marijuana rights movement going back in time

lost201a

Canada and US to legalize Marijuana ??

What happan in 2002 ,2003 ,2004 where there was talk in Canada and the US that they may legalize marijuana ?

And some courts in Canada did not want to put people in jail for it.There was a wave in 2002 ,2003 ,2004 of government people talking in Canada and the US to legalize marijuana .

In Nevada and California there was government people talking to legalize marijuana .There was a wave of protesters in the world in 2002 ,2003 ,2004 of support to legalize marijuana

All that seem to have died down now and people forgot about it.But what has been happing in the past 10 years is a gay rights movement around the world for some reason :smokin::smokin:but a big lost of the marijuana right movement in 2002 ,2003 ,2004 .

Now do not get me wrong I'm not anti-gay rights movement but why is this seem more acceptable than marijuana rights movement .What got the gay rights movement going but not marijuana rights movement .And by all means I know the gay rights movement is going to take along time but aleast they make the news and there are debates in government but this is not the case of the marijuana rights movement .

And at least some cops,firefighters,mayors in Canada go to the gay pride or march in the pride but this not the case of the marijuana rallys.This is what is hard to understand the gay rights movement seem more acceptable than the marijuana rights movement

Some college in Canada have gay flags or posters and many people go to gay rallys but this not the case of marijuana rights movement .

I think the movement toward more realistic legislation for Cannabis has been pretty successful in the last 5 or 6 years in the USA.

Interesting point, though. Maybe we should say we're natural pot smokers...it's who we are and anyone who try's to stop us is discriminatory.

I think the movement toward more realistic legislation for Cannabis has been pretty successful in the last 5 or 6 years in the USA.

Interesting point, though. Maybe we should say we're natural pot smokers...it's who we are and anyone who try's to stop us is discriminatory.

I'm going make claim do not know if it is true or not but seems that way to me.The gays and lesbain are more active and in people face than the marijuana rights movement .

The marijuana rights movement deline in 2007. And more gay pride and protests than marijuana rights movement .

Outside of a few parades/protests, I think that people that want to legalize MJ only seem to spread their message to people who are already MJ-friendly.

Look at organizations such as NORML. I would have never heard of them had I not read magazines such as High Times as a kid. I always saw lots of "legalize it" ads in there. Don't think I ever saw one in Popular Mechanics, Discovery, Motor Trend, or any of the health/sewing/"anything that a "stoner" wouldn't automatically subscribe to" that I leafed through while waiting in the doctor/dentist office.

I've never seen a commercial on television either.

Part of the problem with individuals honestly expressing a positive opinion toward Cannabis use is the illegality. Most people have too much to lose to speak up about this subject. That's why supporting a site like 420Magazine.com in any way possible is so important. With this venue, people from all over the world can find more information than they can possible digest. By carefully following the laws associated with the subject matter, this site provides a safe haven for us to share the truth about this miracle plant.

As Rob recently stated, there is (almost) too much content here. What that means, though, is that someone with a specific question about Cannabis, it's history, use, production, benefits, or consumption will almost certainly find a good answer.

420Magazine doesn't push it's views on others. Truth seekers will find their way here and can become part of this family on their own. Since I've been a member here, and especially in the last year, I've watched the number of visitors and members grow in huge percentages. This will continue exponentially until this site alone may provide the resources and impetus necessary to change laws on a local and federal level.

That's my biggest hope for change. :cheer:

Outside of a few parades/protests, I think that people that want to legalize MJ only seem to spread their message to people who are already MJ-friendly.

Look at organizations such as NORML. I would have never heard of them had I not read magazines such as High Times as a kid. I always saw lots of "legalize it" ads in there. Don't think I ever saw one in Popular Mechanics, Discovery, Motor Trend, or any of the health/sewing/"anything that a "stoner" wouldn't automatically subscribe to" that I leafed through while waiting in the doctor/dentist office.

I've never seen a commercial on television either.

What I'm saying is when I turn the news on TV or read the news :rollingeyes: I hear debates about abortion and gay rights. This not the case of marijuana .

I hear this state legalize gay marriage or this state will like to legalize gay marriage.Every year every city has parades/protests of pro gay rallys.

This is not the case of marijuana right movement .

Part of the problem with individuals honestly expressing a positive opinion toward Cannabis use is the illegality. Most people have too much to lose to speak up about this subject

The cops cannot put you in jail for talking about it.If you go to a parades/protests for marijuana right movement they cannot put you in jail.

As Rob recently stated, there is (almost) too much content here. What that means, though, is that someone with a specific question about Cannabis, it's history, use, production, benefits, or consumption will almost certainly find a good answer.

