Marijuana Myths

I might be the only person in the world who didn't smoke marijuana till I was 26 and got high and liked the feeling. Maybe the best I ever felt. It was very comforting. That was 20 years ago and I have never smoked it since. So that should tell you if it is addictive. The problem for me I didn't smoke cigarettes and trying to hold in the marijuana smoke was very difficult. I would love to have tried pot brownies or a vaporizer. The thing with marijuana it doesn't have calories like beer. The alternative ways of using should mean marijuana has not adverse affects. When I came up I thought of pot smokers as long hair hippies and marijuana stunk and you got high like a zombie. The smell really turned me off.

smell the flowers - re: m.myths

I would like to point out that even though there is no physical/medical proof of brain damage you will never convince me or anyone in the active hippy range of that. We have seen some of our friends & acquaintance not get past there teen stage to mature emotionally. For the most part they smoked pot all the time. This is not to say that a few adolescent smokers didn't get by unharmed but the evidence is obvious that if you smoke a lot when you are young and / or developing emotionally you are taking a big chance. Slow down and smell the flowers

You dont give your age but I have been smoking weed for 40 odd years now and it has not harmed me in
any meaningful way , certainly not when it comes to alcohol or class A drugs by comparison or cigarettes. It is a herb and should not
be classed as a narcotic drug.In my opinion of course. It is about time growing hemp for its many uses ( not
smoking I mean as it only involves male plants anyway which are no good to smoke ) was given the green light
by USA and European govts.

You dont give your age but I have been smoking weed for 40 odd years now and it has not harmed me in
any meaningful way , certainly not when it comes to alcohol or class A drugs by comparison or cigarettes. It is a herb and should not
be classed as a narcotic drug.In my opinion of course. It is about time growing hemp for its many uses ( not
smoking I mean as it only involves male plants anyway which are no good to smoke ) was given the green light

I graduated from HS 49 years ago. You make a lot of sense and I can agree on most of what you said. I do not think weed is near as harmful as cigarettes or alcohol and for the most part is a good thing when controlled much like eating food.
I do not subscribe to young developing people smoking pot unrestrained. I defiantly think marijuana should be legal and that adults should be allowed to grow it. It most assuredly has medical benefits.

Yes I agree about young people so just like cigarettes and alcohol there will have to be controlled means of sale to people above a certain age. It wont be perfect but remember young people do not take up smoking cigarettes like our generation did. Plus you do NOT have
to smoke marijuana to get benefits from it.Anyway I`m sure the big tobaccoi companies can produce herbal joints with no tobacco/nicotine , that is the harmful substance after all.

I very much agree with you especially about the non-tobacco joints. anyone know of a herbal substance to put into joints
instead of tobacco. even cutting back on tobacco would be a good thinbg fore users.

I very much agree with you especially about the non-tobacco joints. anyone know of a herbal substance to put into joints
instead of tobacco. even cutting back on tobacco would be a good thing for users.

For myself I started smoking joints again this year after not touching cannabis for 14 years. Now that i'm a lot older and wiser the experience has been completely different compared to when I used in my late teens. We mixed a lot of tobacco and for a non smoker at the time a bong would kill my throat and often felt ill from the nicotine hit.

This time around no bongs but some nice joints mixed with a mull mix that contains lionstail,Mugwart & Damiana herb. Not harsh on the throat and really mixes well with cannabis and smells good and also vaporizers quite well. I never go overboard and just use it on Friday, Saturday night without any health side effects.

I have seen way too many non- tobacco smokers mix tobacco with their mix which in my opinion has seen them get addicted to the nicotine in tobacco. As a consequence they start craving for more bongs throughout the day just like any smoker but they have associated the high nicotine fix with a cannabis high as well and that's when you start seeing dependency.

So never every mix tobacco in a mull mix if you don't want to get addicted to nicotine. Also you should check the herbal mull mix for nicotine as some herbal plants contain high levels of nicotine. So far over the past 6 months I have not experienced any craving for cannabis throughout the day or need to use it everyday. Nicotine is a very powerful drug that rewires the brain's reward system.

All VERY COOL Stuff!
I like this bit
*domestic* marijuana's average potency
Hey, in the 70's Domestic was crap, The only thing worth smoking came from south of the border. WHO CARES what the "Domestic Potency" was? How about the potency of Lambsbread, or that sweet stuff from Acapulco, That was the Sh*ts now!

Very nice page! Great info!

Personally, I agree with art fog. I feel like sobriety is a very important part of growing up. To experience something like this too young with a lack of knowledge, especially with the wrong crowd, can change your life for the negative. I am not sure if any certain age is the right age for everyone to start drinking/smoking. But I don't believe it is good for the 10 - 14 year olds to be getting high every day.

Yes 100%, Weed is not in the same ball park when it comes to yearly death's from class A drugs, cigarettes etc. Last year let me think thats right 0 death's from weed, And the year before that 0 and before that 0. There has never been a death on paper of a weed OD. I think falling coconuts kill about 150 people a year. Maybe the fed's should start a hate campanign against coconuts. If it would keep them buzy and off weed's back GREAT.

NO death's,That goes along way for me when it comes to decriminalisation or more. :thumb:

Another myth... mangos won't get you any more higher lol.

Basically the amount of myrcene they may have is unsignificant enough to have any synergy effects on Cannabis. Not all mangos even have Myrcene at all.

And even if you eat high myrcene mangos, you would literally need to eat hundreds of mangos to get any effect lol.

Back
Top Bottom