Mars Hydro Fc 6500 Grow

I am a day late on my update, it has been a very busy week. Here we go again my friends @SmokeSara @r0am1ng st0ner @Stormblessed @The Dirty @Jack420

This is the 9th week of flowering since flipping the lights to 12/12 and today is the ladies second last watering of nutrients.

This Friday I will begin the rinse process using Advanced Nutrients Final Flush. Everything is looking pretty awesome and I really found the Mars Hydro FC 6500 light to have performed flawless through out the entire grow.

Next round in the 5X5 Tent I will be placing the ballast outside of the tent so there is less heat build up to deal with.

This weeks update pictures below.

PINK KUSH OCTOBER 13th Picture 1.jpg

PINK KUSH OCTOBER 13th Picture 3.jpg

PINK KUSH OCTOBER 13th Picture  2.jpg

Dide super good pulled off 5.5 onces off one auto not to shabby

N they was under ts3000 n one sp150 did good overall now got sun clones rolling flipping in two weeks

Hello Flying Whales, hi Everyone.

Just stopped to thank you for your grow journal and the great videos. Your bud packed tent is really impressive. You’ve done a great job so far.

@Jack420 your pictures are impressive too, the plant is beautiful. What was the pot size ? Was it a fabric pot ? What medium was in that pot ? What nutes did you feed the plant ?

On a side note, I’d like to share thoughts about the FC6500 and Mars Hydro.

Just like many people I am very tempted to purchase the Mars FC6500 light, it has many features that really make it standout (components, price, performance?). There are, however, a few things that prevent me to go ahead and buy it, right now.

First off I am intrigued as to how the FC6500 can flower a 5’x5’ tent with PPFD numbers close to 1000 in the corners and edges of the tent, when other brand lights with more or less the same bar design and same technologies (same size, 8 bars, Samsung LM301B/H diodes, 600/650W driver) can only flower 4’x4’ tents with PPFD numbers close to the1000 mark in the corners and edges.

Second thing is there is no INDEPENDENT PAR test video shot in a 5’x5’ tent for the Mars FC6500 light. The PPFD charts provided by Mars Hydro can’t be trusted, unfortunately, as everyone knows…

And last but not least, judging by the sheer number of unsatisfied 2020 Mars Hydro customers that have taken the time to leave a review on trustpilot.com about the way Mars Hydro handles their support request even for lights still under warranty, my gut feeling makes me shy away from Mars Hydro items even though I struggle hard with myself not buy the FC6500.

Anyways, I hope yours or Mars Hydro’s behavior won’t disappoint you in the long run.

Hello Flying Whales,
On a side note, I’d like to share thoughts about the FC6500 and Mars Hydro.

Just like many people I am very tempted to purchase the Mars FC6500 light, it has many features that really make it standout (components, price, performance?). There are, however, a few things that prevent me to go ahead and buy it, right now.

First off I am intrigued as to how the FC6500 can flower a 5’x5’ tent with PPFD numbers close to 1000 in the corners and edges of the tent, when other brand lights with more or less the same bar design and same technologies (same size, 8 bars, Samsung LM301B/H diodes, 600/650W driver) can only flower 4’x4’ tents with PPFD numbers close to the1000 mark in the corners and edges.

My experience with Mars Hydro has been very positive so far. I have had zero issues with any of their lights before buying the FC 6500 I was using 2 of their SP250 for Veg lights and they where also flawless.

The FC 6500 smashes my 5X5 and every part of the tent is extremely well lit. Bud structures is the same size throughout the whole tent.

I do not own a Par meter but I really wish that I did. The local hydroponic store where I live has the FC 6500 and beside it is a Gavita Pro 1700e and really they both look like they are putting out the same amount of light output.

I have zero regrets in my purchase and as my tent draws closer to harvest I believe this light will last me a few years and pay for itself ten times over.

Money well spent in my opinion!

:)

We just bought a new Par Meter from the United States to test FC, and we will receive it soon.
We plan to shoot the FC series PAR test video at the end of this month or early next month.

Today is the last update for the Pink Kush in my 5X5 tent. I will continue to keep this thread going but it will be with all new genetics from Ethos.

The girls are currently on day 5 of flushing and will be harvest sometime next week. I will more then likely not be doing an update video or pictures as I will very much be busy harvesting this tent.

Stay tuned in the next round I will be doing 3 new strains from Ethos in the 5X5 and scrogged. The strains are as follows Candy Store, Orange Kush Cake and Blueberry Sunset.

I will update the final weight of the Pink Kush once everything has been trimmed dried and cured.

I would like to tag my friends that have been following along since day 1 of this journal
@SmokeSara a @r0am1ng st0ner @Stormblessed @The Dirty @Jack420.

To all of the doubters I will say this about the Mars Hydro FC 6500, it does not disappoint. :thumb:

Pictures below.

Crop Completed 2.jpg

Crop Completed 1.jpg

I feel ya I got clones almost ready to switch to flower

I have 3 plants that are way to big for my 2X4 Mars Hydro tent that is powered by a Budget Led Series 2+ Red Spec 350 Watt Dimmable Grow Light.

I have basically had to trim the 3 plants multiple times trying to keep them at a manageable size. These ladies are going to explode in the 5X5 with the added room and height.

Things are just getting started here. @Stormblessed I will most definitely do an update with final yield and thoughts on my first grow with the FC 6500 as well as smoke report.

My prediction is there is well over 2 pounds of very nice bud cured an dried when all is said and done. If I hit anywhere over the 2 pound mark I will be very happy seeing as I have used a lot less hydro from the wall and would have basically doubled my past yields in the grow tent.

That alone is a win in my books. :yahoo:

Tagging my friends to give you all the final weight on this crop with the FC 6500 @SmokeSara a @r0am1ng st0ner @Stormblessed @The Dirty @Jack420 .

I trimmed everything up Sunday and hung it to dry in them massive bud drying basket trays. I will admit that this is very new way of drying my buds for me.

I usually trim them up and dry them by hanging the sticks and wait till the stems snap before jarring to begin the curing process and this method takes about 7 days in my garage.

Several fans on in my heated garage and 2 dehumidifiers running constantly keeping the humidity at around 40%.

I completely removed the buds from the plant and trimmed them up nicely before placing them in the mesh baskets.

Today to the touch they where bone dry and weighted next to nothing I decided it was time to start the curing process. The buds are much more dry then my usual way of processing the plants.

Regardless of this I was extremely shocked when I weighted everything up to determine my final weight and yield for the FC 6500.

I would weight 32 grams at a time and consider that 1 oz to compensate for possibly losing a little more final weight during the curing process. I highly doubt it will lose much more to be honest as it already is very dry.

Final weight is 2 Pounds 12 Ounces. If you want that by the Ounces final yield was 44OZ. There was 12 grams left still but I did not add that to the final weight either.

The Pink Kush is not a heavy yielder so I am sure my next crop using Ethos Genetics will smash this yield for sure.

Very Happy with how this light performed and I have so much quality bud that I will not be running out anytime soon.

Next Sunday we will continue this thread with all new genetics. Stay tuned.

Picture below! :yahoo:

P1040381.JPG

P1040384.JPG

Back
Top Bottom