Mars Hydro 400w Mile High Club

Actually I think I'd rather have a 400w with external power supply and 2 more fans in it to give it more even heat displacement. Would need another 12v power supply for the additional fans.

Here is my 400 with a 300w reflector each side over a Golden Goat, she has about 4 weeks left. I have had my 400 about 3 years now and I just pulled glass out for this grow and the intensity is so much better and the biggest buds I have had On a Golden Goat.:volcano-smiley:
8-2_001.JPG
8-2_003.JPG
8-2_004.JPG

Yeah but never mind to be honest I'm not a fan of anything in a led that is veg spectrum.

I was under the same impression (based on research not experience) until recently. I did most of my veg with cheaper 260w LED but added a 400w Mars Reflector 2/3 of the way through. Plants seems to take off under it way better than the T5s I've used in the past plus I love how tight the nodes get too. I live in the desert so heat is an issue, I'm definitely sold on Mars and intend on buying a few more and I expand into two rooms.
image14056.jpeg

Hey Spart, I have replaced a few led chips, but other than that it has grown alot of bud and with the glass out of it, it is so much brighter. I had already pulled the glass out of 6 old style mars, the old 300 and its amazing how much bigger my plants and buds are since I pulled the glass out. So I thought I would try the 400 with out glass and I believe the light is much better, brighter and runs cooler:thumb:

Hey Densnug, Do you need to take all the stuff out to panel remove the glass? I like the sound of bigger buds, and a cooler running light.

Yea Snid you have to strip the inside to get the glass out, but all pretty easy and I have no doubt you can do it. Everytime I took mine apart to clean the inside of the glass, the glass had a haze on the inside, once cleaned it would look good a couple weeks, then start getting hazey again, so started with my old 300 s first, have 6, and they have been going for about 2 months this way. Unbelievable how much brighter, runs cooler, easy led maintenance, buff the leds when off and she stays bright. Lets look at this this way, the led lens loses 2-3 % of the light, the glass probably 2-3 %, If the glass is hazy, I would guess another 3-5% lost and that haze seems to reflect the light back at the leds, so is that more light lost. The white panel that the leds are mounted to is not as bright with the glass out. Everything I have read is the glass is to protect the electrical connections on the leds from sulfur, if you burn sulfur in your room for pest. I dont and I believe my lights are better now. KIG Snid and the rest of my 420 Friends:thumb::volcano-smiley:

This one is on day 33 of 70 days flower under 2 of the old 300 about 280w from the wall total, the glass in these lights have been pulled, she is in a 30"x 36" scrog, she could be my first 1 lb plant. Sorry Spart not a 400 but I just want to show how much taking the glass out has helped me.:volcano-smiley:
8-17_011.JPG
8-17_012.JPG
8-17_013.JPG
Thank Spart for this thread

Yeah no worries about it not being a 400w i might change the name to just the mars hydro mile high club. My light in 6 months now isnt hazy and i looked in it the other day and there were no dust bunnies but im really caution on how clean i keep my grow area. Plus every now and again i spray compressed air in all the nooks

:goodjob::cheer:
This one is on day 33 of 70 days flower under 2 of the old 300 about 280w from the wall total, the glass in these lights have been pulled, she is in a 30"x 36" scrog, she could be my first 1 lb plant. Sorry Spart not a 400 but I just want to show how much taking the glass out has helped me.:volcano-smiley:
8-17_011.JPG
8-17_012.JPG
8-17_013.JPG
Thank Spart for this thread

:circle-of-love:Our light is happy with you:volcano-smiley:
Yeah no worries about it not being a 400w i might change the name to just the mars hydro mile high club. My light in 6 months now isnt hazy and i looked in it the other day and there were no dust bunnies but im really caution on how clean i keep my grow area. Plus every now and again i spray compressed air in all the nooks

its amazing how much bigger my plants and buds are since I pulled the glass out. So I thought I would try the 400 with out glass and I believe the light is much better, brighter and runs cooler:thumb:

That's an idea I had not thought of... I'm going to have to try that out before I start my next grow.

One thing that I found was that with the provided hangers, there was a lot of wasted space above the light. I made a frame from aluminum angle that supported the bottom of the light, and by hanging the light from these was able to raise my lights a few more inches... Really important because I have a very height limited cabinet.

I can now raise the lights so close to the roof that the power plug is touching the top of the cabinet.

If you really really want to get it close I recommend just going with 4 yoyos/ratchets connected directly to the eye holes i rearranged mine and it's now hanging straight off the top poles and is literally 8cm from the top of the tent just the length of the ratchet hangers I'll get a photo for ya now since lights are on for a few minutes

hanging7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom