Marley's Continual Grow - Hempy - CMH - Modular Scrog - OC+

Re: Marley's Continual Grow - Hempy, CMH, Modular Scrog, OC+

WOW!!! :thedoubletake:

Beautiful buds, Marley!!! Great job! :bravo:

Those trich's look awesome! :welldone:
FYI...I'm not an expert in diagnosing these types of issues, but it looks like a late-stage calcium deficiency to me.

Here's an example of late-stage Calcium deficiency from the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial:

1134calcium-11.jpg

Have you been using R/O water and/or adding Cal/Mag???

Hey Krip, I appreciate you trying to dig up an answer for me. :)
Ya I use r/o water and supplement with cal/mag. I am also using CNS-17 from Botanicare which is a Coco specific nute that adds some extra cal in it. Those spots from a cal deficiency have a similar pattern as mine, but I believe the cal ones are rust colored? The ones on my leaves are a white-cream colored and also appear to be a 'growth' on the leaf. Idk man, it really confuzzles me all up. :reading420magazine:

Beautiful nugs and pics Marley!

Those leaves look nasty, I have no idea what that could be. Hopefully someone else does.

In any event this close to the chop you should be in good shape. Good job :bravo:

Haha thanks BD, yes nasty is exactly what I thought and why I freaked out and chopped a few colas off. Last thing I wanted was for it to take over my grow!

Brother, I have absolutely no idea what caused that. Excuse my medicated memory but have you foliar fed? Or Sprayed anything on them?

As far as the pics go... Simply beautiful my friend. Those calyxes are insane!

...Plus you're not smoking those leaves anyway :)

No foliar feed, thats what I thought to myself for a sec..'did I ever foliar feed this bitch anything?' Last time was waay back in veg so there is no way thats it. I'm stumped man!

Thanks ya the calyxes are pretty fat but the bud's themselves are not real dense and have a sativa-ish look to them. Your's have much nicer structure imo. :)

Browski!!! Those buds are flippin beautiful!!! Haha...looking excellent my friend, as for the def. Im sorry but Idk what its from either..Looks like Krip mite be close with it but yours still seem a lil dif then what he suggested. Keep it up tho, great work bro

Man Marley - not sure what that is on the leaves, but your buds look fantastic!

Thank you I appreciate it guys. Those leaves are funky and for the sake of knowing, would really love to know wtf it is! Maybe if I post it in the problems section it will get some more eyes.

Couple of dry nug pics this weekend!

:peace:

Cant wait to see the pics this weekend...so far its looking great bro. Sorry I couldnt be of more help on the def. tho as I know how that has got to feel with you being so close to the end

Cant wait to see the pics this weekend...so far its looking great bro. Sorry I couldnt be of more help on the def. tho as I know how that has got to feel with you being so close to the end

Thanks bro,

Tbh I'm not too concerned about it unless it comes back with a vengeance--the last couple of days it's been fairly dormant.

I also trimmed a bunch of fans last night to open up the canopy a bit more. Things were pretty thick and would be devastated if I got bud rot or PM. Something I should have done weeks ago.

Thanks bro,

Tbh I'm not too concerned about it unless it comes back with a vengeance--the last couple of days it's been fairly dormant.

I also trimmed a bunch of fans last night to open up the canopy a bit more. Things were pretty thick and would be devastated if I got bud rot or PM. Something I should have done weeks ago.

Hey Man.:)

I hate those kinds of moments when you really forget something staring you right in the face everyday.:)

I did it a few minutes ago. I was watering my little 5 week sprouts.
I went back sit down and looked at them and "Holy Sh*t". I haven't topped them!". Better late than never. :high-five:

Few more weeks and you'r stinking up the house with drying herbs :)
Very soon my friend, probably going to chop this weekend..maybe the weekend after if I'm feeling patient. :)
Hey Man.:)

I hate those kinds of moments when you really forget something staring you right in the face everyday.:)

I did it a few minutes ago. I was watering my little 5 week sprouts.
I went back sit down and looked at them and "Holy Sh*t". I haven't topped them!". Better late than never. :high-five:

Hey OMM.

Yes it was pretty dumb and I could have had some issues by ignoring it. Again I've learned a lot from this grow as I imagine I will from every grow here on out.

