Marley's Continual Grow - Hempy - CMH - Modular Scrog - OC+

It shouldn't be a crapshoot if the growers know what they are doing AND passing along their best cut......got to remember herms are a genetic predisposition for most sativa strains (especially late in the game). But yeah, I prefer clones--no bugs.

Hey OG13,

Ya I agree with you, but the fact is there is waay too much greed in this industry..and tons of demand. Dispensaries pop up left and right and try to satisfy the demand by taking whatever, whenever.

Growers with elite cuts do NOT give them to the public, rather they have a close circle of people who they trade with. Tons of people say they have such and such cut, but in reality its just garbage..or has mold, or bugs, etc..

The Cali scene is a mess in this regard, and it's only getting worse.

Having said all that, I can't completely place the hermies on the genetics. My cab has been rather warm for the entire grow..82-88 degrees. I'm sure they have been a bit stressed because of this, but stable genetics should be able to cope. I understand OG's can be touchy, especially late..but I would not expect hermies under these conditions from a legit Raskal OG seed -> Mom->clones that have been tested.

Haha ok, /rant off. Harvest tomorrow, I'll toss some pics up next week.

:peacetwo:

Hey Marley -

:goodluck: with the harvest, and the new seeds! Sorry there was some hermie issues starting, but hoping you get some killer smoke anyway. Take care my friend,

X

Hey Marley -

:goodluck: with the harvest, and the new seeds! Sorry there was some hermie issues starting, but hoping you get some killer smoke anyway. Take care my friend,

X

Yo Xlr,

Not sure the damage yet, should know a bit more tomorrow..hoping for limited seeds..:goodluck: to me lol.

Gonna head to the a clinic tonight and grab some good smoke for the weekend harvest. Always a lot of work but damn fun nonetheless. Take care bud, really hope you are feeling better.

:peace:

Those are some fabulous flowers bro :adore:

I loves me rice and beans :bravo:

Hey Sisco, thanks for the kind words! Can't wait to pop the beans, very soon..

Jarred up everything lastnight, RH in the jars was about 70-75%, so I'll wait a couple weeks to get the dry weight. The Raskal OG's were not impressive after the dry, hopefully a cure will bring them back.

The Alien Bubbas, however, looked dank! Nice rock hard, golfball sized nugs. Smells real fresh, cant wait for the cure on these..I'm almost positive it is going to reek of Bubba coffee stank.

Meant to bring my cam to work today and upload some shots, but I forgot it at home :( I'll get them up soon.

Hmmm...just went to check ------'s journal...can't find it....not happy.

Tons of good info in those things, hope they aren't gone forever..that would be a real loss to future growers.

^^^ yep he's gone, sadface, Doc was the man.

Edit: Also peace to 52, never got to say late..grower's be disappearing left and right. Saw his last message from the email alert but by the time I checked it..was long gone.

Hmmm...just went to check ------'s journal...can't find it....not happy.

Tons of good info in those things, hope they aren't gone forever..that would be a real loss to future growers.

^^^ yep he's gone, sadface, Doc was the man.

Edit: Also peace to 52, never got to say late..grower's be disappearing left and right. Saw his last message from the email alert but by the time I checked it..was long gone.

Always sad seeing our buddies go but usually the mod's move the journals to "Complete" and change the name of the owner. I was just reading one of Irish's old journals and his name was changed to "Lao Tzu" (or something like that!) which doesn't even sound Irish! :)

Always sad seeing our buddies go but usually the mod's move the journals to "Complete" and change the name of the owner. I was just reading one of Irish's old journals and his name was changed to "Lao Tzu" (or something like that!) which doesn't even sound Irish! :)

Ya I hope that's the case, there was some major gold in DBuds journals. Haha, I did notice that about Irish and thought the same thing. :laugh:

Alright small update..

