Marijuana soon to be legal (decriminalized, at least)?

shagywashere

I've been watching closely the candidates for President this year and it seems a lot of them are actually opposing the federal War on Drugs! It's not just the independents or just one guy saying it, it seems about 5 or 6 of them are actually against it! A surprising thing is that most of the people who oppose it are Republicans with only about 2 Democrats saying they don't really support it. The most notable of them was Ron Paul, he vows to push the get the laws done with immediately and who also would push to get rid of other unfair laws in our society. Do you guys think this is a step-forward for us, or do you think it's just BS like normal? It just seems every year that we're getting closer and closer to stopping this war. I hope this Ron guy gets elected, he seems pretty damn intelligent from what I've seen!

some information on Pon Paul
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

FUCK THE ILLEGAL WAR ON DRUGS

I think it would be a very brave act of a politician to come out openly in a Federal election to support the legalisation or decriminalisation of marijuana. That is what makes Ron Paul so special, in that he has the moral fortitude to speak the truth, rather than pandering to the moral majority.
As for the moral majority, look what happened to Paris Hilton. Those folks who must have pressured the police and prosecutors would not bat an eye if it were not one of their own on trial. Given the smae circumstances with a normal individual, they would have called for the death penalty.
Winning against the moral majority is an onerous and complex task.

I like what I've seen of him. I think America could make good progress with him as president, and I mean that in general, not just with the pathetic war on drugs.

Yeah....anyone who would dare attempt to adhere to government actually following the constitution is far too radical.:laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

What are his views on Iraq, Korea, Kyoto Accord on global warming, Iran and nuclear? I would like to know more about the man.

He wants to leave Iraq immediately because he supports a non-interventionalist government. We invaded Iraq unconstitutionally by entering without a declaration by congress.

We need to convince the moral majority that jesus was a pothead. hehe I'll smoke one up for jesus's sake

I think me and Anf will be voting for him next year :) we support the libertarian party.

yes, ron paul has some great ideas. i am a very liberal man and i agree with most of the things he says. however, you do not want him as our president right now, trust me. and he will never get elected anyway, he has absolutely no chance. hes just too radical man, and most of the shit he says will never happen and many will probably not work under today's government and today's popular opinion. the president is not a dictator, we have a system of checks and balances and i can assure you the other 2 branches of govt will not allow much of the stuff he proposes.

a good thing to know is that i belive all democratic candidates have spoken against the war on drugs, including some republicans as well. that gives us a good chance of seeing some change to federal law eventually. many are more serious about it than others tho, so we'll see.

@Songa: You seem to be seriously mis-informed man! Check out these links: Feature: Presidential Contenders and Drug Policy I -- Democrats | Stop the Drug War (DRCNet)
On Ron Paul's Chances and Opinion Polling by Lasse Pitkaniemi

Seems like we South Africans know more about American politics than Americans do, hehe :cheesygrinsmiley:

He's definitely making progress!
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Back
Top Bottom