Marijuana Myths

cigarettes=cough suppressant that lets more crap build up in lungs.
cannabis=cough expectorant that makes you hack most of the stuff up.

-Some study i read on MAPS years ago....

I feel one of the most compelling reasons for decriminalization at the least and full legalization if sane people are put in charge of the decisions is one fact that is left out of every argument about legalization and how it would effect Medical marijuana patients. Basically as it stands right now with cannabis illegal its value can range from $1800-$3500 per pound depending on potency and a majority of people believe medicinal grade cannabis is the best you can get and because of this reason medicinal cannabis users end up becoming the targets of thieves who are looking to score a patients crop to make an easy buck or they are just out to rip it off and then have lots of quality smoke.

But the problem is as long as we the minority of injured and chronically ill patients who use cannabis to relieve our symptoms only form of protection from theft is expensive door locks ,reinforced storm doors, wireless security services with live monitoring while these sound good they dont offer enough deterrent to thieves or even slow them down enough to make it more hassle to try and break in , when you consider that if I have thieves show up at my home with weapons I am not going to argue with them I will co operate and give them what they as for if they want all my dry medicine I will hand it to them as its not worth risking my life or my families life. But if cannabis was either decriminalized for possesion as well as decriminalized to cultivate in small gardens of say 6 x 6 outdoors or 6 x 6 indoors with no more then 1000w light this alone would make the life of canadians who require cannabis to benefit there health safer as well as relieveing the stress and anxiety they must go thru each day worrying if there medicine is going to attract thieves who could at best leave this patient without his medication and at worse he could be shot and killed. But like I said before if cannabis were made legal then these patients would not have to worry that someone looking to make an easy buck will try and rob .

wow, how can you smoke safely without getting cancer ? I mean, i know the risk is extremely low, but still, shit happens. maybe a vaporizer ?

i've been extremely unhappy about not having any Cannabis. i've cried in pain because i didn't have Cannabis to treat my medical conditions. but in the way i know you mean, no.

Yup that's me sometimes, but it's easily equated to not having pain medication that was prescribed to me by my doctor.

"And as far as all the posts about MJ being addicting - my neuro told me that it's not addictive & I won't experience w/drawel if I were to suddenly stop taking it, but I would notice a difference in my behavior "

I have had this arguement with many friends who are addicts (in recovery) and non-addicts. I say there is some withdrawl , but I would say it is less than going without coffee and it will not kill you. If you OD on Alcohol, you can easily die in the DT's and die directly from the poison. I have gone through withdrawl. For cannabis only users quitting can make you irritable and you may have all your aches and pains come back, that you have been using this as a medicne for. You can get depressed and you feel out-of-place, especially if your whole world revolves around Cannabis. On the other hand, I have had worse times having a bad cold.

That's exactly what my neuro said.

Wow thats pretty interesting. i guess you only get it if your luck is extremely low
And yea ive heard a lot about them giving MMW to cancer patients and also to reduce cancer

Cancer

Smoking marijuana has the potential to cause both bronchitis and cancer of the lungs, throat, and neck
Marijuana actually does NOT cause cancer. Marijuana use, alone, can't cause cancer. It's just not possible. Marijuana just doesn't have the cancer causing factors that tobacco or alcohol have. So i hate to mess up your novel of facts, but i figured i'd go ahead and point out that you got that one wrong. Cannabis alone just is not able to cause cancer. The only marijuana users who have ever even gotten cancer are the ones who smoke tobacco and/or drink alcohol as well. Their cancer is not from the marijuana though. I challenge you here and now to show me just 1 case of cancer throughout the last 10,000 years of history of marijuana use, that was solely the cause of marijuana.................................... Don't worry, I'll wait.

sorry boss,you got me all wrong.i NEVER said that marijuana caused cancer.what i was talking about was the racism that was and still being used today.the reason that M.J. got banned was to stop the migrant worker(who were mexican)who supposedly were taking WHITE JOBS.WHEN THEY TOOK BREAKS FROM WORK,MOST OF THEM DID WHAT THEY HAD BEEN DOING FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS SMOKE MARIJUANA and take a little siesta.

