Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

My current veg predicament​

I have this lady who I could flower in Coco in a week or two.

You'll see Audrey 2 (left) and my Wedding Cake plant (right) vegging in there too. Audrey 2 could also be flowered.

And I have this in my Veg area:

These are the 4 candidates to go into the next RDWC run. They best 2 (maybe 3) root systems will go through.

This is the front runner. She's the one back right:

But they're all coming along nicely to be honest.

Scenario 1 - I flower the Big Coco lady and Audrey 2​

I will have the 4 plants in the starter DWC system in the veg area + the little Wedding Cake for the next 3-4 weeks while Audrey and Co finish up. 4 will become 2 (maybe 3) in that time. So I should have room to accommodate at least 2 clones in the starter DWC starter and the Wedding Coco.

Pros
- I get to squeeze in another harvest
- I cull 1 or 2 clones instead of the big lady

Cons
- Deal with flowering another medium. Will have to set up dripper and deal with drainage.
- Clones roots will be in a temperature unregulated environment for a few weeks.
- Starter DWC requires more maintenance in terms of keeping on top of PH and topping up.

Scenario 2 - I cull the Big Coco lady​

I will have Audrey 2 and the Wedding Cake in the Veg tent by themselves for the next 3-4 weeks. I will then move the plants in the DWC starter bucket into the RDWC system. Where I can veg for a couple of weeks, and then flip 3 of them.

Pros
- Don't have to deal with another growing medium and keep everything RDWC
- More space in the veg area for the remaining 2 veg ladies
- I move the clones into the RDWC system sooner and veg them in there for a little and flip them sooner.

Cons
- I've had to cull a perfectly healthy plant
- 1 less harvest

I'm going to make myself a cup of tea. Roll one up, and think on it. I'd love to hear your thought's guys.

Let me know which one you favour:

Scenario 1 - Flower the Big Lady
Scenario 2 - Cull the Big Lady

Hot damn now here is a plant I am very very interested in seeing flower, the first pic, wow, drulling already

What I meant to say is I hope that got sorted out
Thanks mate, much appreciated
I’ve read bad things can happen when that happens
Yea they can indeed - I'm a little nervous to be honest, I'm trying not to think about it. It doesn't take a lot. Let's all just think positively and they should be fine :Namaste: I'm picturing a big fat Audrey come Day 63

Hot damn now here is a plant I am very very interested in seeing flower, the first pic, wow, drulling already
Thank you @Dabeast09 your vote has been noted brother! :Rasta:

The scores so far:

Scenario 1 - FlowerScenario 2 - Cull
1 - DaBeast - Save the Coco lady0

Scenario 3: new tent and light sponsor....BOOM you have enough room for all!
:rofl: I wish! I wish I had the space @copperrein. I've floated the idea with my partner - it did not go down well :laughtwo:

:rofl: I wish I had the space @copperrein. I've floated the idea with my partner - it did not go down well :laughtwo:
Don't cull anyone. That would break my heart. Does that count as my vote ;)
Love your work my friend and your attention to detail is fantastic. I'll enjoy what ever you decide :thumb:

Love your work my friend and your attention to detail is fantastic. I'll enjoy what ever you decide :thumb:
What he said :yummy: . No seriously, I'm totally with Bill, couldn't have put it better

What he said :yummy: . No seriously, I'm totally with Bill, couldn't have put it better
Thanks guys :Namaste: That means a lot.

And thanks for the vote :thumb:

Well I suppose scenario two sounds better. You keep everything the same medium. More ability to focus on quality by easing up on quantity. Plus: less stress on you sounds like!
Thanks @copperrein :high-five: You summed it up well there.

Scores stand at:

Scenario 1 - FlowerScenario 2 - Cull
DaBeast CopperRein
Bill
Rexer

Can @copperrein inspire a comeback....

was going to switch to Epsom salts when it’s finished

I haven't found anything solid on the site, so I will write something up and let you know.

About a day or two.

To start you can dissolve about 7ml or about 5 grams in 4 liters of warm water, let cool and ph to 6.0. Spray the foliage when the lights are off , or you may cause light burn on the leaves. One thing I will tell you while I write this paper is do not use Espom Salt in your solution if you are spraying her.

I still have to figure out how this is going to effect your nutrient solution, so be cautious.

Hope this helps, you should see result after a few days.

Tok..

I haven't found anything solid on the site, so I will write something up and let you know.

About a day or two.

To start you can dissolve about 7ml or about 5 grams in 4 liters of warm water, let cool and ph to 6.0. Spray the foliage when the lights are off , or you may cause light burn on the leaves. One thing I will tell you while I write this paper is do not use Espom Salt in your solution if you are spraying her.

I still have to figure out how this is going to effect your nutrient solution, so be cautious.

Hope this helps, you should see result after a few days.

Tok..
Ok thanks Tok. Will look forward to your article. I'm sure you will get a question or two from me when i do eventually use it. What I have left of it in liquid form should last me this grow I think.

Day 41 Flower continued...​

The readings have been pretty steady today. Currently we're at:

PPM : 460
PH : 5.7

EC rising and PH falling. I won't read too much into this, depending on the water level this could be EC is too strong or too weak. We'll see what the morning brings and when the lights come back on.

:peace:

Day 42 Flower​

Good morning guys. And Happy Monday!

The readings this morning:

PPM : 460
PH : 5.7

Hasn't moved since last night. Water level has dropped significantly though. Bumped the PH up to 5.9. Lights back on for the ladies after almost 36 hours of darkness, so lets just hope they continue to flower following the interruption to their dark period.

I'll be swapping out the res either today or tomorrow for the final recipe. I'll be flushing through some fresh water for an hour before adding the new feed. I'm going to bump the nutrient strength up to 500ppm/1.0ec (maybe even a little higher) to address the deficiencies i saw as I'm noticing them on other parts of the canopy too.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom