Mars Epistar Pro Series 160 LED Tester Grow - Dark Dragon - SCROG

arellanobrian

Hello :420: family!!! as some may already know I have been honored with the chance to test out he new Mars Pro Epistar 160 LED and have just received the light 3 days ago. There are alot of upgraded features like upgraded drivers and diodes for better efficiency and light intensity/PAR but some of the cooler features are the built in timer and ability to control the intensity of the color spectrum for different times so you can have the intensity steadily rise or decease throughout the day to help simulate the sum and save on energy. that allows you to have a light for all stages and really experiment with light intensity and do some awesome tests. I have grown under marshydro LEDs for a year now and have nothing but great things to say about the LEDs so far and there customer service is outstanding so i would recommend there lights from anyone trying to grow a couple of small plants for personal use to more serious growers that are looking to lower there watt consumption, have height restrictions or heat issues.

IMG_131033.JPG
IMG_131628.JPG
IMG_131731.JPG
IMG_131828.JPG
IMG_131931.JPG
IMG_132326.JPG
IMG_132828.JPG
IMG_132035.JPG

But enough about the lights I am sooo excited for this journal because i will also be growing a new strain i was able to acquire from my home state of Colorado, Dark Dragon from Kingdom Organics. I have started the seeds in my other current grow that you can find in my signiture if you would like to see how i germ'd them or the first 4 weeks of there lives. These are reg seeds so once i have all show sex ill weed out the males and number the females to see if i can find any keeper pheno's :blunt:

If you guys are new to my journals i also like to post videos about the grow so everyone can get a better view of the garden as well as random pics of my random adventures here in Colorado so sorry in advance for some off topic stuff haha but without further introduction here in my Dark Dragon SCROG under the new Mars Pro Epistar 160 LED. :Namaste:

Strian: Dark Dragon Reg from Kindom Organic Seeds

Grow Medium: FoxFarm Soil (mixed happy frog, coco loco and ocean forest i had)

Pot Size: #1 and #2 for now, final will be either #7 or #10

Lights: Mars Pro Epistar 160 LED

PH: about 6.5

Pests: none so far

Nutes: General Organics Go Box for Veg unsure for Bloom

Tent Size:2x4

Grow Style: SCROG with 2 of the current seedlings

Day 33 (3 days under Epistar 160 LED)

IMG_132222.JPG
IMG_132725.JPG
IMG_132922.JPG
IMG_133026.JPG
IMG_133119.JPG
IMG_133224.JPG
IMG_133425.JPG
IMG_133616.JPG
IMG_134025.JPG

I did want to go over some things about the different pheno's ive been able to find within the Dark Dragon strain, there are 2 really distinct pheno's showing right now, one growing a bit shorter with very wide and indica looking leaves the side branch growth is good and 1 of them even has side branches as tall as the man stem. the other pheno is still indica looking with overlapping leaves but longer and a thinner than the other pheno, they are growing taller, faster and are starting to have fan leaves with 11 fingers already so these are the ones im looking at right now. and i do have one that also has wrinkled leaves and is the runt of the family right now, it even has a leave folding in on itself. i did notice a little yellowing on one of the plants so last watering i gave a 1/4 strength feeding and will feed every 3rd watering from here on out.

I already posted some of these pics on my first post but for comparison here is the more indica pheno leaves
IMG_133616.JPG

The one with thinner leaves and seems to grow a bit faster
IMG_133425.JPG

and here is the one that is a bit mutated but IDK how many females i will be getting so we'll see what happens to this one
IMG_133930.JPG
IMG_133821.JPG

and here is the strain info from there actual wedsite

Dark Dragon F1 Hybrid

Lineage: Dark Matter (m) x Boggle Dragon
Viability: 90%
Recommended Growing Style: TLO (True Living Organics)
Yield: Very Large/Large
Flowering Time Indoors: 10 Weeks Max

The Boggle Dragon I selected for this cross is a giant yielding plant with huge resin covered flowers that are extremely dense; she also has very bubblegum flavors along with that sharp Honey Oil/fuel component. This female also carried over the strong influences of the Tibetan landrace in the Blue Dragon (KOS) that I really don't know exactly ow to describe other than to say everything seems very "golden" while under her influence. The textbook "happy weeds" and not sleepy; she is also extremely potent.

The male Dark Matter (KOS) I selected showed markers for maximum resin production along with exceptional adaptability, heartiness, and great resistances to salts, heat, drought, and even cold. His smells were along the "Grape Crush and Haze" lines, so the resulting Dark Dragon variety should have some stunning flavors and smells to be sure.

You can look up both her parents of this variety here at KOS to get further info. Thanks for the support and this is a great way to get a killer deal by doing a bit of gambling on this variety; I don't miss my mark very often. Soon the price will rise on these as I am testing them myself. There are a limited number of packs available for the Gamblers' Section, so choose wisely "Grasshopper" - Cheers!

Subbed for sure, Areaaaaallllaaannnn OOOOBrrrrian!

I thought the new Pro Cree had upgraded drivers as well but then Catfish Knight said the factory had to replace one or two drivers during the factory test. Maybe Mars is still tweaking the Cree pros?? Anyhow , good luck with this light, I see awesome results already in just three days. Healthy looking bushes dude! Stop by and speak your mind at my Mars-dirt thread if you feel like some friendly banter .

Mars - Dirt thread

Hey beautiful light and plants. I also have a Mars, just a 400 but its growing some purdy buds so far. I like the strain you have chosen as well. I am on my first grow and im also using the GO line. I have read good and bad reviews on it but for me its workin like a charm, no issues at all. I think you will be pleased. I have just fed the suggested amounts and the plants luv it. Also really good pics, you must do the white balance thing, very crisp too. Thanks for starting an awsome journal. Subbed

Subbed for sure, Areaaaaallllaaannnn OOOOBrrrrian!

I thought the new Pro Cree had upgraded drivers as well but then Catfish Knight said the factory had to replace one or two drivers during the factory test. Maybe Mars is still tweaking the Cree pros?? Anyhow , good luck with this light, I see awesome results already in just three days. Healthy looking bushes dude! Stop by and speak your mind at my Mars-dirt thread if you feel like some friendly banter .

Mars - Dirt thread

Im not sure what happend with there cree drivers but i do believe the drivers were upgaded but sometimes you get faulty equip right out of the box, glad they caught it before it left the factory though. thanx for making it over man and ill see if i can make it to your dirt thread

subbed ��
cant wait till i can get one aswelll i love the mars hydro light ��

loving it

Glad you decided to go with mars hydro, ive used all there products and they work great

Hey beautiful light and plants. I also have a Mars, just a 400 but its growing some purdy buds so far. I like the strain you have chosen as well. I am on my first grow and im also using the GO line. I have read good and bad reviews on it but for me its workin like a charm, no issues at all. I think you will be pleased. I have just fed the suggested amounts and the plants luv it. Also really good pics, you must do the white balance thing, very crisp too. Thanks for starting an awsome journal. Subbed

Thanx for making it man i love my mars products as well, i have there reflector seris, mars2, old style and now there pre style lights with no complaints so far. And i love my Go Box nutes i havent had any real issues with them, i have seen horrible and amazing results with just about every nute company out there just use what works for you brotha. I am using some white balance but have so many different versions of there light you still get some funky color sometimes haha :Namaste:

Subbed, I am really interested in dark dragon, boggle dragon,and dark matter so eager to see whats in store with your different phenos and the cool new light!

I have been looking for some good Colorado strains as i like supporting my local community and after reading there site and looking into Skunk Magazine i knew i found a passionate breeder! i hope there are some intereseting pheno's for sure and let me know if you would like any specific info on any of them :Namaste:

I'm in. Looking good in here.:tokin:

:volcano-smiley: thanx man

I am here. Can't wait to see how this turns out!!! :popcorn: :peace:

Thanx man! i hope i can make it a grow close to what you would have done. thanx brotha :circle-of-love:

I have been curious about the Pro series of lights since they came out. A bit pricey for me personally, but they look like they could be a nice setup.

you know I'm in for the ride subbed and watching

thanx buddy im glad you made it over haha you and hemphog have been there from the beginning really :thanks:

Im following this one too... is it just me or is that light damn close to the canopy? Correct me if im wrong

thanx for making it over man im glad you made it. when i first had them in the tent i placed it at 20 inches from the canopy but they really have grown since then so probable closer to 16-18 now. the site recommends 24-30 so i will be raising the lights soon. i usually alway keep my lights a bit closer than what is recommended. i actually have some of my thunderhaze buds 3-5 inches away as the canopy isnt very even haha kills the coverage but my biggest buds are always the ones that are closest to the lights (all buds are nice but the closer the bigger in my experience)

:circle-of-love: thank you for the journal, arellanobrian. I will be watching from the start to the end.:cheer:

I'm in for the duration of this test grow !!

:circle-of-love: thank you for the journal, arellanobrian. I will be watching from the start to the end.:cheer:

Thank you for the opportunity Sara :circle-of-love: cant wait to see what this new light can really do

I'm in for the duration of this test grow !!

thanx man, hope you enjoy and feel free to add anything if you would like

Back
Top Bottom