Marijuana should not be illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PottyMcGavin

For one, it's a plant, a natural herb, it's been in the worlds history since forever, kings and free people would smoke it. Obviously should not be trying to destroy a piece of nature, history and culture, a piece of freedom as well.
Well another reason is that the punishment is more harmful then the substance...marijuana doesn't cause anyone to act a fool, break laws, and cause trouble.(unlike alcohol). It doesn't kill anyone either...however being jailed is more harmful, what it does to a person inside being jailed like an animal, nevermind going to prison where some go and have to be in the same cell as rapists, murderers, and gangbangers. It's obvious the laws against it hurt more then the substance does..so why is it still illegal?
anyone got any other reasons it should be legal add on!

Re: Marijuana should not be illegal...

who says its not a good idea?...i've drove for 3 years now and high as a kite plenty of times, smoking 9 blunts at once while driving and never have i crashed! And drivings a privelidge so that should have nothing to do with a substance being illegal, so idk why you would even reply with that to be honest. I'll tell you driving with alzheimers is more dangerous then a teen driving while high...theres a lot of things worse then driving high, like old people driving, drunk driving, vision impaired driving, so many more. Just because driving while high might not be the best thing to most, a lot of people shouldn't be driving for tons of reasons but they do anyway and its far more dangerous then people driving high. Go drink a coffee and drive your car...trust me not much of a difference in the high when your driving.

no offense, but you shouldn't drive under the influence, you're probably a big reason it's still illegal.

and this has been a cannabis awareness site since '93 i'm pretty sure they know marijuana SHOULDN'T be illegal.

yeah man kinda preaching to the choir

ok so?...its been a site since 93..it's still illegal..so does that mean we should give up hopes? I'm sure a lot of people know that but we need to put what everyone knows together, and then we can achieve success. If the choir don't sing who's going to listen? and why do you say i'm the reason it's still illegal? that's fucked up and dumb today...i've never got in any accident or done anything stupid while high, so why do you say that? i'm pretty sure YOUR the reason why it's illegal. Speak up against potheads and then say yea yea well i knew that. Well not everyone sees it the same way, so speak for yourself.Legalize marijuana..it'll always be illegal with those mindsets.
btw this site was started for threads like these....i assume your eating popcorn laughing at some stupid thread right now? and i'm the reason it's illegal...righttt.

no offense, but you shouldn't drive under the influence, you're probably a big reason it's still illegal.

and this has been a cannabis awareness site since '93 i'm pretty sure they know marijuana SHOULDN'T be illegal.

the sites best kept secret..

on the topic of cannabis's illegality, the public is just majorly misinformed. definitely a result of the government's continuous disinformation campaign againt the plant.
in Aust. some liberals catergorise marijuana as a "hard drug" rather than a "soft" one. which definitely shows that none of them have ever ever tried it before.
i dont think its something that can be changed in a short time. maybe wen the message of cannabis' harmlessness and medical and spiritual qualities reaches the masses. maybe we'd have a hope.
dont think its something you can win with retelling personal experiences etc. and i think everyone's reaction is different...

but right now...

all we can do is smoke in the privacy of our own home.

and enjoy :)

For one, it's a plant, a natural herb, it's been in the worlds history since forever, kings and free people would smoke it. Obviously should not be trying to destroy a piece of nature, history and culture, a piece of freedom as well.
Well another reason is that the punishment is more harmful then the substance...marijuana doesn't cause anyone to act a fool, break laws, and cause trouble.(unlike alcohol). It doesn't kill anyone either...however being jailed is more harmful, what it does to a person inside being jailed like an animal, nevermind going to prison where some go and have to be in the same cell as rapists, murderers, and gangbangers. It's obvious the laws against it hurt more then the substance does..so why is it still illegal?
anyone got any other reasons it should be legal add on!

if u wanna get that technical, a posession charge will not land you locked up next to rapists & killers. marijuana lands you in jail for a little bit, whereas rapists & killers go to prison. 2 VERY different places. but you're right about the comparison to alcohol, and i.m.o. the sentences do seem to be quite harsh. but on the other hand, at least where i live (southern indiana) they've gotten (in some cases) pretty good about not sending you to jail if you haven't been really causing trouble. if you have a clean record, a lot of the time you'll just get a posession ticket and be sent on your merry way, and just go to court and pay your fine etc. also depends on what the situation is where you got caught. i.e. if you were just driving and got pulled over, weren't high, didn't have much etc then you're most likely just getting a posession charge and paying your fines, no jail involved. if you get busted at a party or something like that, and you're carrying a good amount (and probably being loud etc, hence the party getting busted) then you'll probably spend the night in the drunk tank, court the next morning and go home. i really don't think i know anybody that's been caught and actually done time (other than spendin the night in the holding cell/drunk tank) over a simple small posession charge. but it does get stiffer if you're sellin it (get an intent to distribute charge etc) but even then i know a couple people who've been caught sellin and didn't go to jail (they had a clean record).

with weed charges, the stiffness mostly just depends on what kind of record you have and what the scenario was when you got caught.

on the topic of cannabis's illegality, the public is just majorly misinformed...

