Marijuana Dangers & Reefer Madness

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
I will be the first person to admit that I am very new at this computer toy/contraption. I am astonished at what is on it. Any computer gazer knows that I am an advocate for medical marijuana and that I have more than 4 thousand patients on it.

To discover what the opposition was, I punched up marijuana dangers. I was astonished to see there were 100 pages or 1000 postings and 500 of Marijuana Toxicity. It appears that at least 90% requoted the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) with the following “dangers”:

1. Trouble remembering things
2. Slowed reaction time
3. Difficulty concentrating
4. Sleepiness
5. Anxiety
6. Paranoia
7. Altered time perception
8. Bloodshot eyes.

I cannot perceive any of the above being dangerous but they added a few more:

1. Tremors
2. Nausea
3. Headache
4. Poor coordination
5. Breathing problems
6. Increased appetite
7. Decreased blood flow to the brain
8. Changes in reproductive organs

What really baffles me is that marijuana is used to treat many of those latter symptoms. However, if people were using NIDA controlled and distributed “floor sweepings marijuana” none of this would surprise me (it’s lousy). As far as any of these being dangerous, I invoke “Reefer Madness” by those publishing that garbage.

Even the U.S. Govt. prints that an estimated 80 million have used marijuana and possibly 15 million use it daily when they can get it. Any harm?

The greatest danger of marijuana is arrest by the scotch drinking cops and DEA agents which is over 800 thousand people in the United States. *

At the same time Alcohol, a legal drug, causes more problems and kills hundreds of thousands per year. Tobacco, another legal drug, may be even more dangerous. Tobacco tars kill with a slow and agonizing death by lung cancer.

Comparing this to cannabis/marijuana which has NEVER killed anyone is the worst part of Reefer Madness. What were those actors smoking? It could have been NIDA weed.

* Police arrested an estimated 872,720 persons for cannabis violations in 2007, the highest annual total ever recorded in the United States, according to statistics compiled by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Of those charged with cannabis violations, approximately 89 percent, 775,137 Americans were charged with possession only. An American is now arrested for violating cannabis laws every 38 seconds.

Dr. Phillip Leveque has spent his life as a Combat Infantryman, Pharmacologist, Toxicologist and Physician

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Salem-News.com
Author: Dr. Phillip Leveque
Copyright: 2009 Salem-News.com
Website: Marijuana Dangers & Reefer Madness - Salem-News.Com

I bet that of all the meds the Va has me on (18) a day most x2, that I can show all those "ailment listed above to be present except for the killing and maiming of my liver and kidneys, Cannabis has even helped me cut my Morphine dose from 240 mgs. a day to 120mgs. and working on cutting it (morphine) out of my life.
I am a card carring believer from California and not a day goes by that I dont thank the creator and the leared ones for letting me address my health issues with a plant that is as old or older than us humans are, I also pray for those who believe the reefer madness BS and run with that Missknowledge, just my two cents......burn one and pray for the fools.

Back
Top Bottom