is mobile and it takes it from the bottom to give it to the newer growth.

What kind of Soil are you using? Whats the pH of your water in? If your pH isnt in the correct range this could explain the issues, regardless of the amount of nutrients available.

side note: i use tap water with it reading 150-170ppm (hard water) and grow great. I still supplement with Calimagic too. When you use RO water, adding a calmag supplement is pretty much a must do.

At a quick glance i would think thats calcium deficiency. Your also using RO water and LED lighting which makes your plants even more hungry for calmag. Have you been adding 1 tsp of CaliMagic or a calmag supplement with your feedings? Calcium is a immobile nutrient meaning it wont take it from the bottom of the plant and move it to the top, it will take it from all over the plant, especially the new growth (you're in flower so you're not gonna see new growth). This is why when a plant is deficient in nitrogen you see it yellowing from the bottom and moving upwards, because Nitrogen is mobile and it takes it from the bottom to give it to the newer growth.

What kind of Soil are you using? Whats the pH of your water in? If your pH isnt in the correct range this could explain the issues, regardless of the amount of nutrients available.

side note: i use tap water with it reading 150-170ppm (hard water) and grow great. I still supplement with Calimagic too. When you use RO water, adding a calmag supplement is pretty much a must do.

Thank you so much for the help. I read both yours and stoneotter's reply and i went out and bought some calmag. I used it in my most recent watering. I used about 5ml per gallon of water. Only time will tell now to see if things get better. Also to answer some of your questions i am using Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil with just a little bit of perlite added. And for the pH of the water i am unsure. I purchased a pH meter and a calibration testing kit at the beginning of my grow but im pretty sure i calibrated it incorrectly and haven't really been using it. I don't suspect it to be the water though because my third plant is completely healthy, and i use the same water. Anyways, thanks again.

Hey Zumo I found this in the Problem solver in my signature below. This one is asking for Calcium. So what vyserage says. If you think it matches.
Thanks for all the help, i followed both yours and vyserage's reply and bought some calmag for my plants. I used about 5ml per gallon of water. Thanks again for all the help.

Great job providing info. I don't know jack but wanted to welcome you. Rest assured someone that does know jack will be along shortly. Out of curiosity, what is the RH and have you recently sprayed water on the plant?
Thanks! I tried to provide as much as i could. The RH as of now is around 44-46%. And no i have not sprayed any water on the plants directly.

@stoneotter Hey i had one more question, even though my plants are in flower, would it be okay to also foliar feed my plants with a spray bottle? Just because of how bad the def looks. Thanks.
I wouldn't Zumo, Those leaves wont reverse and get better. At best they will improve and be a functioning part of the plant. She'll grow more. In flower whatever you put on your buds reflect on the flavor, or worse.

The little tiny spots look like spidermite damage to me...
May not be,but really looks like it.
If it were my plant,I'd check it for mites.

I wouldn't Zumo, Those leaves wont reverse and get better. At best they will improve and be a functioning part of the plant. She'll grow more. In flower whatever you put on your buds reflect on the flavor, or worse.
Okay cool, thanks for all the advise. I’ll keep this posted on how they do!

Back
Top Bottom