radman32

Did Harry J. Anslinger destroy University studies about weed when he was planning on making it illegal?? If he did, when did he do it and how many reports did he destroy?

Re: Marijuana Myth???

I couldnt tell you for sure but if you look at the history of cannabis prohibition the government usually just ignores studies...Ive never heard of them destroying any.

?rumour i've heard is that feds told colleges if they want fed money they had to purge libraries of MJ reasearch supposedly during ronnie ray gun's prez....

Well in Grass they mention that during all the reefer-madness claims there was a study where they administered cannabis to test subjects (it was unregulated at this point) to test the wild claims. It was claimed that during the cannabis high you would be dissociated from your identity and could believe you were an animal like a dog or a bird, the study disproved this. It disproved super human strength, that cannabis would make you criminally insane and all the other unproven, unscientific lies the drug warriors were spouting. But just like today these findings were buried and unpublished.

And today in the 21st century we still have to debunk the myths of these a-holes like cannabis kills brain cells, cannabis kills your immune system, cannabis causes a permanent amotivational syndrome, cannabis changes your DNA, makes you infertile, makes you have homosexual children etc. etc. etc.

cuz its not taxed....and the govt only care about taxes cuz they rippin us off, so they mad.

Well they can tax it like they do to tobacco and make a killing off it. Imagine the money getting putting back into the government. Think of the jobs created.

Let's not mention the jails that will lighten up a little.

But noooooo. The government wants to be all stupid.

I believe that they could just have you pay a yearly growers tax if you are planning to grow and if you get stopped with unregulated herb you just show your tax card or if its not on you at the time just mail in the tax id number. Most people will prefer to just go to the store and buy a pack/bag so to avoid all the trouble and be happy about it..and I guess if you get some from a buddy grower and get stopped then you would pay a fine for having untaxed herb, or just go get a growers tax yourself prior to the hearing and then not to have to worry about it anymore that year.. just my 2cents..:roorrip:

That wouldn't work at all, mail in a tax number? LOL. It's not farfetched, they could make it that you have to buy a growers license and pay tax on crap. As far as carrying around a tax card, what? LOL. If it was legal you would not need proof of how you got it or why you have it. Pay a fine for untaxed herb, LOL that would never work.

As for most people would rather buy their herb then grow it. I don't know if you speak for yourself or most people? Maybe you could reword that. I think most people would rather do that right now because it's ILLEGAL, but if it were LEGAL I don't know if that'd be the case. That's my buck 50.

Marijuana in the U.S. was made illegal in the 30's, those research reports and studies were done in the 50's that he got rid of. There was lots of things, even back then they would say on the record that it wasn't dangerous and had benefits. You can refer back to plenty of doctors saying it back then, at congressional hearings and wherever else.

It's just the pharmaceutical industry and the big corporations lobbying because they own the jails. They get so much money on every inmate in jail/prison. Big corporations own those jails supplying them with everything they have in there, they love having jails packed and that's 2 of the main reasons it's stays illegal today.

Lol Im just saying that if the gov was worried about people growing there own and giving it to buddies then putting a fine on un taxed herb that peeps have on them would be the way they could go, just like your not supposed to buy and transport large amounts of cigs and booze across state lines cause of the tax issues..
And I would grow my own if it was legal to do so and I would be more than happy to pay a yearly growers tax to do so. If they issued cards I would carry it in my wallet at all times as to allways have proof of tax paid. After some time it would probably be like other bs laws and not inforced but till then...
And I agree 100% with the last part of your response that its all about the money that the lobbiest for the big pharm companies shovel into washington that has been keeping pot illegal and unless we have someone in the whitehouse that has the balls to forgo the lobbiest and the conservative way of thinking to do what is right(which I hope we have with Obama) only then will we see the change in the drug lawsthat we are hoping for..
Once again just my 2cents:peace:

yyea, nvm i found out, have u seen The Union: The business behind getting high, i heard it from that, and everything you guys saying was reported true, how Reagan destroyed his ordered research called the Shraffer Report, which didn't back him up. Then yadayada he lies and everyone is still quoting.

What we really need to do is stop being such stoners, going out, supply our own "Reverse Propaganda" and hope that people learn the truth. Give hard hitting facts, not medicinal facts, but personal and historical accounts. See that's how i got so interested into finding this info out. If only we could convince people to just listen, but then why is it so hard? ... idk

I think the bigger reason the gov doesn't support herb is because they don't want people to think for themselves, and question the gov's decisions. The figuring out how it would all be set up in the market has already been figured out. It would also screw up other industries such as food, fiber, textile, paper, medicine, and that would ruin a lot of business and cause confusion. The gov also has their hands in it. They support bad drug cartels, banks, oil, war, etc. So even though it seems simple that we could implement this, you would have to change a lot of shit, lot's of people lost in the transaction, and a lot of evils to combat.

Back
Top Bottom