I agree tho, better late than never for sure! :Rasta:

Quick update:

Things are still rolling along. I've had no more 'funky leaf' issues, thankfully. It has been really hot here in So Cal these last few days, and will be for a few more. My cab is sitting at 85-90 degrees, way too hot. Luckily I'm at the end.

I've decided to chop this weekend, and I may just chop the whole damn thing and avoid the double harvest. Still haven't 100% made my mind up.

The nugs I pulled last week have been curing for a few days. The RH has been super low lately, 10-20% so I've been extra careful about drying. Currently sitting around 62-65% RH in the jar after several hours. The stank is coming on and improving every time I burp them. The nugs themselves are not dense and that somewhat disappoints me. I'll get the weight and pics soon. :yummy:

Right now I'm not sure what to do next go around. I have a possible vacation coming up in the beginning of July, roughly 2 months out. I don't have many competent people around me that I would trust to keep my ladies going for a week+ during peek flowering.

Quick update:

Things are still rolling along. I've had no more 'funky leaf' issues, thankfully. It has been really hot here in So Cal these last few days, and will be for a few more. My cab is sitting at 85-90 degrees, way too hot. Luckily I'm at the end.

I've decided to chop this weekend, and I may just chop the whole damn thing and avoid the double harvest. Still haven't 100% made my mind up.

The nugs I pulled last week have been curing for a few days. The RH has been super low lately, 10-20% so I've been extra careful about drying. Currently sitting around 62-65% RH in the jar after several hours. The stank is coming on and improving every time I burp them. The nugs themselves are not dense and that somewhat disappoints me. I'll get the weight and pics soon. :yummy:

Right now I'm not sure what to do next go around. I have a possible vacation coming up in the beginning of July, roughly 2 months out. I don't have many competent people around me that I would trust to keep my ladies going for a week+ during peek flowering.

Hey Bud, :)

Sounds like your between a rock and a hard place. Unless you plant some quick finishing autos. Probably not your choice. I really understand having no one around that could help.
What ever you do, I'll be looking for you.:thumb:

Hey Marley!

Those pesky vacations can really mess with a grow :)

I've got the same issue later this year, I'm thinking of starting some clones before I go. I think they could run ok for a week without me. Take care bro :peace:

Same thing is happening up here...high temps and low humidity. I'm glad I harvested last week. May have saved the overall quality of the bud.

:Namaste:

Hey Bud, :)

Sounds like your between a rock and a hard place. Unless you plant some quick finishing autos. Probably not your choice. I really understand having no one around that could help.
What ever you do, I'll be looking for you.:thumb:

Hey Marley!

Those pesky vacations can really mess with a grow :)

I've got the same issue later this year, I'm thinking of starting some clones before I go. I think they could run ok for a week without me. Take care bro :peace:

Hey guys! Yes those damn vacations sure do screw things up! Still haven't 100% made my mind up, but I'm thinking I'm just gonna grow some shit and see what happens. May have to give my roommate a crash course when the time comes. I'm more concerned with having to board my dog, he's got some attachment and anxiety issues.

Same thing is happening up here...high temps and low humidity. I'm glad I harvested last week. May have saved the overall quality of the bud.

:Namaste:

Hey GF congrats on again on your harvest, those nugs looked dank! The heat for sure is a bad thing but I've heard that low humidity during the final stage of flowering can actually help produce more resin. Might be just a myth though, I really have no basis for that idea other than hearing it from others.

I'm harvesting for sure tomorrow night and saturday. They have been flushing for about 2 weeks and majority of the nugs look nice and mature. Looking forward to it. :)

Hey guys! Yes those damn vacations sure do screw things up! Still haven't 100% made my mind up, but I'm thinking I'm just gonna grow some shit and see what happens. May have to give my roommate a crash course when the time comes. I'm more concerned with having to board my dog, he's got some attachment and anxiety issues.

Hey GF congrats on again on your harvest, those nugs looked dank! The heat for sure is a bad thing but I've heard that low humidity during the final stage of flowering can actually help produce more resin. Might be just a myth though, I really have no basis for that idea other than hearing it from others.

I'm harvesting for sure tomorrow night and saturday. They have been flushing for about 2 weeks and majority of the nugs look nice and mature. Looking forward to it. :)

Hey Marley - first of all, good luck with the harvest and the vacation a couple of months from now - all good stuff! I know what you mean about being gone - it's a difficult issue to plan for sure.

