Marc Emery: Timeline of a Cannabis Warrior

He is not home yet. He has been released from prison but is in a private deportation facility waiting to return later this month.
The process to return him to his home is frustrating and full of governmental paper work. Any time two countries are involved, the process is painfully slow.

But he is not incarcerated and hopefully will be home soon.
:Namaste:

What a situation, free to go, but not allowed out! What a system. He should have never been there to begin with. Oh well, on to bigger brighter and more legal things. I am also assuming he is going to try to sue the sht out of the US Govt.

It is my understanding he is much more upset with the Canadian Government. Here is a quote--

"My own government betrayed me and I'm going to wreak an appropriate amount of political revenge when I get home and campaign against the Conservative government," Emery said.

Great piece I look forward to a legal market. I hope you are doing ok Marc I too was in Federal prison and I know that they probably have you on a thing called " Diesel Therapy " it when they keep busing you around from prison to prison.

I pled guilty to 10-life and got 14.5. Did 6 and had 8.5 years supervised release.

Emery was selling F2s as F1, and many in the community were less than happy with him.

Emery was selling F2s as F1, and many in the community were less than happy with him.

When I read about that some years back, I kind of shook my head, and thought it was a shame that the global cannabis seed industry is unregulated.

When I later read that he threatened to narc on a customer (to the customer's local LEO) who was complaining about merchandise, I began to wonder.

And then I stumbled upon this one day:
Marc Emery Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Girls – Weedly News

It bothers me that Emory has been compared to Ben Dronkers (of Sensi Seeds, one of the forum's sponsors). Last I heard, Ben never bought competitors F₁ seeds, grew them out, then sold the resulting F₂ "children" as if they were his own F₁s. I've never even heard a rumor of him threatening to narc out an unsatisfied customer (for that matter, there have been very few unsatisfied customers in the first place). And, AfaIK, Ben is only interested in adult women.

But Ben Dronkers has been arrested because of his cannabis activism. (But not once or even several times - he has been arrested over 80 times).

I've seen Emery referred to as the "Prince of Pot." I wonder if he gave himself that nickname, lol? If he is the Prince of Pot... then Arjan Roskam of Greenhouse Seeds really is the King of Cannabis :rofl: .

I remember this way back when. Followed it for a few years. I do agree that the USA over stepped their bounds with this. I really thought they were going overboard with it. Interesting about the dinner thing. Hard to walk the line and not step on toes. Early on they were shooting for the death penalty and using laws made for drug cartels. There are always consequences for our actions. While Mark should be commended for the good things he has done for the cannabis community. He knew the risks going in. 5 years while harsh is a hell of a lot less time then life or the death penalty.

I remember this way back when. Followed it for a few years. I do agree that the USA over stepped their bounds with this. I really thought they were going overboard with it. Interesting about the dinner thing. Hard to walk the line and not step on toes. Early on they were shooting for the death penalty and using laws made for drug cartels. There are always consequences for our actions. While Mark should be commended for the good things he has done for the cannabis community. He knew the risks going in. 5 years while harsh is a hell of a lot less time then life or the death penalty.
Well Said.

I remember this way back when. Followed it for a few years. I do agree that the USA over stepped their bounds with this.

I can see their point. I do NOT agree with it, but I can see it. In their eyes, the citizenry growing/buying/selling/using cannabis is a crime. The subject of this thread was a very high-profile person who was obviously selling viable cannabis seeds to US citizens. If they go after someone like that - someone who is not even a US citizen or residing in the country - and manage to succeed, this could conceivably serve to deter other entities from selling cannabis seeds to US citizens. Especially if they'd been able to ask for the death penalty, and most definitely if they had then achieved it. It would have made the risk versus reward thing pretty one-sided, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom