Marijuana Policy Project Cries Foul Over United Nations Action

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The Marijuana Policy Project, the largest marijuana policy reform organization in the United States, has denounced efforts by the United Nations' International Narcotics Control Board to "meddle" in marijuana reform in the United States.

The INCB is currently meeting in Vienna, Austria.

The MPP says that in a recent report, the INCB said it was "deeply concerned" that this country's 14 state medical marijuana laws are sending the "wrong message to other countries."

Additionally, the INCB is "concerned over the ongoing discussion in several states on legalizing and taxing the recreational use of cannabis, which would be a serious contravention of the 1961 convention."

"The last thing the INCB should be doing in meddling in our states' affairs," said Aaron Houston, MPP director of government relations.

NewsHawk: User: 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: ledger-enquirer.com
Author: LARRY GIERER
Copyright: 2010 McClatchy Company
Website: Marijuana Policy Project cries foul over United Nations action - Breaking News - Ledger-Enquirer.com

It's about the same as caring what the catholic church says.

The treaty is out of date. The powers that be would not be able to pull that stunt twice. We are more connected and less gulible than in the year of my birth. Since I have been alive this treaty has been in effect. I would consider it a massive failure and should be scrapped.

Honestly, who cares what the UN says. I sure don't.

No one really. Atleast, no one of any power or importance. They are a great symbol, but like George W. Bush demonstrated when he started the war, they don't really matter.

Back
Top Bottom