I think the low humidity probably does help with resin production. All living things have procreation as their top priority, and lower humidity is probably a stress put on the plant similar to outdoor humidities declining toward winter, perhaps?

I got some advice a while back that I also believe in, which is to do a bit of "manhandling" of your plants the last couple of weeks. Not to rough them up necessarily, but just moving, pulling branches and very lightly stressing the plants a bit. If I remember right the theory is that it also causes the plant to produce more resin in an attempt to procreate before the end of it's lifecycle. I really believe this to be true. Have you ever noticed that your plants smell a lot stronger after you go in and trim, lst, fiddle with them? I notice it pretty clearly, and I'm guessing it's due to increased resin production in response to light stresses. Obviously you need to be careful not to stress them too much, but it makes sense to me. I literally shake the branches lightly toward the end and manipulate them around some, and they really stink afterwards. Maybe it's a myth, but I think there is something to it...

Hey Marley - first of all, good luck with the harvest and the vacation a couple of months from now - all good stuff! I know what you mean about being gone - it's a difficult issue to plan for sure.

I think the low humidity probably does help with resin production. All living things have procreation as their top priority, and lower humidity is probably a stress put on the plant similar to outdoor humidities declining toward winter, perhaps?

I got some advice a while back that I also believe in, which is to do a bit of "manhandling" of your plants the last couple of weeks. Not to rough them up necessarily, but just moving, pulling branches and very lightly stressing the plants a bit. If I remember right the theory is that it also causes the plant to produce more resin in an attempt to procreate before the end of it's lifecycle. I really believe this to be true. Have you ever noticed that your plants smell a lot stronger after you go in and trim, lst, fiddle with them? I notice it pretty clearly, and I'm guessing it's due to increased resin production in response to light stresses. Obviously you need to be careful not to stress them too much, but it makes sense to me. I literally shake the branches lightly toward the end and manipulate them around some, and they really stink afterwards. Maybe it's a myth, but I think there is something to it...

Hey Xlr, that makes perfect sense to me too. Living things will do whatever it takes to survive and procreate. :Rasta:

Harvested on Fri and Sat, and still didn't finish. It was a ridiculous amount of work for only 1 plant--much more so then my last go around. Trimmed about 80% of the nugs, the other 20% are drying with the leaves..I'll trim when they dry. Although this was not done on purpose, I will get somewhat of an idea the difference between the two drying methods.

The smell was overwhelming, glad I did this before I got the new roommate in...

Snapped a few pics and will put them asap, the roots were insane. I lost no material at all when I lifted the coco/roots up, it was all held in place. Not only that, I was unable to break it apart without some serious effort. Was like a basket of roots supporting the coco medium, tripped me out!

Next time I need to do a better job trimming the plant during its life cycle. This will make things a bit easier during harvest and also allow the lower bud sites to get some light. I have a bunch of popcorn nugs.

Should have some total weight #'s by Friday or so. I definitely have much more plant mass this time, but the buds are not quite as dense..although they did thicken up a bit from the nugs I picked two weeks prior. Anywhere around 5z's and I'll be happy.

Also smoked a bit of the curing, early picked AlienD and I was stoked! I liked the buzz and taste, which is awesome for me (only 1 week cure)! For reference I usually like maybe 30% of the meds I pick up from dispensaries...and that's bud that I check out/smell before hand!

Hey Xlr, that makes perfect sense to me too. Living things will do whatever it takes to survive and procreate. :Rasta:

I've given up procreating, but practice the steps as often as possible :thumb:

My RH was a bit low in my grow once flower started. High 20's to low 40's IIRC. The trichs were pumping out like crazy. I think the Northern Lights DNA also had something to do with it too though.

... Then the plants slipped into diabetic comas from all the sugar, I pulled the plug and they are now being smoked :).

What's up Marley, just caught up on your journal. Sucks I am late, but better late than never. First grow looks like you did very well, congrats. As for this one, buds look very nice.

I would not have anyone look after my plants either. Last summer I had to go away for a little over a week and my plants suffered. I would rather put off the grow for a little instead of trying to find someone who is competent enough to look after the plant. I think most people I know would be pinching of nugs.

Anyway, very nice job and look forward to seeing you next grow. Hopefully from the beginning this time. Bless.

Back
Top Bottom