sorry boss,you got me all wrong.i NEVER said that marijuana caused cancer.what i was talking about was the racism that was and still being used today.the reason that M.J. got banned was to stop the migrant worker(who were mexican)who supposedly were taking WHITE JOBS.WHEN THEY TOOK BREAKS FROM WORK,MOST OF THEM DID WHAT THEY HAD BEEN DOING FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS SMOKE MARIJUANA and take a little siesta.

Sorry there cheif, no idea why you wrote this to me. I OBVIOUSLY wasnt talking to you if YOU weren't the one who said MJ causes cancer. I was talking to whoever started this thread, i quoted the line i was talking about too.

I am Canadian so it is legal for me as a medical user. My doctor was concerned about the harm smoking can do, and she did not know if it caused cancer or not. Our doctors up here have not had any training about this. My fellow Canadian, Rick Simpson, found a way to concentrate the medicine so it comes out in a form of a thick grease. He eats it and cures cancer. He got in a world of trouble because he was growing and making this oil, then giving it away for free. He has had much success with his treatment at about 70 % (the reason for that is many people come to him too late after the chemo and radiation has ravaged their insides,for the medicine to fully work). Cannabis cures cancer. Period. End of story. The next question is why are we not using this? For independent folk, Run From The Cure shows how to make the oil yourself. You will need I pound(16 oz or 454 grams or just under half a kilo) of good, dry bud to start the process. If the market value of an OZ is about $400, as it is in California, that means you would have to pay $6400 for the bud and a few more dollars (under 100) to get the equipment you need and the solvent. Lets put the total cost at about $6500 then as a good round figure. Where I live in Canada cannabis is so abundant that you can get an OZ for about $200, more if you want the killer shit. That means the cost to cure cancer changes by where you are from and the current price of weed. How much does Chemo and Radiation cost?

Thats funny you mentioned the 10 dollar lid cause as a canadian MMJ user/grower I have mothers for white widow, jack herer, himalayan gold ,super silver haze, armeggedon and super crystal my cost to grow 25-30 ounces every 2 months is around $150 total for electricity ,nutes and soil my buds are excellent potency and I am paying less then $10 per ounce to grow it. Now what would it cost for those strains in a Cali dispensary???? 200 maybe 300 an ounce???

I know it is different for canadians because our govt actually allows us enough plants to easily produce our medication Like myself for instance For my daily dose of 10g/day Health Canada has Licenced me to produce at any one time 50 plants total no matter what stage of life they are in .. In cali what is the legal amount for a patient to have growing 12 immature and 6 flowering max?

how much is your labor worth to grow, also count building maint. and such.

Alas, as always, us artists never get paid for the time we spend on a project! I agree, a person's time, fuel or energy costs besides the lights,the cost to get the stuff you need and set it up... it needs to be paid for. It adds up to a lost business if you do not keep track of that stuff.

Alas, as always, us artists never get paid for the time we spend on a project! I agree, a person's time, fuel or energy costs besides the lights,the cost to get the stuff you need and set it up... it needs to be paid for. It adds up to a lost business if you do not keep track of that stuff.

What are you even talking about? The money you spend on your grows is money spent to keep the plants growing and you could EASILY make back what you spent if you wanted to. As for the time and labor.... are you forgetting the pay off you recieve from your plants? Seriously.

It's about time I found a group of down to earth people all voicing there opinions about the safest, so illegal drug called pot.:hookah:

as Jack herer said, the 30 year long term studys showed that the groups of smokers only, drinkers only, smoking-drinking-cannabis use, cannabis use only and non users as controls, that the cannabis only users live over a decade longer than the smokers and drinkers but on top of that they live 2 years longer than the non users. He said you would have to be crazy not to smoke pot!

Back
Top Bottom