Marijuana Dispensary Questions - Customers - Owners - Employees

Strawhat

A friend and I are planning on opening up a dispensary in the future. The plan is to go into a state where it is just becoming legal and establish ourselves as one of the best growers in town. But we have a lot of questions that we needed to know from those who have experience with multiple dispensaries, those who have worked at one or multiple dispensaries, and those who own successful dispensaries. For those who are customers we wanted to know what you expect from a dispensary from customer service to prices and anything that you would like to see one ran. Also talk about unique experiences that you have went through while dealing with a dispensary. What do you like most about some dispensaries than others and what will kelp you coming back to that dispensary out of those other 300. P.S. do you think employees should wear uniforms or just look presentable.

For those who are dispensary owners we would like to know how you were able to get your business off the ground. What were the difficulties and how did you deal the the federal government, because we heard about the many raids that once plagued the industry everyday. What does it take to run your business and what do you look for in you're employees. Did you have to train them in order to teach them the difference in strains and what CBD and THC was. What is your workforce composed of. Are there strictly cashiers or do have people working in a lab testing as well. Also what are key aspects of your dispensary that you believe helps your business thrive. Do you recommend growing all the marijuana that you dispense or do you get a percentage from local growers and then a percentage of your own. Do you recommend the growing your own. Do you recommend purchasing from vendors. Which is more profitable. How do you make sure the marijuana that you receive is potent and not damaged from things such as spider-mites. What makes you stand out from the many dispensaries that surround you. Lastly how do you get involved with the community. I heard that dispensaries had to be non profit. How do you make sure you are financially stable while still giving back. And what type of organizations are you affiliated with. All help is appreciated. P.S. How do you keep your business safe I can imagine crooks attempting break ins what keeps you from tossing and turning at night worried about breaking and entering. Also what type of security do you have during the day.

Now the employees. What do you like about working at a dispensary. What benefits do you receive from your employer. What benefits would you like to receive from your employer. How would you feel about wearing a uniform, it probably would be a collar shirt or dress shirt with casual khakis. What is you pay i know it varies. What is your position in the store. Are you in lab,sales,or management. Also anything you would like to note would be great.

Thanks to all that participated. I know there are a lot of questions and some I must find out in my own. But all help is appreciated.

Re: Marijuana Dispensary Questions (Customers,Owners,Employees)

I'm in SoCal, at the dispensaries here they have smoking hot budtenders in belly shirts and skirts. Something about hot half naked weed smoking chicks. :Namaste:

Re: Marijuana Dispensary Questions (Customers,Owners,Employees)

^^^

What he said. I would add get a lawyer and agent that specializes in finding tolerant properties. Getting the paperwork is easy if you have cash, finding pot friendly landlords and cities is the bitch. Keep in mind that even if you open them the right way with all necessary paperwork and in full compliance with state law it may get shut down and you may be forced to quit or work from your home. It's the Wild West of industry, fun and extremely unpredictable.

If you believe quality growing and retail should take place under the same roof, you will become another hated business, as soon as you find it easier to market premature crops for a lower price.

Only a tiny fraction of dispensary visitors have a passion for or knowledge of Cannabis. Low price dominates. There is no room for quality in a dispensary. Youll have about a dozen people buying top shelf, and thousands of highly influenced placebo oriented people with no taste buds complaining about the high price.

Weed possession has become a token addition to created personas of the least common denominator. Its not about quality at all anymore. The market revolves around fooling people into thinking Snoop Dogg smokes this stuff so its great. Snoop Dogg doesn't smoke that stuff. He puts on a t-shirt and takes pictures for money. I cant even smoke with anyone in my town since it went mmj. 99% chance their bud smells like grow products instead of Cannabis. At least that's how it works in Socal, Az, Nv, NM, CO. All the bud I had trouble moving on the black market is higher quality than top shelf at any dispensary asking twice the price...

hey, guys, is someone here from LA?
What do you think about this dispensary?
Their site looks pretty cut, I'd like to buy weed there.
Can I find any reviews about them?
Are they reliable?
Did anyone have any experience?

Back
Top Bottom