Mars Hydro 4x4 Indoor Grow: TSW2000W LED, 2 Strains, Autogrow, First Time

Badgoodcat

420 Member
Hey guys. Marking this post for tomorrow when i start my grow, my seeds are currently in the mail and ill be setting up my grow tent and literally going from there. As a current MMJ card patient this will be my first grow consisting of 2 strains, Northern Lights from Grower's Choice and Zkittlez from 420. Follow along if you'd like for daily updates and questions that ill probably be sending constantly.

Currently: I have 3 of the seeds on Hand (Picture Below) Shipping was awesome with Growers Choice, and they were received in less than 7 days. The seeds will be germinated using the paper towel method with 6.5 PH RO Water from my water purification system I have in my kitchen, under my sink.

My current soil medium is FFOF and Happyfrog with perlite. Ill be mixing 60% FFOF 20% happyfrog (top layer. to cool off the soil as recommended by my local hydroponics shop) and 20% overall perlite to help with filtration.

I will be growing 3 of the seeds outdoor, in Natures Living Soil Mix Autogrow (5lb) soil.

I have the following for soil:

2 Bags FFOF (56.6l or 2cu/ft) each
3 Bags Natures Living Soil Autogrow (5lb)
5lbs Perlite
1 Bag Happy Frog (2cu/ft or 56.6l)

^^suggestions?

Tools on Hand include:

PPM Meter (digital)
PH Meter (digital)
PH Up/Down
Cal+Mag
FoxFarms Trio Mix for Nutrients
Mars Hydro Complete TSW2000W Grow Tent 4x4' with filtration
5 Gallon Vivosun grow pots (x8)
12" Runoff Bowls for PPM measurements (x8)
BASEMENT LOCATION FOR INDOOR GROW because also sure.
De-Humidifier for the Basement because sure.

What am I forgetting friends?! Guide me in the Growing Ways!

I will be cataloguing this post religiously after work(Daily). I currently work in a lab environment and will be as meticulous as possible for you guys. The outdoor plants are for a variable grow (for fun). I will be growing 1 of each strain outdoors in the NLS 5lb Auto-grow bags, inside of a small 6'x10'x7' greenhouse in a continental climate (Michigan). I am curious to see yield differences, and to be able to able experience growing, both indoors and outdoors, (with suggestions from users). Especially since its my first time. I guess we'll see how huge of a hole I've dug myself.

This is gonna be F*ckin interesting.

Ill update again tomorrow, as soon as I have pictures. I will be posting and writing this vlog kind of in a journal format. Documenting everything I can.

Thanks for reading! Lets GROW!

2.jpg

Welcome to the 420 Family!
Hope you have a terrific time growing.
What are you using for pest management?
Fans for air circulation are a must.
Plant ties for training.
If you have issues with low humidity a cool mist humidifier is a plus.
Good luck!

sweet start. :welcome:

you're gonna want a little more light or a bigger rig for a 4 x 4.

edit : the tsw is great to start though.

looking forward to the greenhouse. there's bunches of ontario growers who roll stuff outside. you're in the same zone, you'll do fine.

Hey guys. Marking this post for tomorrow when i start my grow, my seeds are currently in the mail and ill be setting up my grow tent and literally going from there. As a current MMJ card patient this will be my first grow consisting of 2 strains, Northern Lights from Grower's Choice and Zkittlez from 420. Follow along if you'd like for daily updates and questions that ill probably be sending constantly.

Currently: I have 3 of the seeds on Hand (Picture Below) Shipping was awesome with Growers Choice, and they were received in less than 7 days. The seeds will be germinated using the paper towel method with 6.5 PH RO Water from my water purification system I have in my kitchen, under my sink.

My current soil medium is FFOF and Happyfrog with perlite. Ill be mixing 60% FFOF 20% happyfrog (top layer. to cool off the soil as recommended by my local hydroponics shop) and 20% overall perlite to help with filtration.

I will be growing 3 of the seeds outdoor, in Natures Living Soil Mix Autogrow (5lb) soil.

