Marley's Continual Grow - Hempy - CMH - Modular Scrog - OC+

Marley15

Hi all and welcome to my grow in progress. I finally got a camera so I will be able to document the remainder of my grow and harvest here. I was able to grab a few photo's from the start of my grow, but early documentation will be limited. Tonight will be day 42 of 12/12 for both my Diablo Og and Larry OG.

Ok here is what this grow consists of...

Using 11 liter Hempy buckets with 100% perlite.
Started with DM red and later top coated with OC+.
Using a 250w Ceramic Metal Halide open hood.
Each plant has its own Scrog (modular scrogs).
Other supplements include: Silica Blast, Hygrozyme, Cal/mag+, and Snow Storm Ultra. I also used a bit of Superthrive in the earlier stages. I water with only R/O as I've had nothing but trouble with tap & rainwater.

My grow space is only 23"x27"x55" so I am trying to maximize my space for yield. Majority of my ideas came from other 420 members. The basic idea for my first grow was: K.I.S.S and I think I achieved that (so far).

Ok pictures!

This was day 3 after getting the clones. Clones were probably a couple weeks old when I got them (maybe older).

Day 3 Diablo OG
V3_002_phixr.JPG

Day 3 Larry OG
V3_003_phixr.JPG

Day 3 Group Shot
V3_004_phixr.JPG

Day 3 Group overhead
V3_006_phixr.JPG

I ran into some early troubles as you can see from the pictures. When I got the clones home I immediately put them into mini hempies 100% perlite. The leaves began to droop almost immediately and stayed that way for about a week, maybe two. I needed to water more! Water at least 2 times a day in your hempies until the roots hit the res.

About a week and a half later I was able to grab these shots. They had been transfered into their final pots, 11 liter hempies. As you can see they are much perkier than before, but have some residual damage on the lower fan leaves from mag deficiency. I solved this by using some epsom salts as a foliar, and also cal/mag+. I used cal/mag every watering from here on out.

Larry OG 1
V3_007_phixr.JPG

Larry OG 2
V3_010_phixr.JPG

Diablo OG 1
V3_009_phixr.JPG

Diablo OG 2
V3_008_phixr.JPG

Group: Diablo's are in the back, Larry's in the front.
V3_011_phixr.JPG

re: Marley's Continual Grow - Hempy, CMH, Modular Scrog, OC+

A few days after those previous shots I put the Scrogs on. Each plant has its own individual screen. This enables me to take the plants out for maintenance whenever need be and can also raise/lower each individual pot for an even canopy. Credit VerdantGreen for these Mod. Scrogs. Great grower that deserves the shout out.

Larry OG fitted with Scrog.
V3_016_phixr.JPG

Shot of both Larrys under their Scrogs.
V3_015_phixr.JPG

This being my first time doing this I really had no idea when to flip the switch. To complicate things even more, the Larry OGs are sativa dominant and the Diablo's are indica dominant. As I was soon to find out, the sativa's stretch way more. I should be able to gauge things a bit better next grow.

Alright things start to get interesting now! I vegged the plants for only a few more days under the Scrogs then flipped the 12/12 switch. Here is some shots at day 21 of 12/12..

Diablo OG
V3_027_phixr.JPG

V3_029_phixr.JPG

V3_020_phixr.JPG

V3_021_phixr_5_.JPG

Group Shots, Diablo's left, Larry's right.
V3_017_phixr_5_.JPG

V3_030_phixr.JPG

Larry OG
V3_040_phixr_4_.JPG

Unfortunately I did not get many individual shots of the Larry's. At this stage the Diablo's looked much more frosty and dank so I focused the pictures on them. I had no intention of keeping a journal at that time. :(

Here is a shot of the entire cab
V3_034_phixr.JPG

Things really started to take off at this point. Majority of the leaves were healthy and green.

And now we're virtually caught up! These last remaining photo's were from Saturday night. Day 40 of 12/12..

Larry OG
V3_068_phixr.JPG

Diablo OG
V3_046_phixr.JPG

Group
V3_060_phixr.JPG

I'll get some more up soon. This uploading takes forever. Hope you all enjoy!

:peacetwo:

Marley

Thats a awesome first grow!!! Looking very tasty!

Thanks BK, and congrats on your first harvest just checked out your journal. 200g's of some dank Burmese Kush :goodjob:

Feel free to pull up a chair, should only have a few more weeks to go on this one. :)

:peace:

Marley! You got a nice carpet going, Subscribed..:goodluck:

Yo whatup Sisco, welcome aboard!

