Marijuana isn't?

Enigma

This subject ALWAYS makes me mad... and this thread is just a vent for me... and hopefully you guys agree on this subject!
I believe legalization of alcohol and cigarettes is a conspiracy sought up by the government as a form of population control... such as there's SUPPOSEDLY no cure for AIDS and Herpes or Diabetes. Those of which thousands of people are dying of everyday. And of course, cigarettes and alcohol contributes to these deaths. I know that there has yet to be a marijuana-related death, yet they scapegoat marijuana users as homicidal and violent! How many homicides do we know of when people were under the influence of alcohol? Too damn many... Tabacco company makes TOOOOOO much money... and i'm sure that they are bribing anybody who is against them. And sadly, they take it... and all these "conservative" ass politicians that pushes on anti-drug commercials are probably smoking that reefer themselves. I love America, but it's going down a fucking drain and we're becoming a fucking joke... the system is WAY too fucked up.

They can legalize cigarettes full of tar, cyanide, rat poison, raydon, and all kinds of chemicals... but they wont legalize their gods natural curative. Especially since politics pretty much go hand in hand with religion... Blah!!!! Oh. off and on subject, our brothers and sisters need to come back and stop fighting for this war of blood for oil.

FUCK BUSH. He's a fucking :clown:

Re: Cigarettes and Alcohol is legal but... Marijuana isn't?

lol, People die from Herpes? Just thought that was kind of funny in the wording. But I do agree with most of what you are saying. Also if it were to be leagalized, as pointed out by a recent post by 420 in a short artical, if it were leagal it would be much more difficult for minors to posses. It is easier for children to get marijuana than it is for them to get alcohaul, and this is not good.

The people don't run the country the corporations do, the pharmeceutical corporations mostly. Medicine for the symptons of AIDS makes more money than a cure for aids. Same with herpes and diabetes. They don't want you to be healthy they want you sick, healthy people don't make them money. The Tobacco companies make pharmeceutical companbies money by causing cancer, and heart disease among other things.

Legalizing marijuana would be terrible for pill makers. Imagine all the money lost from painkiller addiction. You're telling me we can send a camera to venus but not make a non addicting pill? o_O come on! This is the way america runs, either get used to it or do what I'm going to do after college...Leave and never look back.

And its cigaretes and alcohol ARE legal. :))

i agree 100%. their could be a cure for aids and other diseases but they dont want to release them cuz all the other medication companies would go out of business, and all the treatments for the diseases would no longer be neccessary. who knows what they are up to.

I know what you're saying man... I quit ciagrettes on new years. I wont support anything besides weed now. I wouldn't care if alcohol was made illegal and weed was made legal. That's how it should be, because there's always gonna be moonshiners to supply us some alcohol from time to time. I almost think the u.s. government cannot ever now legalize pot because they'll look like fools. Telling everyone it's bad for a good 40 years then legalizing it, they would look like total douchebags, which they still are for not doing it.

As Bill Hicks once said, "Isn't it interesting that the two drugs that are legal, alcohol and cigarettes, are the two drugs that do absolutely nothing for you whatsoever, and drugs that grow naturally on this planet, drugs that open your eyes up to make you realize how you're being fucked every day of your life---those drugs are against the law. Wow! Coincidence? I don't know."

Well, alcohol would never be illegal just because it's always been such a huge part of Western society (and human civilization in general).
Cigarettes... those were this countries cash crop, (tobacco).
It's all about keepiong the status quo.
Now, as to why other drugs (such as cannabis) ARE illegal, that's different.
It's a mixture of politics, greed, religion, and, and consipiracy (as demonstrated by Bill Hicks, the comedic genious).

st0ned sk8er said:
whos the president who requested marijuana to be illegal anyways
No president requested it. It was first made illegal by the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937. It was actually Harry J. Anslinger who pushed for it's illegalization (head of the Bureau of Narcotics). The president who signed it would have been... let me see.... Franklin Deleno Roosevelt.

Enigma said:
This subject ALWAYS makes me mad... and this thread is just a vent for me... and hopefully you guys agree on this subject!
I believe legalization of alcohol and cigarettes is a conspiracy sought up by the government as a form of population control... such as there's SUPPOSEDLY no cure for AIDS and Herpes or Diabetes. Those of which thousands of people are dying of everyday. And of course, cigarettes and alcohol contributes to these deaths. I know that there has yet to be a marijuana-related death, yet they scapegoat marijuana users as homicidal and violent! How many homicides do we know of when people were under the influence of alcohol? Too damn many... Tabacco company makes TOOOOOO much money... and i'm sure that they are bribing anybody who is against them. And sadly, they take it... and all these "conservative" ass politicians that pushes on anti-drug commercials are probably smoking that reefer themselves. I love America, but it's going down a fucking drain and we're becoming a fucking joke... the system is WAY too fucked up.

They can legalize cigarettes full of tar, cyanide, rat poison, raydon, and all kinds of chemicals... but they wont legalize their gods natural curative. Especially since politics pretty much go hand in hand with religion... Blah!!!! Oh. off and on subject, our brothers and sisters need to come back and stop fighting for this war of blood for oil.

FUCK BUSH. He's a fucking :clown:
1st: Most modern day drugs are scheduled
2nd: Bush isn't the reason Alcohol and Cigarettes are legal and Marijuana not; that happened in the 30's-40's
3rd: It bothers me that opiates are legal for medicinal use and not Marijuana; that's a problem.
4th: Population control? ftw? Alcohol was prohibited because it was a community health problem , but because of soring crime rates the prohibition was revoked and I don't think tobacco, an even more socially accepted drug, was ever presented for prohibition; at least until the truth/D.A.R.E and etc propaganda campaigns.

I don't like Bush either, but don't blame him for this (something that happened before he was born).

J842P said:
No president requested it. It was first made illegal by the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937. It was actually Harry J. Anslinger who pushed for it's illegalization (head of the Bureau of Narcotics). The president who signed it would have been... let me see.... Franklin Deleno Roosevelt.
That law was challenged by Timothy Leary and disgarded for being contradictory.

i think i have more control over myself on marijuana then if im drunk.

just figured id put that out there. it seems like the amount of control you have over making good decisions should have some play in this.

Yea, i hadn't mentioned capitalism and all the corporate shit... Oh and btw, i didn't mean you could die from herpes, but since you 'CAN'T' cure herpes, more money goes in as far as treating it. Anyway.. I guess all this madness is a part of keeping America balanced. Whatever it may be: population, capitalism, free enterprise; etc.

Rubbar said:
That law was challenged by Timothy Leary and disgarded for being contradictory.
Well, it was unconstitutional because it was self incriminating (one had to posses the pot to buy the tax stamp, but it was illegal to posses it before you buy the stamp).
Yeah, it was technically legal for like a year in 1969 or something like that, but then the Controlled Substance Act came out and flat out banned it.

It drives me crazy that you can list THOUSANDS of reasons why pot should be legalized, yet it's not.

Any sane person, regardless of whether or not they toke, can look at the FACTS and see that marijuana is harmless. Smoking it can be harmful, but with advances such as the vaporizer all harm from smoking is eliminated.
Instead people choose to listen to the propaganda and let others tell them what to think.

I mean, look at the anti-pot commercials... we might as well be back in the days when Reefer Madness came out.
OOH pot can make you crazy!
OOH pot can make you kill people!
OOH pot can make you steal!

Pfft... give me a break!!

a high world rather than a drunk world. the system
a drunk world rather than a high world. trying to be the system
if all things were perfect

Back
Top Bottom