420 Magazine Background

Marijuana Myths

BigSur

High Times magazine. That is the biggest myth about weed.

Emilya

Total and complete BS and one of the most pervasive myths having to do with marijuana... Not ever one case of lung cancer caused by marijuana. Zero. Matter of fact, cannabis oil has been documented to CURE lung cancer. Only some people experience panic attacks, and usually those same people have those same attacks, cannabis use or not. MMJ use has been documented to decrease depression and suicide rates among veterans, and is the main reason the VA has endorsed medical marijuana. I am proof that your academic performance argument is pure hogwash... I am a lifelong user of pot, even as a toddler. I graduated from high school and undergrad school with honors and now hold a PhD. I believe that my regular use has made me smarter, more creative and more stable. I have never had a MMJ related panic attack. I have never been depressed, quite the opposite in fact. My only perceived mental health problem is that I harbor a severe dislike of people spreading BS, but I am not anxious about it. I am able to vent, here, and that keeps me sane.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remystemple

Total and complete BS and one of the most pervasive myths having to do with marijuana... Not ever one case of lung cancer caused by marijuana. Zero. Matter of fact, cannabis oil has been documented to CURE lung cancer. Only some people experience panic attacks, and usually those same people have those same attacks, cannabis use or not. MMJ use has been documented to decrease depression and suicide rates among veterans, and is the main reason the VA has endorsed medical marijuana. I am proof that your academic performance argument is pure hogwash... I am a lifelong user of pot, even as a toddler. I graduated from high school and undergrad school with honors and now hold a PhD. I believe that my regular use has made me smarter, more creative and more stable. I have never had a MMJ related panic attack. I have never been depressed, quite the opposite in fact. My only perceived mental health problem is that I harbor a severe dislike of people spreading BS, but I am not anxious about it. I am able to vent, here, and that keeps me sane.
I wish i could find it but a long time ago i read about a study that supposedly showed that pot smoke kill mutated cells in the lungs. that would mean the cells wouldn't have time to turn into cancer.

Don't know how true it is. just something i read.

Emilya

I wish i could find it but a long time ago i read about a study that supposedly showed that pot smoke kill mutated cells in the lungs. that would mean the cells wouldn't have time to turn into cancer.

Don't know how true it is. just something i read.
That does indeed seem to be what is happening. Clinical tests in Israel are proving this to be the case, but it will be after 2023 before the USFDA will allow this testing here in the USA so that treatment plans can be developed. Israel has now moved past us in this research and think they have found the trigger that causes the cancer mutation, and the means to turn it off. Ironically, cancer may be cured before the US legalizes the research.

Gadfly

Nixon’s famously ordered/funded a study into the topic found no connection between cannabis and cancer. The story goes that Nixon threw the report in the trash can in a fit a rage because it didn’t fit his narrative.

That study led to observations of cannabinoids fighting cancer cells but nothing truly conclusive. As Em said, the Israelis have taken the charge in this direction. It looks promising, but progress is painfully slow and people are still dying of cancer regardless of MJ use. One hopes that the answer will genuinely be discovered and shared with the world. Because of this, I don’t like to refer to MJ as a cure, but more so a treatment.

Remy is likely referring to the Virginia med report that Jack Herer wrote about in The Emperor Wears No Clothes.

Remystemple

That does indeed seem to be what is happening. Clinical tests in Israel are proving this to be the case, but it will be after 2023 before the USFDA will allow this testing here in the USA so that treatment plans can be developed. Israel has now moved past us in this research and think they have found the trigger that causes the cancer mutation, and the means to turn it off. Ironically, cancer may be cured before the US legalizes the research.
Amazing!

Remystemple

Nixon’s famously ordered/funded a study into the topic found no connection between cannabis and cancer. The story goes that Nixon threw the report in the trash can in a fit a rage because it didn’t fit his narrative.

That study led to observations of cannabinoids fighting cancer cells but nothing truly conclusive. As Em said, the Israelis have taken the charge in this direction. It looks promising, but progress is painfully slow and people are still dying of cancer regardless of MJ use. One hopes that the answer will genuinely be discovered and shared with the world. Because of this, I don’t like to refer to MJ as a cure, but more so a treatment.

Remy is likely referring to the Virginia med report that Jack Herer wrote about in The Emperor Wears No Clothes.
wow you follow this close. I feel like looking into it more now.

Top Bottom