These mod Scrogs are awesome for the canopy. Can easily manipulate each one up or down depending on what they need.

Thanks for stopping by!! Gonna need all the good help possible as these get closer to finish.

Looks good man, looks like your yield is going to be great. subscribed!

Hey ThinkFab, welcome :). I sure do hope so on the yield thing but this being my first grow and all I really have no clue, haha! Ideally I am looking for an ounce off each plant, that is my short term goal. This grow is just a learning experience with the added benefit of some meds at the end.

I've learned a lot over the last 4-5 months, that's for damn sure. Hopin to dial it in now. Gonna go check out your grow.

You have some lovely looking ladies in your cab~~ Wow! An idea just hit me about about the mini hempys.... put the hole up near the roots in the beginning and gradually move it down... Now I dont grow hempys, but when I read about having to water more than once a day I thought of that. I dont think it would be hard to punch another hole lower, every so many days.

That's an excellent idea with the holes Tmac!

I'm very impressed Marley. You took your time, did your homework, and nailed it your first time out. The setup and plants all look outstanding.... great job :welldone:

You have some lovely looking ladies in your cab~~ Wow! An idea just hit me about about the mini hempys.... put the hole up near the roots in the beginning and gradually move it down... Now I dont grow hempys, but when I read about having to water more than once a day I thought of that. I dont think it would be hard to punch another hole lower, every so many days.

Hi Tmac! Thanks for stopping by. I think that is a great idea with the mini hempies. My only concern would be potentially drowning the roots if you don't set the holes correctly. In theory it seems great. I'm at the stage right now where I just copy other people's ideas, haha. Kinda scared to go off on my own and do stuff. Guess that comes with experience which brings about confidence. Would love to hear Doc comment on the idea.

That's an excellent idea with the holes Tmac!

I'm very impressed Marley. You took your time, did your homework, and nailed it your first time out. The setup and plants all look outstanding.... great job :welldone:

Thanks BD! I would be nowhere without this site and the information made available by good growers across the globe. It's really amazing the access we have to information nowadays..just 10-15 yrs ago things were crazy different!

"In this time of free thought it'd be a shame to let it rot.."

Hopin for a strong finish..no more trying different water, or anything for that matter! Speakin of which, I still have no clue to wtf happened with my ladies..I'll post in some more detail here to what I did exactly and can maybe get some info..I'm sure it was me and not the rain. :Rasta:

So it's official. The room that is holding the grow cab stinks! I have to run my DIY Ona Bucket almost constantly. Dunno if the carbon filter is bunk or if I'm just exhausting too quickly?

I have the 4" fan/filter combo from HTG. Next grow I will be looking for a different filter. Any suggestions out there?

WOW! :thumb:

Everything is just like Blue said. You did the homework and nailed it first time! :yummy:

Congratulations :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hey OMM, welcome to my journal!

I appreciate the compliments, a lot of hard work went into the setup but was all worth it. I really owe everything to the great growers around, like yourself! The people of 420mag are awesome - the discussions here are full of great info while maintaining a level of maturity and respect I see nowhere else. The community here really amazes me, as the net is filled with jackasses.

Counting down the days now, day 45 12/12 tonight. The Larry's 'look' closer to finishing than the Diablo's but I won't know for sure until this weekend when I pick up my scope at Radioshack. Looking forward to some trich action!

I've been lazy about pictures, will prob update around week 7. Thanks for stopping by.

Yep! The good part of the grow now.....waiting! :yummy:

You did do some good work. No Joke! :thumb:

If you've never looked through a Radio Shack scope, be ready for a brand new world. One of my favorite things to do. :Rasta:

Marley, what an awesome job you've done here! Your setup is fantastic and your results equally so. That system seems to really maximize the use of space. Your yield per square foot seems to be outstanding. I'll look forward to hearing the final dry tally. This is only the second Hempy grow I've read am I am wholly impressed. :bravo:

So it's official. The room that is holding the grow cab stinks! I have to run my DIY Ona Bucket almost constantly. Dunno if the carbon filter is bunk or if I'm just exhausting too quickly?

I have the 4" fan/filter combo from HTG. Next grow I will be looking for a different filter. Any suggestions out there?

I'm working on a solution to that. I have made 3 filters so far. Working on the perfect balance of cfm and filtration of smell. I'll have to make a post about it.

Back
Top Bottom