Marihuana and Crohn's Disease by Anonymous

Julie Gardener

I started using marihuana in college. Today I am 33, married with two girls ages 7 and 3. I have Crohns disease, which is an inflammation of the intestines and there is no cure. It can be very debilitating, extremely painful, and embarrassing. I have had surgery which was the best remedy. But by smoking marihuana with a water pipe which uses less marihuana than a rolled form or pipe, I find that if I'm getting abdominal pain it relaxes me enough that I can actually feel the pain fading away and getting less and less severe.

I do smoke every day because it helps me to relax. I know for a fact that it relieves nausea. When I was in the hospital for surgery for Crohns I couldn't stop vomiting. The nurses gave me shots and drinks of everything they could think of. I told the nurse that I knew what would work but that it was illegal. She said she could not condone the use because if someone found out she could lose her license. But she said she couldn't stop me, that I should just let her know if I did smoke some in case something happened she would know. Well I took one small hit from a bat and for 2 hours I was able to eat and enjoy myself as best I could. It's not for everyone. I don't like how I feel kind of foggy in the head. But it is worth it to be free from pain. I want to thank God for providing a substance that has saved my sanity more than once.

Source: Comments and Observations

Back
Top Bottom