Here are a few shots before harvest. I only took pics of the first plant which was an Alien Bubba. You can see how much screen was not covered, and thus a small yield. Knew it was coming, I'll have the number's in a week or so. I'm real excited for this one after a nice cure, it looks and smells pretty darn good. Wish I had taken clones of her, was very easy to grow and did well in the Scrog for an Indica..just needed a couple more weeks veg. She barely stretched.
P8130427.JPG
P8130430.JPG
P8130431.JPG

These are a couple shots of my veg cab I recently put together. Just used some left over poly, computer fan, and an old 96w fish tank compact florescent. Spent roughly $10 and that was just for some hardware. :) I'll grab a zipper from HD and make a front door..that will be another $10. Then a replacement bulb for the CFL..it's a quad tube 96w, and they make a 6700k bulb. Mine is currently 50/50 10k/actinic. $70 total for a veg cab, pretty sweet!
P8150438.JPG
P8180439.JPG

And then my baby..got this piece about a month ago. It's a Gridded Jumbo Showerhead to Disc and DWB is the artist/blower. Had the pleasure of hanging with him for a few hours and watched him blow a couple slides. Good things to come from this guy.
P8130432.JPG
P8130434.JPG
P8130433.JPG
P8130437.JPG

Hey Sisco, thanks for the kind words! Can't wait to pop the beans, very soon..

Jarred up everything lastnight, RH in the jars was about 70-75%, so I'll wait a couple weeks to get the dry weight. The Raskal OG's were not impressive after the dry, hopefully a cure will bring them back.

The Alien Bubbas, however, looked dank! Nice rock hard, golfball sized nugs. Smells real fresh, cant wait for the cure on these..I'm almost positive it is going to reek of Bubba coffee stank.

Meant to bring my cam to work today and upload some shots, but I forgot it at home :( I'll get them up soon.

I'm confused, again.. lol I thought rh should be 60-65% in jars.. I'll have to look that up, I'm sure you know what your doing anyway. l'll keep posted for them dry weights and pics.:thumb:

I'm confused, again.. lol I thought rh should be 60-65% in jars.. I'll have to look that up, I'm sure you know what your doing anyway. l'll keep posted for them dry weights and pics.:thumb:

You are absolutely correct Sisco! I'm always scared to overdry so I take them down a bit early and monitor the RH closely. This is why I didn't give the dry weight yet, it's still a bit wet. :yummy:

I'd rather be safe than sorry, once it's overdried the curing is done for.

2/2 Whitefires have germinated! Threw them under my 96w CFL this morning, we'll see what happens. Planted them straight in some FFOF, took the first one ~3days the other ~3 1/2 days to pop. They still have their helmets on.

The other goods are still drying, prob have numbers in a week.

Pulled just under 2 zips from the Alien Bubba..

Current grow is still rolling along, both seedlings are alive..one is thriving the other is playing catch-up.

Waiting on my 400w CMH to come in the mail and I will switch em over to the large cab.

Go go whitefires.

Those are some pretty buds broda' How's that cured aroma?

Thanks Sisco, they smell very kushy when broken up or squeezed a bit..just sitting there they still smell a hint green. Hopefully a couple more weeks and that will dissipate completely.

The flavor is lacking, which kinda bums me out..one of the main reasons I went soil. It does burn real clean and smooth though, down to a nice white ash with no throat irritation.

The high creeps and after about 10 minutes you realize you are staring off into nothingness..then about 15 minutes later its bed time! Haha, very indica dominant but not overly stoney..if that even makes sense.

Here are some pics of the current grow..

Whitefire seedlings just popped and put under the CFL 8/23/11
P8230448.JPG
P8230449.JPG

Whitefire's 9/14/11
P9140486.JPG
P9140487.JPG
P9140485.JPG

The small one on the left had trouble getting her helmet off. She lost several days because I was a noob and didn't know what to do. Water is the key! Mist the little sucker a few times a day, this will moisten's the seed membrane and assists the seedling in getting that sucker off. Once I started misting she got rid of the helmet in a couple days.

She also lacked the root development of the other one and when I transplanted to the 3gal pot, her root ball crumbled! Thought I may have lost her when that happened but I managed to save her, those two things combined have runted her good. Really wanted to get them both planted perfectly with soil up to the rim of the pot, but it didn't happen with the runt..when the rootball collapsed I just got it into dirt asap. Hopefully she can catch-up.

I'm going to try and start a perpetual White Fire OG journal here fairly soon. The plan is to get these girls grown up a bit more, clone them, flower them, check out the goods, then clone the clones (who are now mother's) and get up and running again.

I still have 9 White Fire seeds to pop so I will continue my hunt for a dank pheno or two or three and try to perfect the strain. I will be trying both regular soil and coco hempys to test and see which I prefer for the pheno's I select. I am also interested to see the difference between the CMH I have been running compared to a HPS bulb for flowering.

This is my plan for the next year or so, time to get dialed in.

Back
Top Bottom