Marijuana Extract: A Child's Odyssey Towards An Epilepsy-Free Life

Jacob Redmond

Hank Kovach had to endure seizures from a severe epilepsy for more than 25 times per day since he was only one , his mother had said . His epilepsy didn't respond well with the medications.

"One time, I thought he was playing in the other room," she stated in the CBS News. "He was not playing in the other room, he was convulsing, turning blue. And that's when I thought I lost him."

When she heard of the medical marijuana last summer which instantly brought her hope for a cure, She then went to register her son to a trial that was intended to test if medical marijuana may actually help .

Hank had to be injected with the marijuana extract called Epidiolex two times a day . The medicine does not have THC that makes one experience euphoria , anxiety and paranoia. Kovach shared that the result came with a huge difference in her son.

"We instantly saw results," she said. "He was smiling again. We saw a decrease in seizures. At this point, he was finally able to gain cognitive skills with therapy."

Young adults and children around 11 that reached to a hundred and thirty-seven of them were given the medication .

"They had better sleep, better attention, better cognitive concentration, better behavior. Some of the kids clearly became more verbal, better coordination," stated one of the researchers , Dr. Linda Laux of Lurie Children's Hospital in Chicago.

"I had one child who started walking while they were using the medication."

Hank is now seven , he still doesn't speak, yet is already attending school without having to experience seizures for months .

"My hope is for him to be seizure free, be happy," Kovach said. "My goal is to hear his voice, to hear him talk. We just want him to be happy."

41298.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Marijuana extract: A Child's Odyssey Towards an Epilepsy-free Life
Author: Web Staff
Photo Credit: None Found

Back
Top Bottom