Marijuana-laced candy ring busted by Feds

Urdedpal

U.S. drug agents have arrested a California man they say was responsible for a ring that sold marijuana-laced candy and soft drinks.

The Drug Enforcement Administration, in a release, said Kenneth Affolter, 39, of Lafayette, Calif., was among 12 people arrested Friday in a series of raids in the Oakland, Calif., area. Agents reported finding "sophisticated indoor marijuana grows," thousands of marijuana plants, weapons, a large amount of cash and "hundreds of pot-laced candy and soft drinks."

Several local law enforcement agencies were involved in the 6-month investigation that led to the arrests.

DEA Special Agent in Charge Javier Pena said: "In a way, this case sort of answers the question, 'What will they think of next?' What so many people don't realize is that innocent children will somehow get their hands on these products and think they are just normal candy or soft drinks -- thus, making this action not only illegal, but potentially tragic."

Authorities allege that Affolter operated "Beyond Bomb," which made marijuana-laced items packaged to resemble actual products. The DEA release said illicit product names included, "Pot Tarts," "Double Puff Oeo," "Bong's Root Beer" and "Toka-Cola."

Copyright 2006 by United Press International.

I thought that these were edibles sold in clubs?

what kind of candy and stuff? That sounds like a nice thing to have..

looks like good stuff to me

.....thus, making this action not only illegal, but potentially tragic.

Tragic? I'm not saying give pot to kids but how does the word tragic fit? It's not like the kid is going to overdose or anything, so the kid is stoned for a couple hours., doesn't dound like a tragedy to me. Sounds more like a peacefull evening for the kids parents. lol

The tragic is in there, because it will lead to the child being stoned, and eating up all the parents food. And maybe the child opertaing heavy machinery.

DEA Special Agent in Charge Javier Pena said: "In a way, this case sort of answers the question, 'What will they think of next?' What so many people don't realize is that innocent children will somehow get their hands on these products and think they are just normal candy or soft drinks -- thus, making this action not only illegal, but potentially tragic."
"Will somebody PLEASE think of the children!"
God this crap pisses me off. The authorities has the American public by the tits with this "children" crap. Notice it comes up whenever they try to justify supressing liberties, I mean shit, look at the rampant censorship that goes on in this country all for "the children."
Oh and I must agree with the rest of you, why would kids getting their hands on this product be "tragic?"
It's stupid, it's not like they are going to overdose and die, unlike with many other common household items and drugs. This is a purposfully misleading statement construed towards ignorant parents. I am not advocating giving pot to children, but this total sensationalism.
I hate the media, and the fucking Feds.

I like the pics. Yummy, This is unfair to me cause I would love to have those products.It's the only tragedy I see.

Urdedpal said:
I like the pics. Yummy, This is unfair to me cause I would love to have those products.It's the only tragedy I see.
Well, the products are, (from what I hear) popular at the dispenseries in Cali, and a lot of patients prefer them because they don't want to smoke.
This pisses me off.

Good point J842P they make it sound like they are making them in candy and soda form to trick kids when really it's just for patients who either prefer to not smoke or are unable to.

Back
Top Bottom