Marijuana Activist Dana Larsen Announces Bid For BC NDP Leadership

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Marijuana activist Dana Larsen, the former leader of the BC Marijuana Party and founder of Cannabis Culture Magazine, has launched his campaign for leadership of the BC NDP.

"I'm here today to formally announce my bid for leadership of British Columbia's New Democratic Party," he told members of the press gathered at the Thurlow location of The Vancouver Medicinal Cannabis Dispensary. "I've been a New Democrat member for seven years and in this time I've met many hundreds of my fellow party members in this province and across the country, and I believe that I offer a fresh vision, a real alternative voice, in this leadership race."

Larsen is founder of the Vancouver Seed Bank and founding director of The Vancouver Medicinal Cannabis Dispensary. He ran as a federal NDP candidate in 2008 but resigned after pressure from the NDP party when TV stations began playing his Pot-TV videos.

In order to support his possible campaign for leadership and be eligible to vote at the NDP's leadership convention on April 17, potential members must join the party three months before the vote in mid-January.

"If you are not signed up by mid-January, you are not eligible to vote for me or whoever you choose to vote for," Larsen told Cannabis Culture. "You must be a member for 90 days."

CLICK HERE to SIGN UP for membership in the BC NDP (if that link isn't working, click here instead) or send in this membership form. Membership fees are a minimum $10 for the year (or $1 for the 'underemployed').

Over a dozen members of the local media gathered with cameras and microphones for the press conference, and stories about Larsen's announcement began hitting the internet minutes afterward.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: .cannabisculture.com
Copyright: 2010 cannabisculture.com
Website: Marijuana Activist Dana Larsen Announces Bid For BC NDP Leadership | Cannabis Culture Magazine

Back
Top Bottom