I have the following for soil:

2 Bags FFOF (56.6l or 2cu/ft) each
3 Bags Natures Living Soil Autogrow (5lb)
5lbs Perlite
1 Bag Happy Frog (2cu/ft or 56.6l)

^^suggestions?

Tools on Hand include:

PPM Meter (digital)
PH Meter (digital)
PH Up/Down
Cal+Mag
FoxFarms Trio Mix for Nutrients
Mars Hydro Complete TSW2000W Grow Tent 4x4' with filtration
5 Gallon Vivosun grow pots (x8)
12" Runoff Bowls for PPM measurements (x8)
BASEMENT LOCATION FOR INDOOR GROW because also sure.
De-Humidifier for the Basement because sure.

What am I forgetting friends?! Guide me in the Growing Ways!

I will be cataloguing this post religiously after work(Daily). I currently work in a lab environment and will be as meticulous as possible for you guys. The outdoor plants are for a variable grow (for fun). I will be growing 1 of each strain outdoors in the NLS 5lb Auto-grow bags, inside of a small 6'x10'x7' greenhouse in a continental climate (Michigan). I am curious to see yield differences, and to be able to able experience growing, both indoors and outdoors, (with suggestions from users). Especially since its my first time. I guess we'll see how huge of a hole I've dug myself.

This is gonna be F*ckin interesting.

Ill update again tomorrow, as soon as I have pictures. I will be posting and writing this vlog kind of in a journal format. Documenting everything I can.

Thanks for reading! Lets GROW!

2.jpg
Welcome you'll find all the help you need at 420 welcome. I use about the same mix for soil 2parts ffof 1 part happy frog and added perlite. You started off big go for it

Hey guys! So today was kind of boring,

It looks like I'm sprouting tails slightly after soaking for about 24 hours ( I decided to start the first set of seeds last night I couldn't wait!) These are the Northern Lights Autos x3 from Grower's Choice Seeds btw

So moving forward,

After work today I came home to the below picture! Tails! On 2/3 that were visible at least and the third one had fallen to the bottom of the glass. I finished up the basement today and Ill be putting up my tent tomorrow. I had to make some space obviously.

Okay so to answer some questions and to make some solutions

Pest Management: Monterey Garden Insect Spray. I picked this up on Amazon today, after a recommendation from a friend in CA who has been outdoor growing for years. Should be the right stuff to handle my bug problem

SPACE...and how I don't as much as I thought: Moving forward I'm going to grow 5 plants as planned in the tent until space begins to become an issue at which point I'm going to select a plant to go outside that looks the strongest to finish its grow. Thoughts?>

Also! My 420 Zkittles x5 Arrived today and began their soak in some spring water! Ill be posting pictures up of them tomorrow when theyre a bit more interesting than seeds (hopefully) as well as my Mars Hydro Grow Tent once its setup and functional.

I got a few additional Items today off Amazon which include: Digital Timer for lights, 12" Hurricane mounted fan, Yellow Strips for bugs! AND Plant Ties for LST all are recommended by MrGrowIt.com And That's it folks!

Tomorrow Ill be sending a bit longer of a post, more pictures, and replying to everyone, thank you for following!~

2.jpg

Welcome to the 420 Family!
Hope you have a terrific time growing.
What are you using for pest management?
Fans for air circulation are a must.
Plant ties for training.
If you have issues with low humidity a cool mist humidifier is a plus.
Good luck!
I bought some new equipment today after your suggestions here, tell me what you think!

The biggest thing for indoor grow is control of the environment!
I have no idea what your local environment is like...so,
Get a decent hydrometer and thermometer.
If you plan on growing indoors seasonal. Than a good controller/indicator is on the shopping list. Look at "Inkbird" products.
Fans are always a plus....look at a couple of small personal desktop type fans 4 inch or so. Great for under canapy in a small area.

Looking like your on the right track.
Mr. Growit.com is cool!
I've heard of Monterey Gardens... don't know their products.
Moving them outside is always a good option.

Anyways, there's still the drying and curing that needs to be addressed.:rofl:

Hey guys! its been a long weekend.

So Ive actually got my grow tent setup, and I had to add 3 clones to the mix that're 16 days old. Im also germinating a few other seeds at the same time because most of my bought seeds unfortunately did NOT germinate and I was forced to buy autos, that were popped from seeds from a local breeder.

