Marijuana as medicine.

Ollie

Now I'm relatively sure that most people on these forums will agree that pot can be used for a variety of medical purposes, but has anyone else actually tried smoking to help something? In the past I've smoked while I had like a common cough but obviously smoking won't help too much with that, but a few days ago I had a really bad back pain from too much heavy lifting. For most of the day I was fine but then out of nowhere I felt a jolt of pain in my back, next thing I knew I couldn't walk because the pain was so bad. So I decided to just do what I was planning on doing anyway and I smoke a couple bowls with my friend. Eventually I was able to move more and more and finally I was able to walk again. I had never felt pain like that in my back before. Now it coulda been the Ibuprofen I took or maybe my back just fixed it self, but I like to think that it was the weed that helped me.

Re: Marijuana as medicine...

I personnaly think its true because a while back I got stabbed in the shoulder and it went into the bone I was in the hospital for like a week and I was in bad shape my neck hurt so bad i couldnt turn my head and it hurt 24/7 but I smoked like a half O when I got home and it barely hurt, maybe cause weed blocks pain receptors or your to high to care haha

P420 does, and a lot of other people. They can tell you that it does actually help. My dad smoked pot for pain from radiation threapy for cancer, and it helped him a lot. He couldn't talk because of the pain, but when he smoked he talked perfectly. It does help, just not so much for common colds or coughs. I'm not posotive on the chemical ways of how it helps, but I believe it distracts your mind from the pain.

Marijuana has saved peoples lives...from me. Having compulsive anger disorder, I sometimes flip shit (especially on the road). Smoking calms me down to where I can deal with what pissed me off. It also prevents me from getting pissed.

Well, most smokers know the incredible pain relief marijuana can provide....that's why it's been made legal for ill people in 11 states. However, less comonly known, is that it works wonders on Diarreah. I know I'm not the only one who's bowels stop moving after Is smoke. In other words, I cant atke a shit until the high wears off. I frequently smoke pot when I have the runs, it works almost instantly.
-PM

When my wife and son are screaming and crying I smoke and it relieves that pain almost emediately but ear plugs work better.

JK
I take it for arthritis

I am epileptic and have tried several pharmies and only one has helped control my seizures. I still have had some side effects from those pills, upset stomach, anger issues, makes me sleepy, trouble eating, memory problems, ect. After I lost my job and insurance I couldn't afford to take them damn pills so I just smoked pot EVERY day and was seizure free for over 3 years. Unfortunatly I don't live in a medical state so I can't get a recemondation from any doctor :( I would like to move to a medical state but ALL of my family lives in Indiana and I think it would just be to hard for me to move to another state all by myself. I don't drive. I only have a high school education so i don't think i would be able to support myself working at a wal-mart or fast food joint :( out in Cal, OR, NM, or one of the several other states. Life is really sucking for me right now :( I always wanted to grow pot legally but i just don't see that happenin :(

Well I use the kief hard candies for my bipolar but I have been sick with a virus since Saturday & had the scratchy throat/dry cough thing going on. Did double candy yesterday which pretty much acted like a cough drop. With the exception of my stomach being a bit whacked out this morning my throat feels a lot better. It was also the candy that got me through work on Saturday as I woke up with the sinus migraine from hell. I had the migraine all day but the high from the candy kept me going from 12-7 otherwise I would have had to call in.

Now I'm relatively sure that most people on these forums will agree that pot can be used for a variety of medical purposes, but has anyone else actually tried smoking to help something? In the past I've smoked while I had like a common cough but obviously smoking won't help too much with that, but a few days ago I had a really bad back pain from too much heavy lifting. For most of the day I was fine but then out of nowhere I felt a jolt of pain in my back, next thing I knew I couldn't walk because the pain was so bad. So I decided to just do what I was planning on doing anyway and I smoke a couple bowls with my friend. Eventually I was able to move more and more and finally I was able to walk again. I had never felt pain like that in my back before. Now it coulda been the Ibuprofen I took or maybe my back just fixed it self, but I like to think that it was the weed that helped me.

I'm a legal medicinal patient, and I really do smoke for several pretty not-so-fun things. But on the regular day-to-day, I've found additional uses... like when I had a runny nose - smoking has cleared it right up on more than one occasion (pot actually helps to dry nasal passages - I've read this on more than one occasion and can cite it if someone really wants me to find it for them)... Even after emergency surgery I smoked pot too. I actually took meds they sent me home with in the hospital and I was hallucinating like crazy and talking to myself. I stopped taking them but when I smoked pot I was fine. Go figure that the plant that grew from the ground didn't give me any crazy problems :)

Back
Top Bottom