What I'm saying it seems there was a little wave of marijuana right movement in 2002 ,2003 ,2004 and 2005 and than died down.

There was many courts and goverments having debates :cool::cool:and on the news and also marijuana right movement rallys. This seems to have died down.

But the gay right movement did not died down.

If you really think about it this is really screwed up. Who's lives are getting destroyed cause they cant marry a same sex partner. No offense but screw them. We are at risk every day for something we choose to do in a responsible manner, we can go to jail, have our cars and personal belongings taken away and then auctioned off. And yet the gay movement does get all the media attention, its so frustrating.

Don't get me wrong they deserve freedom of choice like everybody else. But we need to change laws and government policies that actually destroy lives before we go trying to legalize gay marriage.

Yea and you never will see one for legalizing MJ. Uhm I wonder why that is?

Because they don't want to spend the money? Before this year I might have thought it was because it wasn't a topic that one could get on television, but I have seen some really freaky spots on public access television. Not to mention the garbage coming out of Hollywood that our youth are growing up watching and being allowed (by their parents/guardians) to actually believe that such things are the way reality is - or should be, rather.

Just my opinions.

If you really think about it this is really screwed up. Who's lives are getting destroyed cause they cant marry a same sex partner. No offense but screw them. We are at risk every day for something we choose to do in a responsible manner, we can go to jail, have our cars and personal belongings taken away and then auctioned off. And yet the gay movement does get all the media attention, its so frustrating.

Don't get me wrong they deserve freedom of choice like everybody else. But we need to change laws and government policies that actually destroy lives before we go trying to legalize gay marriage.

This is what I do not understand why is the gay rights movement seem more acceptable than marijuana rights movement ? The marijuana rights movement do not make the news they do not even talk about this in government like the gay rights movement .

The prison population is out of control the war on drugs have not worked and yet they talk about gay rights movement .There are gay rallys , gay pride so on.

Why was there a small marijuana rights movement wave in 2002 ,2003 ,2004 and 2005 and than died down.

There must be members here who are activists or read books and web sites that are into the marijuana rights movement .

I don't understand what money? If they legalize it , it would be like alcohol or cigarettes the tax money would make companies and government people rich.

Some thing does not seem right.

Uh... The lobby money from the petrochemical (fuel), chemical (DuPont - one of the original "sinners" as far as outlawing MJ), pharmaceutical (take your pick among giants)?

The "confiscation money?" Small pickings when taken as a whole against the fed/states' budgets, but do you expect the LEOs to willingly give it up?

Couple others but I'd call the one the biggie and the other a visible one.

Upon consideration, I don't know that legalizing it and taxing sale of it would be such a windfall as once thought because unlike (a few) choice beers/wines that the big companies can make more appealing than the stuff I can brew myself, I like to think that I can grow MJ with the best of them. And if it were legalized, you can bet your butt that I would. And just try and tax THAT.

Really torturedsoul I would have thought it was because a few companies own most of the tv stations and of course they all support the government, just like the oil and drug companies cause they're all big business.

Lost you gotta understand something. All MJ is illegal, even industral hemp. Hemp is the world's biggest cash crop and can be used to make meds, food, cloths, paper, gas, and the list goes on and on. Now if they made it legal what do you think would happen to these big paper, oil, and drug companies. They would probally go under cause industral hemp is way better and cheaper to produce. So these companies know this so they have lobbiests. Who in congress try to keep it the way it is. The great thing is lobbiests can say hey vote no on bill 420 and we'll "donate" a few thousand dollars to your non-charity group. Oh yea and the drug lords send money to these lobbiests in congress as well. Causes if they did make drugs legal, these drug lords would lose millions.

Oh yea the great war on drugs. Let me break that down. Spend more money and arrest more people. Well at the end of the year our pockets are empty, our jails are full, and we now have a drug problem in this country worse then its ever been. The government is fully aware of this. They just make more money destroying lives then repairing them. This government is a BIG BUSINESS. lol end rant.

We're here,
We like dope & beer,
Get used to it!

LOL,Just goofing,not trying to make fun of a serious situation.
It's important for the power structure to keep putting people who think like us in jail.If you lose your right to vote, you can never voice your opinion at the ballot box.

Really torturedsoul I would have thought it was because a few companies own most of the tv stations and of course they all support the government, just like the oil and drug companies cause they're all big business.

Lost you gotta understand something. All MJ is illegal, even industral hemp. Hemp is the world's biggest cash crop and can be used to make meds, food, cloths, paper, gas, and the list goes on and on.

Where can I find more about this? Is it money corrupting the congressman and senators or lack of activists ?

You would think the liberals would be all over this thay are all over abortion and same sex and gay rights movement so on.