So here we are:

2x Forbidden Runtz @16 days
1x Jack Widow @16 days
1x Northern Lights Recently popped above soil as of 7/4/21 5gallon pot as well
2x ZKittlez with successful germination and now in 5gallon pots waiting to pop

I now have 6 girls under 18/6 light cycles (all 5gallon) but unfortunately my humidity levels are getting way out of hand and I had to order a dehumidifier for the tent that will be here on 7/7/21 for now unfortunately my plants will have to suffer. Theyre currently in a lights off status and I had a very long day/weekend reorganizing my garage and Ill be uploading pictures tomorrow accordingly!. Thanks for sticking around. Theres not much going on in my grow right now and I wont be moving any of them outside anytime soon, until space becomes an issue.

My light is also 26" above the plant canopy and set to 30% dimming with a max temperature of 75F. with 75% RH =/

Is there anything Im missing here? Should I be doing more? I dont need to do anything but water for the first 30 days due to the living soil environment, and am currently watering with a 6.28PH at 64ml per every other day depending on if the medium is dry. I made the mistake of watering too close to my newly popped northern lights and the stem moved. =/ scared the hell out of me and i learned my lesson quickly by switching to a WATER BOTTLE.

Here's my grow as of today, I wish I had an excel sheet to track it with better. The 3 plants in the front are the clones, I tested the PH of my water, and runoff as well and its all within limits. They came to me with the burns from seeding (not me!) and for whatever reason the tips where cut off =/

the other Plants Are (Top Left) Northern Lights and (Top Right) Zkittlez and the middle is Zkittlez.

Ive also added a Dehumidifier and my Temps are 23c and 75% RH respectively. Soil runoff is 6.3-6.7PH between the containers.

The middle is a 3gallon to save some space.

My light is currently set to 30% Dimming as well and Ill be installing an AC that's set to come on at 78 degrees and shut off at 73 or so. I have a controller I bought off amazon from Inkbird, that Ill be hooking up and ducting (AKA Cardboard and Duct tape engineering) a connection from a small window AC in my garage, to my grow tent.

Then! that Ill control with the IB controller.

My Humidity atm is fine for veg since its 75% RH but the humidifier I bought from Vivosun (79$ Version) isnt working that well =/ Major sadface, since the first one I bought literally popped and almost caught on fire.

I may use the one I have in the basement if I need too since its more heavy duty.

The clones are currently 20 days old, and the other two plants are 8 days old from sprout. Im still waiting on the middle pot to come up =/ although it did germinate. I talked to Grower's Choice Support and was told to Germinate them for up to 2 weeks, so I guess we will see.

This stage of the grow seems relatively boring so far. I have been watering with 10ml of Cal-Mag to 3gallons of 6.2PH'd water and have had to water the plants once as of today from potting, and I'm currently on an 18/6 light cycle using my digital light controller. I'm pretty happy so far with ventilation, the Mars Hydro 6" Ventilation Fan seems to really be doing the job, at only 1/2 power or so with the temps staying around 23C even, in the daytime. Although I seem to be getting a lot of recommendations for other lights and the AC infinity inline fan (6") because it has a digital controller, and not a physical one.

Take it easy guys ill update again soon when I either murder the crop on accident or they decide to start getting bigger XD

PS!

The bottom plants where also re-potted roughly 4 days ago and seem to be doing okay the leaves are firm and looking generally happy. I had just watered before this picture, so they're drooping a little bit.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Here are closeups of the plants, you can see on the Autos that I bought (they're Humbolt Genetics supposedly) that they cut them for whatever reason, and 1 of them came to me looking not the best but seems to be recovering. Thoughts?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Simple update! my plants are 4 weeks and 2 weeks respectively. ALL AUTOS and in veg. RH is 70% and highest temp was 78 F theyre looking pretty happy and I just did their first defoliation today.

I apparently cant upload videos, so here is a small link to todays progress, all using the Mars Hydro 4x4 Complete Tent system from amazon with 6" inline fan. Its keeping temps surprisingly cool for my climate.

Back
Top Bottom