Marijuana Myths

I've been a loyal smoker for years now....I still prefer the dro and purple haze....it's all good though....I don't trip out anymore and I have to smoke more to get a good high....I sit in class sometimes blasted out of my mind thinking of pointless shyt....It's pretty interesting if you think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstisgod
I think regardless of what tests show..marijuana unfortunately...because im addicted....does indeed slow your mind after frequent use...I stutter more nowadays.. than I would normally..Marijuana makes me a paranoid individual...Im always wondering if someone else is talking about me...Nonetheless...it doesnt not give me liver disease...nor does it entice me into commiting a triple homicide... and it almost always keeps me from driving intoxicated... but still my memory capabilities are slowly deterirorating... day after day...IF anything... keep this movie quote in mind..."Nothing exceeds like excess."

Brian
hstisgod

Dude u are not an additct if u can put it down for a mounth and u cant get addicted to weed u just thank u need it but u dont, it is all mental if u want to u can quit it just like that its not that hard to quit it is harder to quit tabbaco then weed

I've been smoking for more than 35 years now and yes, it fucks up your memory and yes it is psychologically addictive, I don't care what anyone says. Just ask a woman whose man hasn't smoked in a while.. yeah, the man slipped into a funk that only is escaped with more pot! 35 years.. it's real kids!

pinch52 said:
I've been smoking for more than 35 years now and yes, it fucks up your memory and yes it is psychologically addictive, I don't care what anyone says. Just ask a woman whose man hasn't smoked in a while.. yeah, the man slipped into a funk that only is escaped with more pot! 35 years.. it's real kids!
Wait what woman?

Any..

Mr. j8, don't have that problem anymore.. always stupid, unlimited Bay Area access, ya gotta love it! Retirement affords me these wonderful liberties!

hstisgod said:
I think regardless of what tests show..marijuana unfortunately...because im addicted....does indeed slow your mind after frequent use...I stutter more nowadays.. than I would normally..Marijuana makes me a paranoid individual...Im always wondering if someone else is talking about me...Nonetheless...it doesnt not give me liver disease...nor does it entice me into commiting a triple homicide... and it almost always keeps me from driving intoxicated... but still my memory capabilities are slowly deterirorating... day after day...IF anything... keep this movie quote in mind..."Nothing exceeds like excess."

Brian
hstisgod
You have got to be kidding...I have been smoking for 30 years and have no adverse effects..I think you might want to see a doc about that... :laughtwo:

VWhippie said:
420 said:
Health Risk Myths and Realities

<In fact, DEA head Thomas Constantine recently stated in a Washington Times interview that "Many times people talk about the nonviolent drug offender. That is a rare species. There is not some sterile drug type not involved in violence who is contributing some good to the community; that is ridiculous. They are contributing nothing but evil."
Some people make me laugh at their stupidity. I work as a CNA and am going through nursing school, i will graduate next year, at the top of my class. I am totally anit-violence, pro-choice, pro-gay rights etc. I promote peace when ever i can, yet i also smoke pot everyday. I also know a whole bunch of other nurses, some that work in the ICU and one that is in anastesia, and Doctors that smoke pot on a regular basis, and you guessed it, they are some of the best nurses and doctors in the state. People should refrian from making statements that make them look like morons, and that have no truth behind it.
peace :peace:
AMEN!!!...i have had a wonderful life myself...owning and running my own business...stoned... :laughtwo:..and i can remember the 10 dollar lid... :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

i had to quit for a mounth to pass a drug test for work and my memery came back dont know what you be smokin hstisgod. Always know whats in your weed.

yeah weed can be addictive to some people. also can cause some lung damage. its is not as damaging as alcohol or tabacco. i saw a report on web md that shows that smoking marijuana does not show to cause cancer. even in those who smoke alot. there is more of a chance of getting a heart attack. ill try to look for them and post links

Marijuana Unlikely to Cause Head, Neck, or Lung Cancer

By Peggy Peck
WebMD Medical News

May 8, 2000 (Boston) -- Marijuana, unlike tobacco and alcohol, does not appear to cause head, neck, or lung cancer, says a researcher from Johns Hopkins Medical School in Baltimore who presented findings from a study here recently at a meeting of internal medicine physicians.
WebMD - Better information. Better health.

This article is from the WebMD
Medical News Archive

March 2, 2000 (San Diego) -- The Woodstock generation is getting some very bad news: Marijuana smoking in middle age may trigger a heart attack in those who still indulge. Marijuana smokers increase their risk of having a heart attack almost five times within one hour of lighting up, according to a study presented here at an American Heart Association (AHA) meeting.

"This is the first documented link between marijuana and heart attack," says Murray A. Mittleman, MD, PhD, of Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston.

Mittleman tells WebMD the spike in risk quickly decreases after an hour passes. Pot smokers are twice as likely as nonsmokers to have a heart attack one to two hours after lighting up.

To put that increased risk in perspective, Mittleman says that the risk of heart attack increases 100 times when a couch potato decides to shovel snow, and it "increase 2.5-fold with sex."
WebMD - Better information. Better health.

Kids, kids, kids.. remember,

Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one! :goof:

Myth: MJ messes with your memory.. myth? Think not. Flew all the way to LA yesterday to find out my appointment wasn't till today.. flew all the way home, pissed at myself. :hmmmm:

Pinch said:
Kids, kids, kids.. remember,

Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one! :goof:

Myth: MJ messes with your memory.. myth? Think not. Flew all the way to LA yesterday to find out my appointment wasn't till today.. flew all the way home, pissed at myself. :hmmmm:
Well, technically the myth has always been your SHORT term memory, and that would be your long term memory.

j842p said:
Well, technically the myth has always been your SHORT term memory, and that would be your long term memory.

It was my short term memory that initially failed me.. I wrote down the incorrect date in my calendar.. phone call to calendar.. short.. am I wrong?

Doesn't matter, we've all got one.

'San Francisco Cannabis Day 2005' San Francisco Civic Center Plaza, Larkin at Grove; 66404976, cannabisfreedomday@yahoo.com. Noon-6pm, $5. Celebrate the various uses of this plant, from hemp to medical marijuana. Hear speakers and dance to the sounds of the Caribbean Allstars, Alphabet Soup, and the Lynnete Shaw Band.

Come one, come all.. Tomorrow, Wednesday, May 3, 2005 :tommy:

Pinch said:
It was my short term memory that initially failed me.. I wrote down the incorrect date in my calendar.. phone call to calendar.. short.. am I wrong?

Doesn't matter, we've all got one.
Yup, that's your short term all right. :cool:

j842p said:
Yup, that's your short term all right. :cool:

Thanks. :peace: Pinch (IMC)

420 said:
Fat Cells

One of the more ridiculous myths being circulated is that marijuana stays in your fat cells and can keep you high for months.

DAMN! if that was the case lol i would say on an average the normal smoker would blaze between 1 and 3 L's a year

lol talking about saving money.

Back
Top Bottom