Now if they made it legal what do you think would happen to these big paper, oil, and drug companies. They would probally go under cause industral hemp is way better and cheaper to produce. So these companies know this so they have lobbiests. Who in congress try to keep it the way it is. The great thing is lobbiests can say hey vote no on bill 420 and we'll "donate" a few thousand dollars to your non-charity group. Oh yea and the drug lords send money to these lobbiests in congress as well. Causes if they did make drugs legal, these drug lords would lose millions.

So you saying the corporations give the congressman and senators money? What about interest groups like church groups ,groups anti-smoking and drinking ,anti-drug use so on..

The US is a christian county and very religious.

Oh yea the great war on drugs. Let me break that down. Spend more money and arrest more people. Well at the end of the year our pockets are empty, our jails are full, and we now have a drug problem in this country worse then its ever been. The government is fully aware of this. They just make more money destroying lives then repairing them. This government is a BIG BUSINESS. lol end rant.

The BUSINESS yes BUSINESS will proft on high prision population the tax payers will not.

Yea and the past 9 years has shown that the us government cares about the taxpayer alright lol.

Yea they give em money and get away with it. Cause it's not a bribe for a company to drop a thousands dollars on a political campaign or just give it to said persons schools and so on.

Check out this site: Marijuana Conspiracy - by Dough Yurchey And if you wanna read more about big businesses influence on our government I suggest you read The Rise of the Fourth Reich, by Jim Marrs. Great book and its very informative.

The US is a christian county and very religious.

That's the funniest thing I've seen on the internet all weekend.

Maybe it is at first glance, but if you sit and read just about any "official" religious tome that you care to pick up from any established religion, and then really look around, you'll change your mind about the US (govt.) being Christian - or relious.

Paying lip service and having a catchy phrase on its paper money doesn't count.

See my other thread .I doubt that .There are too many countries where it is illegal. I can see big business interest in US if it was legal would go under .But all those countries it just too conspiracy they would have control over goverment.

I think the main reason it is it is still Illegal is it is viewed has vice. Now there may still be some business that want it to still keep it Illegal in the US but you got to understand the US.

The kicker heroin and cocaine was legal in the US before the Harrison Act, 1914: .The US was very libertarian the free-market ,small goverment ,small police ,small army ,no bailouts ,no business in government ,separation church and state.

The 1919 to 1933 Prohibition was wave in US on vice any thing to do with vice .From that point on business and the church played a big role in goverment.After ww2 the US had big army and become super power .Alot of people say the US is so big and powerful and big army and big super power and tell other countries what to do much like the USSR this was not the case before. It was the neoconservatives thinking and thought after ww2 and was the birth of big super power and army .The US took the side line before ww2 and hate wars very bad , did not want a big army and that change after ww2.

The 60's and 70's was the sex revolution and big conflits of old views and new views .You dare not cought before the 60's in blue jeans or t-shirt other than working on the farm , blue ripped jeans was a no no ,no girl would wear jeans or pants ,,no girl would look or dress like a man ,sexism was big ,jeans and other casual wear was considered rebelious and not acceptable.

The 80's and 90's was change of divorce and common-law that was not acceptable before.President Richard Nixon in 1969 made a campaign to be tough on crime ,war on drugs and this was birth of the prisons and cops .In much the same way the US was weak and did not like wars or have big army to ww2 .

Now do to President Richard Nixon we have moe people in jail or prison than any other country.Than Bush came along and we have more business in goverment ,wars ,conflits .big army ,big police so on.

Thoese neoconservatives putting congressman and senators on wall street and church in goverment and claim they have high moral but brake every card the church teaches.

In 30 years the US has had only 3 terrorists attack and yet they claim it is happing every day , they claim there is robbery ,B&E or car theft on your street every weak ,they claim other countries want to do harm to the US.This all a war like mind Nazi Germany use and now the US is using it for police state and for business and control.

Other thing read the news paper ,or TV CNN,FOX ,or the radio the medail outlets is obsession of crime and war .Even cities where crime like robbery ,B&E ,car theft ,shooting or killing is not gone up 2X or 3x but the news on TV or the radio is you need AT&T or onstar for you house and car .Need more cops and more jails. A war like mind of war and crime .Big army and big police force.

In the movies and TV programs a obsession of cops and robbers ,homicide ,crime .vice,sin ,evile and good.

Lost you reliaze that 3 companies own all the tv stations right. The news in this country is so biased its not even funny. This country doesn't have the freedom of press anymore. Americans know less of whats actually happening in the world then most people around the world. I heard somewhere that more outside news about whats going on in the world gets into China then it does here. Thats kinda scary considering china is a communist country, and this is suppose to be land of the free ha.

Back
Top Bottom