...i dont think its something that can be changed in a short time. maybe wen the message of cannabis' harmlessness and medical and spiritual qualities reaches the masses. maybe we'd have a hope.
dont think its something you can win with retelling personal experiences etc. ...

but right now...

all we can do is smoke in the privacy of our own home.

and enjoy :)

well said

It worries me when peeps promote being high and driving. As we near to legalisation, comments along those lines are not going to do our cause any good. We as cannabis users have to be aware that we have to be seen as being responsible. Society will see us as irresponsible if we condone usage in inappropriate situations, particularly driving. Now don't get me wrong here cos I for one love driving when I am high. However, the mission we are on at 420 is to promote cannabis awareness, not the unsafe use of it. IMO.

thansk eppyman :)

True you should never drive under the influence of ANYTHING, and I in no way condone driving while high, but I think we can all agree that it is less dangerous then driving while drunk, be it wrong all the same.

It worries me when peeps promote being high and driving. As we near to legalisation, comments along those lines are not going to do our cause any good. We as cannabis users have to be aware that we have to be seen as being responsible. Society will see us as irresponsible if we condone usage in inappropriate situations, particularly driving. Now don't get me wrong here cos I for one love driving when I am high. However, the mission we are on at 420 is to promote cannabis awareness, not the unsafe use of it. IMO.

I hear ya moose :allgood:

Use it dont abuse it.

I have driven whilst high...an i have paid for it also!

It is illegal for a reason........it got down graded over here in the UK..but a sharp increase in mental health problems escalated as a result...now the government wants to re-classify it again.

There are too many people blazing up...not really understanding what it can potentially do....like alcohol....it can be used in the correct way...but if abused..the consequences can be bad.

Another reason why it is illegal?? It is considered a gateway drug into other types of drug abuse...not saying this is always the case...but research has shown on scale..this is the case.

This site promotes the "awareness". Awareness is needed for sensible usage of cannabis.

End of rant. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Go lordmong :) nice rant

if u wanna get that technical, a posession charge will not land you locked up next to rapists & killers. marijuana lands you in jail for a little bit, whereas rapists & killers go to prison. 2 VERY different places. but you're right about the comparison to alcohol, and i.m.o. the sentences do seem to be quite harsh. but on the other hand, at least where i live (southern indiana) they've gotten (in some cases) pretty good about not sending you to jail if you haven't been really causing trouble. if you have a clean record, a lot of the time you'll just get a posession ticket and be sent on your merry way, and just go to court and pay your fine etc. also depends on what the situation is where you got caught. i.e. if you were just driving and got pulled over, weren't high, didn't have much etc then you're most likely just getting a posession charge and paying your fines, no jail involved. if you get busted at a party or something like that, and you're carrying a good amount (and probably being loud etc, hence the party getting busted) then you'll probably spend the night in the drunk tank, court the next morning and go home. i really don't think i know anybody that's been caught and actually done time (other than spendin the night in the holding cell/drunk tank) over a simple small posession charge. but it does get stiffer if you're sellin it (get an intent to distribute charge etc) but even then i know a couple people who've been caught sellin and didn't go to jail (they had a clean record).

with weed charges, the stiffness mostly just depends on what kind of record you have and what the scenario was when you got caught.

if you want to reply to me as if i'm wrong..make sure your right. If you get caught with a marijuana plant and not mmj user, you go to prison! next to murderers and rapists!

as for the whole high while driving thing, lets just stop talking about it theres been threads "driving while high" post in there, because it seems all of you are saying it should be illegal b/c we'd be able to drive high if it was legal. We're all responsible and we know whats right and wrong when high so lets not throw in situations that make it illegal. It's like someone mentioning smoking with 16 year olds and thats why its illegal, thats rediculous responses..stick to the thread.

if you want to reply to me as if i'm wrong..make sure your right. If you get caught with a marijuana plant and not mmj user, you go to prison! next to murderers and rapists!

as for the whole high while driving thing, lets just stop talking about it theres been threads "driving while high" post in there, because it seems all of you are saying it should be illegal b/c we'd be able to drive high if it was legal. We're all responsible and we know whats right and wrong when high so lets not throw in situations that make it illegal. It's like someone mentioning smoking with 16 year olds and thats why its illegal, thats rediculous responses..stick to the thread.

Whaaaa? In what country do you go to prison for having one plant?? Wow! Did not know that.....you would just get a caution over here...nothing else.

Another reason why it is illegal?? It is considered a gateway drug into other types of drug abuse...not saying this is always the case...but research has shown on scale..this is the case.
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Non-federal studies have dispelled yet another myth. There have been several studies showing mj is no more a gateway drug than alcohol or cigs. The last study I read about said over 80% of mj users had never used hard drugs and that for 70 million users it was a terminus "drug" rather than a gateway drug.

Umm, no dude, I live in a state without MMJ and even here one plant will not get you sent to state prison, nor will small possesion (under thirty grams, I think) at least not for a first offense. If you get hit with "intent to distribute," its a whole other story, I have a friend currently facing three-to-five (that's years, by the way) upstate when the pigs finally catch up. The statue of limitations is seven years, he's got almost one under his belt and intends to wait it out, I hope he can, but the odds are against him.

Driving while high, yeah, I do it, but then my life has been largely marked by bad decisions, and just because I can drive despite all manner of adverse conditions doesn't mean everyone can. Hell I have little enough faith in the abilities of 99% of sober drivers to really recomend stoned driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom