Marley's Continual Grow - Hempy - CMH - Modular Scrog - OC+

Here are a few important things I learned while germinating my first seeds..

1. If you are going to use soil, plant the seedling directly into the soil in a starter cup approx 1/4-1/2 inch deep.

2. The germinating area needs to be warm. High 70's -80 degrees.

3. Make sure the soil is moist before you put the seed in the dirt, don't let the top of the soil dry out.

4. Check them every 12 hours and get them under some light as soon as they pop, this will help them not stretch too much.

5. Get a fan on those little girls asap! Combination of bad lighting and no air movement makes for skinny stems that won't support the growing plant.

6. Mist the seedling a few times a day to help it remove the seed casing. The water loosens the membrane on the inside of the helmet and helps the cotyledons emerge.

Stoked my two little girls made it even though I did a lot of things wrong. Learned a ton and am much more confident for my future seedlings well being. Hopefully this info will help someone new in the future, don't stress they want to grow..just help them a little and they will be just fine!

Here are a few important things I learned while germinating my first seeds..

1. If you are going to use soil, plant the seedling directly into the soil in a starter cup approx 1/4-1/2 inch deep.

2. The germinating area needs to be warm. High 70's -80 degrees.

3. Make sure the soil is moist before you put the seed in the dirt, don't let the top of the soil dry out.

4. Check them every 12 hours and get them under some light as soon as they pop, this will help them not stretch too much.

5. Get a fan on those little girls asap! Combination of bad lighting and no air movement makes for skinny stems that won't support the growing plant.

6. Mist the seedling a few times a day to help it remove the seed casing. The water loosens the membrane on the inside of the helmet and helps the cotyledons emerge.

Stoked my two little girls made it even though I did a lot of things wrong. Learned a ton and am much more confident for my future seedlings well being. Hopefully this info will help someone new in the future, don't stress they want to grow..just help them a little and they will be just fine!

Way to go Marley!:yahoo:
That was a great post about starting seeds.....perfectly done! :thumb:

Hey Marley, have you run anything besides CMH yet...I believe you are satisfied?

Way to go Marley!:yahoo:
That was a great post about starting seeds.....perfectly done! :thumb:

Thanks OMM! I was really nervous about my first seedlings but it all turned out alright.

Hey Marley!

Great looking Alien Bubba nugs. Also, your vegging plants look really healthy. :thumb:

Thanks Xlr, hope your feeling better man.

Hey Marley, have you run anything besides CMH yet...I believe you are satisfied?

CMH only so far. I am satisfied, but left wondering what if..I used a HPS instead? I know the CMH can handle the grow all the way through, does extremely well in veg, but just not sure if it outperforms a HPS in flower. I intend to do a little comparing in the future.

So my 400w CMH bulb finally came in the mail..10 business days later. Began to screw it in and it cracked, barely put any pressure on it! Advanced tech lighting is a joke, I called the guy 4-5 times and left two messages wondering what was up with the shipping delay and he NEVER called back. I will not be using their service or recommending them, ever.

So my 400w CMH bulb finally came in the mail..10 business days later. Began to screw it in and it cracked, barely put any pressure on it! Advanced tech lighting is a joke, I called the guy 4-5 times and left two messages wondering what was up with the shipping delay and he NEVER called back. I will not be using their service or recommending them, ever.

Hey Marley - sure sorry to hear that. Bummer! :goodluck: my friend.

Hey Marley - sure sorry to hear that. Bummer! :goodluck: my friend.

Hey thanks Xlr, still using my 250w non air cooled hood cus of that lamer!@

So I took my first clones ever the other day, took 4 from each of the two Whitefires I've got going. Used Rapid Rooters and some Rootech gel (free sample)..they are sitting under my 96w CFL in a dome. Temp has been a consistent 79-81 degress w/ >90% humidity.

Hopefully they root! I need a mother plant from each set of 4 to get things going right. I'm giving the 2 ladies who so generously gave up their cuttings a few more days to heal then I'm throwing the Scrog on.

I'm going to use the single scrog again for this grow since I'm only running two plants. I'll let them fill up ~60% of the screen and then flip, these Whitefires like to stretch so that should be good enough.

That's it for now, I'll be closing this journal in limbo down soon and starting my new one in a bit. Later folks.

:peacetwo:

Quick pic update. Forgot to grab some pics before the Scrog was placed, doh!

White Fire OG, Scrog just placed. Left one was topped, right one was the 'runt'. They were basically the same height when I put the Scrog on. The topped one had significantly more side growth
PA010488.JPG
PA010489.JPG

White Fire OG, first day 12/12 - they really liked the extra dark time which made training tough
PA100490.JPG
PA100491.JPG
PA100492.JPG

White Fire OG, first day 12/12 - trained :phew:
PA100493.JPG

For day 1 of 12/12 I feel my screen is very full, maybe too much..first day of training was a bitch, and it is only going to get more difficult for the next few weeks.

Gave my first dose of Bud Blood EVER last night, hopefully the ladies will respond well. Bud Blood is designed to kickstart flowering, and also apparently helps with the stretch. Only 1 dose needed for the whole grow.

Majority of my clones have rooted, 4 I've put into starter cups with FFOF, 2 are sitting under the dome, and 2 are still waiting to root. A couple of the ones in FFOF started to get a bit crispy (grrrr) so I flushed them good last night. Strange how only 2/4 were showing the signs. I know FFOF can be a bit hot but this is kinda ??..maybe it was the use of bene's too early? The real bizarre thing is it was 1 of each clone, not 2 from the same mother. Any insights?

That's about all for right now, definitely been busy and still need to get the mother area setup..only a few more weeks till these clones outgrow my little veg cab.

~68 days of flowering to go.........:Namaste:

Finally! An update! :yahoo:

Plant's looking great, Bro, but it's gonna be tough to out-do your last SCROG! :bravo:

Thanks Krip, I'm sure gonna try! Dropped some decent $$ on some bloom supplements so hoping to fatten things up a bit this go around.

The first of many rounds of White Fire, I'm excited to pheno hunt and get things dialed in.

CONGRATS on Member of the Month, well deserved. :thumb:

Wooo, that's a gonna' be some Scrog my friend! You starting a new journal for this one? Plus reps for the screen and the new fertz.

Yo Sisco! First of all, Michael is scaring me..that pic/drawing is creepy as hell haha.

Not sure about a new journal yet, def gonna start one next round for the first batch of my own clones. I'm probably just going to continue updating this one sporadically for the remainder then start fresh.

Trying to get caught up on some other journals but my damn employers keep giving me stuff to do! :laughtwo:

:peacetwo:

Looking very nice, great job and bless.... + rep

Hi Sonzor, :thanks: for stopping by and for the reps.

When I got home last night I noticed my tops were significantly lighter green than before. In my last set of pics you can tell they are slightly light green but it was worse last night. I am 98% sure it is a sulfur deficiency so I mixed up some epsom salt/ro and foliar fed em when the lights came on.

I will start adding some extra epsoms for the next few waterings as well. Hopefully this fixes the issue.

My clones are still burning a bit, and it is turning out to be 3/4 in the FFoF. The other one is looking perfect. Trying to monitor them closely, next go around I'll probably cut the FFoF with something else.

:peace:

Wow it's been a while since I posted anything, time sure does fly when you're busy!

Here are a few photos I've taken, real happy with the progress of the White Fire Ogs. The canopy is not real even, and is pretty dense. I'll thin it a tad more but that's it.. :D

DAY 23 FLOWERING
PB020531.JPG
PB020527.JPG
PB020528.JPG

DAY 37 FLOWERING
lady #1
PB160546.JPG

lady #2
PB160547.JPG

both
PB160545.JPG

nug shots
PB160550.JPG
PB160548.JPG
PB160551.JPG
PB160549.JPG
PB160555.JPG

:love:

My tops are no longer yellow, been feeding lots of epsoms (love them epsoms!)..and everything is going real well. Been very happy so far with AN's Hammerhead, gonna do a flush this weekend and start the M.O.A.B cycle for a couple weeks. Hopefully they will fatten up nicely, and then I'll do my final flush for a week or two.

My two mothers have been chosen and the rest of the clones were discarded. Probably gonna take clones from them in the next week or two to get ready for the next cycle.

I'm really excited to finish these bitches up, they are easily the best looking and smelling plants I've had at this stage. Raskal killed these genetics..and I still have 9 more seeds to pop!! Pheno hunting is fun.

Back
Top Bottom